Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Does Lifesteal With Bruisers Work?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Does Lifesteal With Bruisers Work? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 30, 2014 8:01pm | Report
It occurred to me that a lot of bruisers have innate healing, and I was wondering if anyone has found any success with lifesteal on bruisers.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 30, 2014 8:09pm | Report
It does work but I find it to be very situational and rarely build it.

For example: both asi and eye of retaliation synergies really well with wukong and his passive but I would only recommend getting 1.

If I was to get life steal as a core item I feel that eye of retaliation fits the warrior/bruiser role the most.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 30, 2014 8:28pm | Report
Also eye works pretty well with odin and herc as they have high survivability and can box really well!
The main down side to building life steal on a bruiser is that you will have to sacrifice 1 of the 3 essential P's for a bruiser, Power/Protections/Penetration

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 30, 2014 8:48pm | Report
Thanks. I guess Asi can count for penetration, sort of.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 30, 2014 9:01pm | Report
Mostly just Asi, for the penetratoin and low-life bonus (since you spam abilities at full health, and won't need lifesteal).

When it comes to it, bruisers are, by almost definition, AD casters. They don't auto attack and have no use for lifesteal. So in general, no. Only asi is really viable, and it's still situational at best.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 30, 2014 9:52pm | Report
I built lifesteal on Chaac occasionally, it seems to work just fine because his basics do a **** ton of damage. Even though he's a caster bruiser usually, a basic attack build on him can work.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 31, 2014 3:58am | Report
It depends on the bruiser as well, on a god like Tyr I would never consider getting lifesteal. Not Hercules either, maybe Asi just for the pen and lifesteal because it is so damned cheap, but I think I would rather go Warrior Tabi+ Deathbringer or something.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=43810580

Prefer to go Warrior Tabi and either Deathbringer or one more defense item over Asi and Ninja Tabi, but it wasn't bad. Probably just needs some games to get used to it.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 31, 2014 5:39am | Report
Personally i think eye of retaliation is the best on tanky bruisers like vamana, odin, tyr, herc and chaac and blood forge or devo being the best on wukong and maybe guan.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DroboBrandegee » February 5, 2014 9:35am | Report
I love to use Asi on Sun Wukong just because it adds attack speed and penetration that Eye of Retaliation doesn't have. However Eye of Retaliation does go a bit better with Wukong's Passive than Asi.

Quesion, in your opinion what is the best lifesteal you could get on a more Damage based Tyr build?? I'd love your ideas

DroboBrandegee

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 6, 2014 6:24am | Report

Quesion, in your opinion what is the best lifesteal you could get on a more Damage based Tyr build?? I'd love your ideas

I would not get lifesteal on Tyr, because the 2 gives so much lifesteal already. Getting penetration, cdr and protections will IMO be a better way to spend your gold :)

But if I had to pick a lifesteal item it would probably be Devourer's Gloves or Asi if you'r not capping the pen limit already.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }