Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A copy of the game is already running ....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Support » A copy of the game is already running .... 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dyinghonour » June 19, 2015 6:44am | Report
Hello first of all sorry for my bad english :P
So yeah i got a problem with my smite client everytime i click on start its says a copy of this game is already running. Do you want to kill the running game process? I say Yes and nothing happens i click on start again and the same thing happens again i tried to start with administration rights didnt help i tried to update it but i got the newest version i tried the repair option didnt work
I really dont know what i should do please help D:

Dyinghonour

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » June 19, 2015 7:55am | Report
Run your Task Manger and kill the active task.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dyinghonour » June 19, 2015 8:06am | Report
Yeah but there is no active task ! There is just the smite launcher that i can kill

Dyinghonour

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 19, 2015 8:24am | Report
I don;t know if you have task manager on simple format or advanced format. But I asume the simple one as that is the default one.

click on more detail and then search the background processes for smite. If you can;t find it then kill Hi-rez related programms but never kill the HiPatchservice. If you do that it takes some more steps to getting it up again and that just extra time for something that is not a cause (it always runs if you have background patching up i believe)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dyinghonour » June 19, 2015 8:45am | Report
Yeah i searched in the backround processes but i couldnt find anything just the hirez launcher
I already deinstalled and installed it 2 times and i deleted the folders 2 times to its weird that i dont have to update sh*t on my laptop and now when i click start it happens again idk what to do :/

Dyinghonour

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 19, 2015 9:26am | Report
In case something is wrong with your shortcut here's the command line prompt for running smite

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezLauncherUI.exe game=300 product=17

*your directory path may be slightly different depending on version*

Restarting computer, running the troubleshoot, making sure everything is up to date is really all you can do. You can search it on google, check the reddit or ask hirez directly if none of that works.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 19, 2015 11:56am | Report
Me and my friends all started having this happen since the ratatoskr patch, but it lets us play after we kill the running process... It might just be a glitch with the patch.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dyinghonour » June 19, 2015 12:47pm | Report
AH MAN I WANT TO FIND THAT RUNNING PROCESS :/ but there's no fcking process ... i just deleted everything again and deinstalled it im gonna install it again now and im gonna try to find that fckin process ...

Dyinghonour

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dyinghonour » June 19, 2015 12:52pm | Report
Could you please tell me what the running game process is ? I just can find the smite hirez launcher in the task manager and i should kill the smite process right? cannot find that btch

Dyinghonour

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 19, 2015 1:13pm | Report
Try this :

Open the task Manager
Switch over to the Process tab
Try to find any aplications that involves Hi Rez or SMITE.
Close 'em.

If that doesn't work, I'll try to find the vid that allowed me to get the corrupted data files from SMITE to work again
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }