Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gigantic Discussion (Upcoming MOBA)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Gigantic Discussion (Upcoming MOBA) 50 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 25, 2014 11:26am | Report
we arent interested in this because we are hipsters fatal.

we are interested because we want a fun game and this game loos fun, that's how simple it is.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 25, 2014 12:33pm | Report

Why play Smite when you have League of Legends, Dota2, HotS, DawnGate, Infinity Crisis, ETC

Because these are all top down pov and clicky clicky. I prefer the 3rd person view and skill shot basis. Which is why Gigantic actually looks good to me. And Smite has kinda yet to be outclassed as a third person complete skillshot (other than that damn new wa) based moba since it sorta has that on lockdown until Gigantic comes out.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 25, 2014 1:08pm | Report
skill shot basis? not anymore! now for YOU! dear customer we have!...

NEW WA! now with a 100% more auto lock on!

either way even before that the advertisement of everything is a skill shot was pretty iffy since you had ults like zhong and neith and xbal.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 25, 2014 1:25pm | Report

Because these are all top down pov and clicky clicky. I prefer the 3rd person view and skill shot basis. Which is why Gigantic actually looks good to me. And Smite has kinda yet to be outclassed as a third person complete skillshot (other than that damn new wa) based moba since it sorta has that on lockdown until Gigantic comes out.

Smite has skillshots ahahahahahahha

Okay, it does have some skillshots, but every viable god has the CC to make the "skill" part completely irrelevant. Smite takes very little skill to play.

Gigantic is going to be way more skillshotty thanks to the new dimension of movement added.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 25, 2014 1:46pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Okay, it does have some skillshots, but every viable god has the CC to make the "skill" part completely irrelevant. Smite takes very little skill to play.

Gigantic is going to be way more skillshotty thanks to the new dimension of movement added.

Dude seriously can you stop being so negative over smite skillshots?

I play smite because I like those skillshots. Most people who play smite (if not all) actively play it because of that. So please, speak for yourself.
And before I get a sub-rant over me saying that skillshots are blablabla I'll just say: It's my opinion.

We get it now sub, you don't like the skillshots in smite, but I and a lot of other people do and i find it rather irritating that you keep being so negative.

And btw: I'm also gonna play Gigantic, don't worry.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 25, 2014 2:36pm | Report

Why are we focusing on MOBA?
Since when has following a single genre ever created a breakthrough for game dev's?

The first time a MOBA was created it was a MASSIVE hit, why don't the other guys look for the next best thing?

Because it is a thread about a moba on a moba site... Btw following a single genre has brought some breakthroughs. IMO Smite improved on the basis for mobas by going third person and Gigantic might be taking that a step further by introducing verticality and other such factors. COD and Halo improved the FPS genre (and then they stagnated).

Also can you think of a amazing idea that you hope would sell, put millions of dollars behind it, ACUALLY MAKE the game, and manage to sell it and make a profit. <--- Thats a lot of things to do. Would you be willing to risk your job on some obscure idea that is likely to do bad (also good luck coming up with this amazing ORIGINAL idea)? Personally I'd keep my *** making RPG's because those have a great life span and are a relatively safe genre. I understand where you're coming from and all but it's unlikely this next big thing will come out so soon (or gain popularity) after the MOBA spree (especially if you're wanting it from some unknown underfunded dev which is where most of the innovaters often are). What those Warcraft modders did was lucky and fantastic (and LoL who soon went on to try and improve the genre).

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 25, 2014 3:06pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

skill shot basis? not anymore! now for YOU! dear customer we have!...

NEW WA! now with a 100% more auto lock on!

either way even before that the advertisement of everything is a skill shot was pretty iffy since you had ults like zhong and neith and xbal.

You can't really count xbal's ult since it is so trash... I mean there are so few scenarios where it is handy. I mentioned that damnable new wa. Concerning the other two I will concede that those are not skill shots BUT I never meant to imply that everything was a skillshot (If I did then oops). I simply meant that it took more aim than simply clicking that's all.

Subzero008 wrote:

Smite requires as much skill as your opponent has (unless you're that ***** new wa... but still even then a skilled player would destroy a decent new wa). I've seen many people do this magic thing called not get cc'd also so yeah there's that (whether it be by using aegis, using beads, having magi's blessing, dodging the cc ability [like an anubis wrap or some cc similar to that], or even causing them to waste their cc and then engaging in GODLY COMBAT!) I see your point and all but it's not necessarily correct.

I did say Smite has the third person moba skill whats-a-ma-jig play **** down UNTIL Gigantic comes out. So yeah there's that.

Oh yeah also all the above is my opinion so I no longer give two (or even half) a **** about anyone else's opinion on my opinion... (I mean if we were to debate or argue over opinions we could easily be here until the I or whoever else dies) Unless they reveal something about Gigantic that I don't know because I want to play the ever-loving **** out of that and I want to know more about it.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 25, 2014 6:12pm | Report
Yeah, while Gigantic does look cool, and I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out, I feel some of you guys are giving the game way too much credit for things we don't even know yet. I mean, if someone was to look at some of Smite's trailers and such, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to pick out the flaws Smite really has just solely based on those videos.

Again, Gigantic looks good, but I think it's too early to label it an amazing game. For me, I'm going to wait until I actually play the game before I give it a final stamp of godliness (no pun intended).
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 25, 2014 7:10pm | Report
How about THIS?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 26, 2014 12:58am | Report
mmm de game looks really intresting following not the standard moba thing of lanes with towers.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }