Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Deathtrap: A Forum RP Game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Deathtrap: A Forum RP Game 30 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 7:01pm | Report
Welcome to Deathtrap, an experimental role play game adapted for the forum.

The goal is simple: Survive, at all costs! Avoid the suspicion of the insane Friend Computer as you try to make it out of the Deathtrap! (Coincidentally, surviving involves completing the mission.)

The Friend Computer is a hyperintelligent, invincible, ruthless, crazy and dumb-as-rocks AI in control of every aspect of the player's lives. Any actions against the Friend Computer, such as treason, murder, or breathing too loudly are punished with immediate disintegration.

Rules:
  1. The objective is to complete the mission alive.

2. At the beginning of each round, you are assigned a mission, which you must accomplish under the threat of disintegration.

3. The Friend Computer (Me) is to punish any blatantly illegal actions with immediate disintegration.

4. Everyone has six lives and a class.

5. You are allowed to attack each other. In fact, you can do nearly everything, as long as it's possible.

6. Happiness is mandatory.

7. Feel free to make alliances, or to stab someone in the back!

There are three classes, which are randomly assigned:
  1. The Fighter. Diplomacy: The fighter can automatically win a physical engagement once per life. You spawn with a grenade.

2. The Hacker. l33t Hacking skills: The hackers can temporarily confuse the Friend Computer, to either change the target of Friend Computer's disintegration ray or to bypass a computerized trap, only once per life. You spawn with an Omnitool, basically everything from a screwdriver to an EMP knife to a lug wrench in one.

3. The Spy. Backstab: The spy can kill another player (send to me via PM) only once per life, and a player will die, without alerting other players or the Friend Computer. You spawn with a knife.

In addition, every player is randomly assigned a special ability, which they use as they see fit, but this is unknown to other players until you use them. These abilities can range from useful to useless, from having minor telekinesis to a permanent runny nose.
  • Machine Empathy: You can convince the Friend Computer to forgive you, only once.

• Lucky: You spawn with an extra life.

• Polymorph: You can turn back and forth into ONE specific animal.

• Communist: You are a dirty communist.

• Acid Spit: You can spit painful acid.

• Yellow Clearance: You are of a higher security level than your fellow Red peons.

• Robot: You are actually a robot, and do robot things.

• Traitor: You can win the game by killing everyone else off.

To sign up, please quote this post and say you would like to join. I would also like a moderator who lives in a different time zone, who would help with this game. (Anything but PST)

Peons Signed Up People:
TormentedTurnip
Kyomaku (Mod)
NinjaTrigger
MadDanny
Pentargonite

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 29, 2014 7:05pm | Report
y u no use my grammar edits

Sign-up Requirement

I daresay I would indubitably be quite entertained should I be allowed to participate in such an interesting game.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kyomaku » March 29, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

Didn't read and didn't understand the rules, also I won't have time to play this. Sign me up. By the way, if there won't be anyone else willing to help you moderate, I would be willing to help you moderate it.

Kyomaku

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » March 29, 2014 7:13pm | Report
I would love to play or I can help mod if need be, I will PM you my time zone :)
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 7:13pm | Report
TormentedTurnip and Kyomaku, welcome to Deathtrap! Always remember, the Friend Computer is always your friend.

Edit: Ninja Trigger too!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 7:21pm | Report
Example of Play:

FC: As soon as you enter the building into a hall, a turret mounted on the ceiling begins shooting at you. You duck under a desk for cover. The turret seems to have unlimited ammunition. There is a doorway on the far side of the hall. What do you do?

Fighter: I grab Player1 and use him as a human shield against the turret.

*player 1 respawns*

Player1: Friend computer, the Fighter killed me. That is against the rules and the Fighter is a Communist Traitor.

Fighter: No, Player1 merely generously volunteered to block the turret's shots while the rest of us went through. Player1 accusing me of using him shows rebellion against the progress of the mission, and therefore against the Friend Computer. He is clearly a Communist traitor.

PC: *disintegrates Player 1*

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 29, 2014 7:41pm | Report
That example decides it. This game is gonna be ballin'. Ya'll niggas gon' get betrayed.

Hm...deja vu...that's right! I said that before my flawless victory in the Worgen game.

awwww snaaap

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 7:44pm | Report
Mission Briefing:

Greetings, citizens. This is your Friend Computer.

You are to infiltrate the enemy communist base in the Alpha Complex. They have a black CD, contents unknown, that must be retrieved at all costs.

You will be given one armored truck and 500 Styrofoam cups for this mission. You will brief with a BLUE agent outside the target location.

Our R&D department has generously decided to donate their experimental nuclear hand grenades toward the completion of this mission, one for each. Acceptance is mandatory.

You will be accompanied by one medical chimpanzee. He is well-trained with his medical chainsaw and prepared to euthanize if necessary.

The mission will begin in 20 hours.

Have a nice day!

Edit: I decided to wait until tomorrow to start, to set things up and all.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 29, 2014 7:49pm | Report
How many people are you planning on having? I'm sure less are needed than the Worgen game, but I think we need more than this to start.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 7:51pm | Report
You're right, we do need a bit more. 4 or more players is a good number.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }