Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is the "Knockout Game" World Wide?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Is the "Knockout Game" World Wide? 28 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 4:48am | Report
You know what is sad, whenever someone trys to K.O and old lady and fails :)
I bet they never play the game again!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 27, 2013 5:06am | Report
This is not really a thing in either America or Europe.

It just happened a few times by some disconnected urban kids and the media picked up on it, they saw a potential "blow-up" and made it far more bigger than it is, all for the views.

Sure, people play this game but people have been involved with meaningless violence for absolutely ever. It's just that the media gave this specific act a name, and people think it's a ever-growing hype that people are into.

It's not - it's just an act of meaningless violence blown out of proportion by the media.

(if anything, the media succesfully gave it life and have more people do it because of it. But I stand by my case that it's just silly nonesense and not really a "thing that is happening everywhere")

EDIT:
Sources:
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/11/26/weve-sucker-punched-knockout-game-myth/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davey-d/knockout-game-media_b_4344158.html
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/25/2990411/knockout-game-media/

ps: i'm usually fun at parties :<
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » November 27, 2013 6:51am | Report
I live in America and this is the first I have heard of this. Maybe it's because we love our grandmas in Texas.

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 8:48am | Report
alphacar wrote:

I live in America and this is the first I have heard of this. Maybe it's because we love our grandmas in Texas.
They will be coming to Texas soon don't worry, they already started to invade where I'm at. New York is 6 hours from me and its happening there. It has happened once in PA (where I'm from) the video is on youtube of a teacher who gets knocked out.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 27, 2013 8:58am | Report
I'm glad I live in a relatively small town where stupid ****s don't exist.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 27, 2013 8:59am | Report
This didn't hit Brazil yet. Good thing.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 9:32am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

This didn't hit Brazil yet. Good thing.
I will put those kids on a ship and ship them to brazil!
I bet thats how crime spreads... they ship it to countries!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 9:37am | Report
Thiel wrote:

This is not really a thing in either America or Europe.

It just happened a few times by some disconnected urban kids and the media picked up on it, they saw a potential "blow-up" and made it far more bigger than it is, all for the views.

Sure, people play this game but people have been involved with meaningless violence for absolutely ever. It's just that the media gave this specific act a name, and people think it's a ever-growing hype that people are into.

It's not - it's just an act of meaningless violence blown out of proportion by the media.

(if anything, the media succesfully gave it life and have more people do it because of it. But I stand by my case that it's just silly nonesense and not really a "thing that is happening everywhere")No but the difference is its an actual game people are playing.

EDIT:
Sources:
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/11/26/weve-sucker-punched-knockout-game-myth/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davey-d/knockout-game-media_b_4344158.html
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/25/2990411/knockout-game-media/

ps: i'm usually fun at parties :<
Sure people have punched people before just to do it but its kind of different when someone actually starts doing it as a "game" because then people will want to play the "game" and since the media shows it, it makes others think about playing the game until it spreads into more people who wouldn't normally play it start doing it because instead of it looking bad its looking like a game.

Basically I'm saying when you put the label "game" on a crime people even in school will start to label it as a GAME TO PLAY and not look at it as a crime because "everyone else is doing it"

and its not a myth its a real game?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 27, 2013 4:50pm | Report
I've heard of it, and it warms the ****les of my heart to see the cowardly a-holes get whats coming to them.
And its hardly the first time media has blown something out of proportion, and it actually grew out of proportion. Ever since the Trayvon Martin case I've lost any and all respect for news media.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 3:40am | Report
I wont be surprised that... It's the media that instilled the idea to those kids! :O
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }