Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is the "Knockout Game" World Wide?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Is the "Knockout Game" World Wide? 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 3:46am | Report
Inb4 video games get the blame.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 4:05am | Report
Thiel wrote:

This is not really a thing in either America or Europe.

It just happened a few times by some disconnected urban kids and the media picked up on it, they saw a potential "blow-up" and made it far more bigger than it is, all for the views.

Sure, people play this game but people have been involved with meaningless violence for absolutely ever. It's just that the media gave this specific act a name, and people think it's a ever-growing hype that people are into.

It's not - it's just an act of meaningless violence blown out of proportion by the media.

(if anything, the media succesfully gave it life and have more people do it because of it. But I stand by my case that it's just silly nonesense and not really a "thing that is happening everywhere")

EDIT:
Sources:
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/11/26/weve-sucker-punched-knockout-game-myth/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davey-d/knockout-game-media_b_4344158.html
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/25/2990411/knockout-game-media/

ps: i'm usually fun at parties :<

This. +1 rep for doing your homework. Also for shutting down ICEN's point, if he could understand.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » November 28, 2013 6:04am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Inb4 video games get the blame.

Your right, they're probably gonna blame GTAV or Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids for Nintendo DS or some **** like that.

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 28, 2013 7:15am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This. +1 rep for doing your homework. Also for shutting down ICEN's point, if he could understand.

The thing is, he didn't really. Sure, the media has played it bigger than it is. But at the same time, the media turned it into something larger.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 28, 2013 7:58am | Report
LOL He thinks the game is a myth okay there buddy! I guess its just a myth when you literally have the idiots playing in on video saying they play it as a game and nothing more just because they are bored and dare each other to do it.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 8:03am | Report
ICEN wrote:

LOL He thinks the game is a myth okay there buddy! I guess its just a myth when you literally have the idiots playing in on video saying they play it as a game and nothing more just because they are bored and dare each other to do it.

I give up. ICEN's blathering is like water from a dam; it's utterly unstoppable. Little things like logic or sanity mean nothing.

Who needs logic when you can get through life by smashing your face on everything? Head trauma would explain his lack of reasoning...

Also, if these people are willing to potentially murder another person for amusement, they wouldn't wait for a over-hyped 'game' to show up to start their hedonism. It's like blaming the kitchen when a nutter kills the customers with a cleaver. It doesn't matter if it's a cleaver, because it could just as easily have been a blowtorch, or a fish knife.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 28, 2013 8:23am | Report
Fact is kids do things to fit in and be cool. If it weren't cool, they wouldn't do it. In my opinion, it's certainly the kids' fault rather than the media's, but the fact that it's getting coverage only fuels more dumb-*** kids to do this.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 28, 2013 8:23am | Report
Blowtorch, ouch...
I wonder if the media is showing the old lady shooting them for playing. I hope so, that way it can actually do something useful...
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }