Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

WoW classic and private servers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » WoW classic and private servers 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 8, 2017 2:29am | Report
So Blizzard revealed that they are going to re-release vanilla WoW.

Thoughts?

I myself have played some wow on and off on release of a new expansion (always get talked into trying it out again). I have fun for a few weeks then I get bored and stop playing.

It is never able to get me hooked like I was back in the days of BC and WOTLK.

So I am looking forward to it. At the moment I am playing on a private server with some friends and playing WOTLK just leveling up a mage (lvl 18 now).
And I am having a lot of fun. It really was a fantastic game at some point. But maybe I will stop playing this as well in a few weeks haha.

Will any of you ppl try out WoW classic or some private server?
Did you ever play old-school WoW?
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » November 8, 2017 8:15am | Report
I played WoW mostly in 2007 (started with the trial and free month just before the release of The Burning Crusade, quit playing well before WotLK was released), and I would agree with the notion that I don't think vanilla WoW will get me as hooked as I was back then (it may seem like I didn't play it for a very long time, but still, I did play A LOT during that time :P).

Basically, even though I know the game has been made easier and easier over the years (and is now too easy in many people's opinion), I find it hard to believe that vanilla WoW was so much better / perfect and that all changes since then have been bad. It'll probably still be fun for a lot of players to go back to those days, but I don't expect it to be as good as some people think it will be.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 9, 2017 4:03pm | Report
Oh I forgot to respond to this one...

I'm with Wayne on the feeling. Nostalgic, but games have progressed in a lot of ways since that time, and so I don't think it'll hold people's attention the way it used to, except for some of these specific groups that have dedicated their time running / playing on legacy servers...

https://kotaku.com/after-world-of-warcraft-classics-announcement-the-peop-1820231779

I played WoW in Beta, and spent my time being a Tauren Druid...obviously once the main game was released, I branched out, and ended up continuing to play for 2-3 years, with my main being a Night Elf (I think?) Shadow Priest. I had a ton of fun with it before all the expansions, but as things continued, I drifted off.

Tried coming back a few years later, as I was gifted a free year and my friend told me to start playing with her (she's in a guild with Laura Shigihara)...only played randomly, but even then, it was only fun talking to people...I'd already been into Guild Wars 2 and I find that gameplay style to be far superior.

Just don't have time to dedicate to MMOs these days. If I wasn't married, didn't have kids, was younger, you know...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 10, 2017 12:59am | Report
I am having a lot of fun now. Playing on a wotlk server.
The whole leveling experience is so much more rewarding and fun (although slow as ****!).

The new expansions are all about lategame and the community is stale. Like ppl won't reply to you etc.
So in the new expansions you pretty much have to play with someone you know.

Will you try out WoW classic whrn it is released?
I will probably test it out. Maybe try and really enjoy the story etc. which I never got into. Read all the quests etc.

Btw came over this:
https://youtu.be/d-RYXO65drI

Think he makes a lot of good points. He has a conclusion video as well.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 26, 2017 12:16am | Report
Holy **** WoW got it's hooks in me again!
Havent even opened the Smite client in 2 weeks I would guess..

Send help!

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 16, 2018 7:53am | Report
Haha just remembered that I made this stupid video when I played wow a few moths ago..

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }