Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lol help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Lol help 147 posts - page 1 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 4, 2013 1:32am | Report
So as I just posted a few hours ago, I downloaded League of Legends to see what its about.

So far I only played bot matches to learn the game before I go into pvp, ect.
I basically just played where I had online people on my team but the other team was bots.

Anyways I have a few questions.

#1 - is there god packs on there like smite?
#2 - how do you gain money to buy champions the fastest
#3 - how do you get riot points? I randomly have 400 of them

I need help on items, I don't know what to buy.
I assume armor means physical defense?
I assume magic resist is magic defense.

The problem is how do I know what defense to build if I don't even know what type all the champions are yet?

Here is a photo after a match I just played, I was the volibear, I just need help on the items and if I picked the wrong items or not.

So far I only tried that Kennen or whatever his little ninja *** name is and that bear.
[/img]

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 4, 2013 1:58am | Report
Hello ICEN and welcome to League of Legends.

There are bundles that you can purchase (sadly there is no 1 pack that gives you all champs) these bundles are located in Store (The Chest and Coin icon right below your name)-Bundles.

The fastest way to gain IP is to grind ARAM or Dominion games.

You can buy Riot Points (RP) by visiting Store and clicking Purchase RP.You get 400 RP for free simply as a thank you for playing.

Yes you assumed correctly.For the most part you can fallow the recommended items or by click this link selecting the champ you are about to play and looking up a build.
Fallowing the same link you can look up what enemy champions do and what type of damage they have in order to build vs them.

As for items never build Executioner's Culling or Wriggle's Lantern keep it at Razors if you are jungling if not don't build it in lane.

As for item advise you need different items for different champs and different scenarios , but in general you want to build tanky on Volibear and on Kennen you want to get Sorc shoes Zhonyas Hourglass Rabadon's Deathcap and Abyssal Scepter.

By the way which server are you on?Cuz I could show you the ropes in a live match if I have an account on your server.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 4, 2013 2:00am | Report
1. No God Packs unfortunately. They do go on sale though.
2. Other than flat out buying IP boosts, simply just playing is the best way.
3. Riot points is bought with real money. If you are playing on EU, it might've been the apology gift that they gave out a little while ago. If not, I'm not sure.

When lanes become more enforced, bot is usually AD, Top is usually AD and mid is usually AP. There are without a doubt exceptions though.

You can find out the same way as in Smite, just look at the stats the items provide

Your items... Well... They sucked. Glacial Shroud builds into the Witch Stone of LoL, Frozen Heart, which is a good pickup for tanks against a fed auto attack based carry (see Vayne). Ninja Tabi is a solid pickup. They're armour based boots, but armour is abundant in LoL, so I prefer the magic resist alternative, Mercury Treads. Executioner's calling is for ADCs, and it is rarely bought buy them. Wriggles Lantern is for junglers, and is horribly outclassed by the Spirit items. Chalice is a mana regen item... Designed for mages. I don't see why Chalice can't be bought on a tank, but the item it upgrades into is a Mage item.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 4, 2013 2:03am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Hello ICEN and welcome to League of Legends.

There are bundles that you can purchase (sadly there is no 1 pack that gives you all champs) these bundles are located in Store (The Chest and Coin icon right below your name)-Bundles.

The fastest way to gain IP is to grind ARAM or Dominion games.

You can buy Riot Points (RP) by visiting Store and clicking Purchase RP.You get 400 RP for free simply as a thank you for playing.

Yes you assumed correctly.For the most part you can fallow the recommended items or by click this link selecting the champ you are about to play and looking up a build.
Fallowing the same link you can look up what enemy champions do and what type of damage they have in order to build vs them.

As for items never build Executioner's Culling or Wriggle's Lantern keep it at Razors if you are jungling if not don't build it in lane.

As for item advise you need different items for different champs and different scenarios , but in general you want to build tanky on Volibear and on Kennen you want to get Sorc shoes Zhonyas Hourglass Rabadon's Deathcap and Abyssal Scepter.

By the way which server are you on?Cuz I could show you the ropes in a live match if I have an account on your server.

Get with the meta LevasK :P

Kennen has a weird build path. The most common path is to actually start AD, and then transition into AP late game. I like to start Dorans, get Sorc boots, get a Blade of the ruined king, and then follow LevasK's build
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 4, 2013 2:11am | Report
I don't know where it shows the sever but I assume I'm on NA if thats what you mean.

Oh and one more thing, why the hell do some champions cost MUCH more than other champions?

Do the champions that cost little suck or something?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 4, 2013 2:18am | Report
HiFromBuddha-While Doran Blade start is common noone builds Blade of the ruined king on Kennen.

Well ICEN add LevasK to your friend list and we shall see if you are on NA.

Champ prices usually indicate how new they are.Freshly released champs cost 7.3l IP the 1st week kinda like in Smite later they drop to 6.3k.

And no cheaper doesn't mean weaker in LoL.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 4, 2013 2:49am | Report
I am pro at this game, 13-1 my first pvp match.

I think they just sucked LOL, I picked that wanna be Vulcan troll
[/img]

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 4, 2013 4:11am | Report
Gj ICEN, but I already expect that (to the fact that SMITE and LoL has almost the same base but smite harder but LoL has more compexity now (older))

@Levask : I believe that BOTRD is common on kennen

@icen : add me, I made an account on NA (no asia server I believe) IGN : razemage
Let's play sometimes :D (how about 2 days from now?)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 4, 2013 4:32am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I am pro at this game, 13-1 my first pvp match.

I think they just sucked LOL, I picked that wanna be Vulcan troll
[/img]

Well, really, Vulcan is the wanna be Heimer.

It's funny, because Heimer is considered horribly underpowered. I suppose he does abuse stupid/inexperienced players though.

Also, don't be cocky like you were in the after match lobby...
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 4, 2013 5:23am | Report
:D

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }