Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to deal magical god on solo lane? (by using vamana)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How to deal magical god on solo lane? (by using vamana) 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iGodOfFight » August 5, 2014 1:13pm | Report
Hello everyone,

Latly I started to use Vamana, It's going good enoght when I am against physical gods, but when I am against ranged - magical I just hopeless.

I mean, today I was against Zeus and I was terrible, same thing happened to me against vulcan and Ymir (yes Ymir in solo lane), I mean, they just doing to me extream damage, I even tried to use ultimate against zeus, but he just used his ultimate and finish me with this (2,000 HP and kill me with 1 skill).

What am I suppose to do when I am facing magical enemy?

My build is
CORE: Warrior Tabi, Qin Sails, Hastend Fatails.
and Hide Of The Urchine is semi-core.

And then 2 final items are:
Witchblade, Ruinforge Hammer, The Executioner, Rage.
I am choosing 2 of this items.

Am I doing something wrong? what should I change and what kind of tactic do you have for me in that kind of cases?

iGodOfFight

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tooonah » August 5, 2014 1:41pm | Report
Ancile is pretty much required, don't be shy to counter build.

Tooonah

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 5, 2014 1:54pm | Report
jup take Ancile as your second def item but you would need to take it pretty early. so you have the choice of going very defensive early game or swapping out the urchin for it (The last thing is what I recommend when the balance is more to mage (4v1 but on 3-2 it's possible too)) or just get urchin as 4th item (because stacking urchin isn't such f a must early game only look out with the jungle)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iGodOfFight » August 5, 2014 2:24pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

jup take Ancile as your second def item but you would need to take it pretty early. so you have the choice of going very defensive early game or swapping out the urchin for it (The last thing is what I recommend when the balance is more to mage (4v1 but on 3-2 it's possible too)) or just get urchin as 4th item (because stacking urchin isn't such f a must early game only look out with the jungle)

Tooonah wrote:

Ancile is pretty much required, don't be shy to counter build.

Thanks, I would try that next time.

Also, I have a problem against Chaac, When I am against him (when I am with vamana but also with every other god), I don't know what to do, he slowly kill me every time with his axe, he just throw it on me, and every time deal 200+ damage and I feel hopeless.

iGodOfFight

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 5, 2014 3:06pm | Report
well that's the problem with that axe it deals massive damage early game. It's possible to doge it so that's y only recommendation I can give you.

building phys prot will also let it hurt less but most of the time chaac second item is a Jotunn's Wrath

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iGodOfFight » August 5, 2014 3:44pm | Report
So...
There is nothing I can do against it?
I mean every Chaac I played against did the same thing.

Just spam to axe on me and when I am below 30% he go with ult and kill me.
And I can't counter it, it maybe looks like it's slow but it's have huge range or damage, and u really can't get out of it in time.

iGodOfFight

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 5, 2014 5:25pm | Report
How to kill a ranged annoyance... BLINK nuff said.

Problem is that Vamanas ult doesn't really instant kill...

best you could hope for is blink, 2, ult crit?

Or maybe get one of the actives that slows them down.

I would be more worried about clearing the lane instead of killing campers, until team fights happen.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 6, 2014 10:49am | Report
iGodOfFight wrote:

maybe looks like it's slow but it's have huge range or damage, and u really can't get out of it in time.

You can get out of it in time really easy if he throws the axe and your in the middle it's easier to dodge (I miss those shots because the other god just continues it's walk way walking out)
than when it's predicted where you going (You need to react if you react to slow you get caught)

Also when you have trouble don't be scared to fight under your tower more (letting the other overextend) and then let your jungler gank him.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 6, 2014 1:30pm | Report
Gaia first item ez ;)

Solo lane is all about not dying, if you keep alive you can win :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 6, 2014 2:29pm | Report

Gaia first item ez ;)

Solo lane is all about not dying, if you keep alive you can win :)

I'm going to agree with this. Stone of Gaia is such an amazing item. One of my favorites when building against magic.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }