Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Official Music Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Official Music Thread 154 posts - page 14 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 29, 2019 10:26pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Not sure this counts as a song but it's sure as hell stuck in my head.
(also, this should go without saying, but don't spoil anything from the show).

Found a nice metal version on spotify XD. Also were you at in the show? Still have to watch the new ep haven't had the time yet

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » April 29, 2019 11:29pm | Report
I posted that after watching episode 3 last night, so I'm all caught up for now.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 8, 2019 9:35am | Report
Gonna leave the artist name Danheim here.

And skald (with a weird Scandinavian A)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 8, 2019 11:38am | Report
now that I'm home I mean this sort of music

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 8, 2019 12:09pm | Report

A wonderful music to listen to when you are playing with your duo :v

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » June 2, 2019 6:49am | Report
Seeing as watching the Eurovision Song Contest (which happened roughly two weeks ago now) is a bit of a family tradition for me but is not as popular in the US, let me just make sure you guys don't miss out on the song of our lord and saviour, Serhat:

The backstory behind this song is that Serhat - a former dentist - was called by his manager and asked to participate for San Marino again this year, the country he had also represented in 2016. However, he didn't have a song yet. After hanging up the phone, he decided to write a song himself, and he wrote the song above in roughly 5 minutes before agreeing to participate. No surprise that this became a bit of a meme entry, which ended up making it past the semifinal* and finishing 19th (out of 26 entries) in the grand final.

*For reference, the Eurovision Song Contest consists of two semifinals where 18 countries compete for a spot in the final. Ten countries advance per semifinal. Those twenty countries then join the "Big Five" (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom, who are pre-qualified) & this year's host nation (Israel) in the final.

Memes aside, this year's winner was Duncan Laurence of the Netherlands with his song called "Arcade":

The song - which according to Duncan is about a lost love and the hope for that love to return - gave the Netherlands their first contest win since 1975 and climbed to number one on the iTunes charts in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Ukraine shortly after winning.

For those interested to hear more, here are a few other songs which ended up finishing in the top 10:

Mahmood's "Soldi" finished 2nd for Italy this year and tells the story of how hard it is to live without a father figure (in Italian, mixed with a few lines of Arabic).

4th place - Luca Hänni's "She Got Me" for Switzerland

8th place - Chingiz' "Truth" for Azerbaijan

Finally, Iceland's "Hatrið mun sigra" (which translates to "Hatred will prevail") by Hatari finished 10th. The message behind the song, according to the band, is the opposite of what the title suggests. To quote the band: "if we forget love, forget to unite, then hatred will prevail". During the reveal of voting results, Hatari sparked a bit of controversy by waving around Palestine flags after the camera focused on them, even though the Eurovision Song Contest is supposed to be a strictly non-political event.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 14, 2019 4:54pm | Report
I'm guessing my musical taste just doesn't align with most people, but one of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins songs is a cover of the Blondie song "Dreaming."

Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » June 15, 2019 5:02am | Report
You want to talk about strange musical tastes, then look no further than my playlist. It as a complete hodgepodge of different genres and artists, perfect for the naming scheme for my guides.

Here are a few examples:

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 15, 2019 11:50am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I'm guessing my musical taste just doesn't align with most people, but one of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins songs is a cover of the Blondie song "Dreaming."

They are a weird band for me. They are one of a hanful of bands that I have songs of theirs I really love just as much as I equally hate other songs of theirs.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » June 15, 2019 12:53pm | Report
Smashing Pumpkins is a hit or miss band for me. I do like a good number of their songs, mostly stuff from my dad's collection of music, but the lead has a bit of an ego and most of the members left after he threw a temper tantrum when the band was losing relevance.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }