Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gigantic Discussion (Upcoming MOBA)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Gigantic Discussion (Upcoming MOBA) 50 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 16, 2014 10:26am | Report
You know, there was a moba that tried this before and failed, mostly because every character had like 10 abilities, but yeah this looks awesome :D

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » August 16, 2014 10:37am | Report
I feel the same way so i won't expect match, i hope i don't get my jaw droped when i play this.
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 16, 2014 11:04am | Report

You know, there was a moba that tried this before and failed, mostly because every character had like 10 abilities, but yeah this looks awesome :D

What do you mean by "tried this"? Also all the characters in gigantic have 4 skills each. Left click or the "skill' to the left end is just there basic attacks.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 16, 2014 11:31am | Report
The "Third person with platforming" Thing. It's been done, just the thing that did it was over-complicated and a bit silly. also the matchmaking is kinda borked.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 16, 2014 12:04pm | Report
damn it. Now there's another game I want to start playing! I tried to stay away but my curiosity got the better of me. Like someone else said it also kind of reminds me of Monday Night Combat in the verticality and playstyle.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by honneyStewEww » August 24, 2014 6:14am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

For those of you who have no idea what this is about, click here for the teaser site.

So earlier last month, I heard about this very promising MOBA that seems to be incorporating a similar 3rd-person perspective to SMITE, but with more of an animated style. The screenshots and character designs reminded me a lot of Samurai Jack, a cartoon I've always enjoyed a lot for its stylization. Long story short, I'm already getting very good first impressions from this upcoming title.

It seems other users here have also heard of this game, and I've even seen people suggesting to Mowen to expand the MOBAfire network to include Gigantic once it starts going into beta. I think it would be a good idea to relegate all Gigantic-related discussion to it's own thread for the time being for hype building, expectations, etc.

So why not kick off this discussion with some thoughts on the currently-known characters? Tripp is looking to be my favorite so far, though the bestial hunter Voden looks pretty awesome too.

Too many MOBAs...
...honestly. Its simply too much. I can imagine that any of those new one will be successful. (Except HotS, since it is from Blizz) The market is simply full now. LoL will survive, DotA, Smite probably and HotS, the others will ether never be really successful or die.

honneyStewEww

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 24, 2014 11:42am | Report

Too many MOBAs...
...honestly. Its simply too much. I can imagine that any of those new one will be successful. (Except HotS, since it is from Blizz) The market is simply full now. LoL will survive, DotA, Smite probably and HotS, the others will ether never be really successful or die.

well a lot of them survive. LoL and DotA 2 will be for sure. still smite I won't be too sure about it. is gigantic knows how to make it's game balanced. high chance is that smite will die. even the other moba's dont die why because friends ask friends to join those join maybe liek the game and keep playing it and inviting friends.

gigantic will go this way and when it's better made and balanced etc then smite smite will have a big competitor. if smite doesn't fix things fast then they got problems big problems.

EDIT: also there are a lot of mobas you don't even know it are mobas see this list from MMObomb

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » August 24, 2014 10:23pm | Report
Smite won't survive. Even their most dedicated fans are starting to quit (formerly dedicated anyway). It's going to go CoD. Get ****, attract nothing but *******s, survive off of their binge money for a little while, then get so bad even they won't play it.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » August 24, 2014 11:24pm | Report

Smite won't survive. Even their most dedicated fans are starting to quit (formerly dedicated anyway). It's going to go CoD. Get ****, attract nothing but *******s, survive off of their binge money for a little while, then get so bad even they won't play it.

I have a ton of posts over here and I never play Smite anymore. I don't see Smite dying in the near future but I don't see it staying around as a top rated MobaGame it's getting outclassed by other Moba style games Hard

Why play Smite when you have League of Legends, Dota2, HotS, DawnGate, Infinity Crisis, ETC

Also Gigantic may just end up like WildStar everyone got really excited before it came out, but hardly anyone plays it now. I do enjoy WildStar and it's on my play list once I decide to buy a subscription for it again. I do miss WildStarFire though :(

but lets have high hopes for Gigantic but not Gigantic sized hope for it.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » August 25, 2014 10:58am | Report
Why are we focusing on MOBA?
Since when has following a single genre ever created a breakthrough for game dev's?

The first time a MOBA was created it was a MASSIVE hit, why don't the other guys look for the next best thing?
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }