Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A build for Nemesis that balances Offense and Defence?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » A build for Nemesis that balances Offense and Defence? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 26, 2014 10:33am | Report
Maybe I'm building wrong, but it seems like I do damage but if I get stuck or frozen etc then I'm pretty much dead. Is there a build that's good for both? Will give you enough damage to kill at least one person and enough protection to get out.

I know, I know, use her 1 to get out. But like I said, if I'm frozen then I can't and I'm dead. Most builds I see are pure damage. Or perhaps I'm simply playing wrong?

Boots (version depends on if you want the CDR or Pen), Jotunn's Wrath and Sais are the core, right? If I'm up against a strong Mage/Phys, what would be the recommended item for Magical/Physical Defence?

Thanks !

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 26, 2014 11:11am | Report
I've just played Nemesis enough to master her, so this might not be perfect:

Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Qin's Sais, focused voidblade, Bulwark of Hope/idol of concentration/ Hide of the Urchin (depending on what you need) and finish with a Titan's Bane or something :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 26, 2014 12:38pm | Report
Thanks, I'll give it a run. (:

EDIT: What about lifesteal? Is it worth getting?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 26, 2014 1:32pm | Report
If you're getting lifesteal, Watchful, swap out the Jotunn's/Titan's Bane for Asi.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 26, 2014 1:35pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

If you're getting lifesteal, Watchful, swap out the Jotunn's/Titan's Bane for Asi.

Why Asi over Bloodforge?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 26, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Asi is great combined with the Qin's Sais to get more damage =)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » March 18, 2014 3:26pm | Report
I've found great results with the following build [It's by no means flawless, but it seems to work pretty darn well:]
- Warrior Tabi
- Stone of Gaia [Switch for Breastplate of Valor if more Phys Threats] OR Hide of Urchin
- Shifters Shield
- Sais
- Rage
- Deathbringer

My logic:
Tabi - Speed, pen and power. A solid and core item of most builds

Stone of Gaia - The passive is suprisingly good in conjuction with using your 3 on enemy attacks for sustain. It adds a nice amount of magic defense and still helps out against general damage.

OR BP of Valor: High mana [Useful as Nemesis is V mana hungry early on] high defense and 25% CDR, it's a great item for tanking phys damage. The mana and CDR also have other uses too, so it's not limited to just defense.

OR Hide of Urchin: +45 base protections in both phys / mage, with an additional +20 when you get the stacks completed [which you will, you're nemesis.] It's great for dealing with well-balanced teams

Shifters Shield: Gives a low base all-rounded protection boost with a +40 power boost. Above 50% HP this gives an additional 20 power, making it one of the best power items in-game. Below 50% it gives +20 to both phys / mage protections, which is pretty handy in a tough spot. It's a combination of both offense and defense that works really well imo.

Sais - Really great with nemesis. It lets you melt tanks and bruisers as well as anyone else. The attack speed buff and effect synergizes VERY well with her slows, definitely a must have.

Rage - same as Sais

Deathbringer - Same as Sais

Pros:
- Really strong late game. With skill you literally won't die throughout the entire game [I've had lots of matches like this with 10+ kills / 0 deaths.]
- A good mix of defense and offense as well as general utility
- Focusing on defense first reduces your chance of death greatly in the early game
Cons:
- Very weak in the early game due to focus on defense first. Heavily reliant on skills and poking
- It's not foolproof - you'll have to use your own judgement as to which item best suits your situation.

Hope I helped ^^

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 20, 2014 7:13am | Report
@Zanestorm - Thanks ! I shall give that build a try. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 20, 2014 7:24am | Report
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/nemesis-moar-nerfs-2-19-arena-and-3v3-conquest-almost-done-builds-complete-4148

darks nailed this. He's REALLY in depth, just look at this.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 20, 2014 7:41am | Report

Already read and bookmarked a while ago. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }