Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hellow everyone

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Hellow everyone 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 28, 2015 3:38pm | Report

Oh wow I remember that argument now :O!
I guess you could say it's because there are different people here now?
Or people change opinion, idk... :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 28, 2015 6:41pm | Report
More like people are idiots in general.

This isn't something new - the guy mentions the problems weren't exclusive to season 2, but also back in S1, back where I used to loudly rant about how the game had terrible problems.

Basically, I was unpopular, so people really were just looking for an excuse to take a verbal dump on me, and me making controversial statements was it.

This guy has the opposite problem - he's a pro player, so people are more likely to accept his opinion.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 28, 2015 9:05pm | Report
@Sub, it's less that he's a pro player and that you were unpopular and more the way that you presented your arguments. The tone with which he stated the problems was one of someone who accepts that these are problems with Smite, but still loves the game despite them and is searching to help fix them. In general, he included a lot more praise of what Smite had done well and helped people who enjoyed the game get behind his arguments.

The tone with which you stated the problems was more blunt, with a lot of conviction and frustration with HiRez and the game in general. That combined with saying things along the lines of 'smite sucks, you should play LoL instead' generated a lot of hate coming your way, and stopped people that may have listened to your arguments more from doing so.

Personally when I first encountered you I just saw someone with a lot of pent up frustration with the game, generally not a trait that I want to side with. However, after reading some of your points I had to concede that you did make strong arguments. I was able to eventually get past your cynicism to see your views unbiased (for the most part), but this is because I'm generally a very level-headed person (ask Prism, Stuke, Ducksrock, etc, it's very rare that I let my emotions rule my actions).

TLDR: the way you presented a lot of your thoughts stopped others that would normally agree with your ideas from doing so, not because you're not a pro player, but because of social tact.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 28, 2015 9:17pm | Report
At the risk of sounding antisocial (which I totally am) I think that's kind of ********.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 28, 2015 9:45pm | Report
*shrug* I'm just relaying my personal take on what happened, make of it what you will. I wasn't even there for most of S1.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 28, 2015 10:10pm | Report
Er, no, I don't mean your theory is ********. In fact, I think it's quite acute.

It's not the theory that's ********, but the ideas your theory presented, which I believe to be correct.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 28, 2015 10:37pm | Report
Ah. Well yes I can agree that they are indeed in some ways equivalent to bovine feces.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 29, 2015 2:24pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Yeah I've seen everything, it's taken quite a bit getting used to (ask Greenevers, he knows how bad I am lol)

What do you mean with the first part :P? I hope you don't mean me :3
And no, like Devampi said, I haven't played any other MOBA's other than Smite, the top down view still doesn't really appeal to me :/

lol you being bad a well let's call it rusty shall we. I wonder how rusty I will be if I decide to pick up smite again (I'm pretty glued to dota as you may have noticed as I love the freedom of no strict meta (there is one of 3 cores 2 supports but not the you need a jungler etc you can even roll a duo lane mid) and now with the ti started I will be glued to watching it (for some reason I can't watch the smite SWC but I can watch the TI and in certain aspects the LoLWC)). Also I'm actually tempted to try to get you to do a game of Dota XD

Also zilby I don't know how I have seen sub when I first came here only thing I can say is I got used to the way he writes his stuff.

Also on my arguing I sometimes put the emotion of frustration out because I hate repeating myself in an argument (this happens a lot when you argue with someone as ignorant as ICEN). Still if I write stuff I sometimes take a good time to do it because I do my research (especially if I want statistics or proof etc)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 1, 2015 1:49am | Report
Zilby wrote:

* Bellona - Solo, Jungle, Support, Mid, ADC, Fire Giant, Titan, Jungle Camp Monster... She can play everything **** this god.

Also if you're unsure about any item changes I made a huge item guide that should be up to date on the current meta if you want to check it out. (also if you want to catch a game my IGN is still Zilby)

Oh oops I just saw this post. Thanks for the link :)!
I'll add you in game once my internet is fixed, I don't wanna ruin someones game with my bad internet :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 1, 2015 11:30am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I don't wanna ruin someones game with my bad internet :P

Normally you don't ruin someone else fun as much as your own fun.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }