Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBA Spotlight : League of Legends

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » MOBA Spotlight : League of Legends 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 16, 2014 2:57am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Hey, i find the video funny.

Like i said, either a "HA!" Moment or a small laugh. If this video made you laugh extremely hard to the point where you needed to catch a breath... Well i don't think i can continue without somehow making it sound insulting...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 16, 2014 3:02am | Report
You lnow what if people want to reply to me they can do it through a pm.

I don't feel like replying to more passive aggressive threads.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 16, 2014 8:42am | Report
see the post on his blog

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 16, 2014 12:22pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This video isn't funny at all. It sounds less like a parody, and more like the video guy literally doesn't understand what he's talking about. Seriously, you could make this video in about an hour. It's lame, with almost no production values. The biggest part is how it doesn't actually show League outside from a few stills, which doesn't help how the video gives the impression of only superficial knowledge of how the game works.

The worst part, however, is that the premise of the post is just plain wrong. You can miss ultimates in both League and Smite, but it's way less likely to happen in Smite.

Do you know what IS funny? Videos that parody League that actually know what they're talking about. Ever heard of the phrase, "it's funny because it's true?" Comedy is supposed to make us laugh at ourselves, not facepalm at the writer.

Alternatively, comedy can be spun to make you laugh at others, which is toxic, and I think was the purpose of the video and the video poster.

It's a joke. It's a joke. It's a joke. It's not SUPPOSED to give ACTUAL reasons as to why not to play League.

Sigh. I love how a joking video poking fun at some criticisms of League gets you shot on this here Smite forum.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » December 16, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Arent jokes mostly funny because there is some truth in it ?

However i don't like the video, mostly because it is bad edited and this Voice just works on MLG videos. But thats just me.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » December 16, 2014 1:54pm | Report
All4Games wrote:
@the slightly pissed off sandwich.

I'm going to start off by saying, don't ever call me that again. Just like you found this video 'not funny,' I found your comment snide and condescending.

Secondly, don't be a downer; if you don't find this video (and assuming it isn't racially or otherwise actually offensive) funny, don't be that guy who thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread and go and say (in a nasally voice), "its actually not funny ->INSERT PETTY REMARK<--."

I would really like to think that on SmiteFire we are above being jerks to each other. Seriously, it isn't imperative that you judge every comment posted on the forums.

@Subzero008

There's something I don't understand about you. Your writing is eloquent and well organized; it flows and for the most part does a great job of informing people of your opinions. Why does it always seem to be negative?

Why can't we all live in peace... as a wise pudding once said. It wouldn't kill anyone to be nice every once and a while.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 16, 2014 2:15pm | Report
Fine i'll call you a different variation on you emotion and bread situation. (I do this to practicly anyone with food related names...
Exept TT... He is TT. And if i run out of variations and you found none of them funny then i'll just go back to angry toast ok?)

Okay annoyed bancuet.

Im starting to find it increasingly annoying that people are implying i have a huge ego... I can tell you a long depressing tale why my ego is not larger then me... Well atleast you didn't say i have a god complex so i'll take it.

I don't judge good, smart or well crafted post, only the bad ones, for which i always state my reasons.

Also the dessert is not wise...

If you want to continue this conversation please send me a pm lik i requested.

I will go into full detail about what i said here.

(Including what i said about the dessert)

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 16, 2014 3:16pm | Report
league of leggings is best game from 18th century. I can say because my dad works at rito. 10/10 would recommend
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 16, 2014 3:48pm | Report
Yeah... I know the joke is all over the internet, but the autistic kid joke made me cringe a little. Maybe it's just my personal experience with autistic people, but I guess each person has their own degree of humor.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 16, 2014 9:53pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Here's a better example of a funny video, that does lightly mock League, but is, you know, actually funny.

Why it works:

Voice doesn't drive ears to suicide.

Subject matter is accurate and not superficial, as we can see by the actual quotes and clips.

Video is aesthetically pleasing, not a constant loop of images and zoom-ins.

At least his bra knows how to support. I literally cried from laughing so hard.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }