Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

General Assault Builds (Revised)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » General Assault Builds (Revised) 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 25, 2014 11:59am | Report
i did it on ymir today and because i also get midas (because sup ymir) i could get myself a full sov and gaia when I died (the death were pretty late especially on our team XD)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 16, 2015 3:43pm | Report
Hey Devampi,

So yeah...you know how my guide turned into 2 pages? Well, now it's 3. I added a good chunk to my Hunter section, and it then made the 1st part too long, cutting out in the middle of that section.

So I had to push it to the 2nd part, which then made my last section (Tips, Scenarios) cut off in the middle.

Based on that, I would conclude there's a definite character limit. It sucks, because it would be really nice and convenient if it was all on one page...but I've made it as easy to get from one section to another with appropriate links.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 17, 2015 12:49pm | Report
well maybe there is a limit because you do everything into one chapter (and I'm pretty sure chapters got character limits).

And otherwise how many characters is you guide now already over 9 mil?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 19, 2015 11:11am | Report
I've got 143,000 characters through all 3 parts.

The reason I did in one chapter was based on Karthus Build Guide: Making A Guide. Since it was my first, I modeled it after this, and the functionality of having those quick access tags is awesome.

Reading about other forums that use BBCoding and other forms that have limits (around 65,000). That would make sense, as my total would mean I would need 3 parts. So not sure if that's based on chapters, or just the guide as a whole. For now, looks like the only solution I have is to split it...bummer.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 29, 2015 3:19pm | Report
FYI, confirmed with TormentedTurnip that there is a limit on single chapters, and he experienced the same thing in one of his builds.

I could create a single page out of it by splitting into official chapters, but I find that my quick tags make nagivation between sections really easy, so I'm just going to keep it as is.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 30, 2015 10:41am | Report
yeah I already noticed something like that. that was what I was refering to to make multiple chapters out of it (also usefull for navigation as you can easily navigate to the hunters or the mages etc)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }