Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter dat pokemon strategy.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Counter dat pokemon strategy. 62 posts - page 4 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 14, 2014 3:38am | Report
DRAGONCLAW! I ment dragonclaw. My brain was stuck on the elemental punches.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 14, 2014 4:07am | Report
Wow, what a typeist, you forgot there's Mega Punch :(
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 14, 2014 4:57am | Report
I said elemental punches not punch that is worse in every way compared to return.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 15, 2014 10:52pm | Report
How about this Strat?

Jolteon with Scarf spams Discharge.

Pokemon with Lightningrod or Motor Drive starts kicking ***.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 16, 2014 12:42am | Report
Lighting rod absorbs all electric attacks even friendly. So you would't get that effective with buffing. One or 2 maybe? 3 atmost untill the enemy notices your strat and boom ko jolteon.

I would recommand something tanky to buff but this strat is out shined by safeguard swagger/teater dance.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 29, 2014 4:39am | Report
since i ended switching mega-lucario for mega-mawile i would like so see if you can recritisize my team

Spoiler: Click to view

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 29, 2014 5:22pm | Report
(Lightningrod doesn't stop spread electric moves. So spam Discharge, and either an increasingly stronger Zebstrika sweeps the slower bulkier enemy team, or a stupidly fast Electrivire sweeps a faster, squishier enemy team.)

I can see a Taunt Aerodactyl stopping most of your team. Rock Slide Thunderus and Dragonite for flinch hax, Taunt Mawile and/or Thundurus, make Typlosion nearly useless after tanking a not-very-effective Eruption. That's a lot of your team stopped by only one pokemon.

Basically, a EdgeQuake user, whether its Garchomp, Steelix, or Mega Aerodactyl, can ruin your day. And the SlideQuake combo is even more common in doubles, where spread moves are abused to a ridiculous degree. (Users: Garchomp (Yes, weak to ice but Greninja still has counters, especially FAKE OUT, Steelix, TYRANITAR (Who unfortunately survives a super effective unboosted Play Rough), Excadrill (especially nasty since it'll outspeed Greninja AND Typlosion and possibly survive an Ice Beam in a sandstorm, Terrakion, and maybe Guts Conkeldurr, who can wreck most of your team and laughs at Mawile's Sucker Punch, and yes, he does survive an unboosted Play Rough.)

Proper setup is no guarantee to victory, either. Garchomp survives a +2 Sucker Punch with no defensive investment and can OHKO with Earthquake, Ferrothorn resists all but one of your entire team and can setup on Mawile and oneshot some of your team with Gyro Ball.

The rest of your team also has a few counters, like Mega Lucario, who is resistant to Dragonite's STABs as well as Extremespeed, laughs at Mawile's +2 Sucker Punch (or bypass it entirely by using another priority move), and can neuter Typlosion with a Adaptability-Boosted Bullet Punch or Extremespeed before he can use Explosion, and depending on the kit, can either have Crunch to deal with Dusclops or Stone Edge to deal with Thundurus/Dragonite.

The good news is, is that your team does have a few things to counter it's weaknesses. Greninja for most ground types with Ice Beam, and can ease setup with Mat Block and protect Mawile from the slower sweepers. Typlosion can kill off the steel types that can tank your team...with the exception of Lucario and Excadrill.

Your team is pretty improved.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » May 29, 2014 6:30pm | Report
Anyone mind if I post some CAP stuff here? I want to do some Volkraken (the newest one) theory crafting ;p
EDIT: F it here it is:

Volkraken @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 200 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 52 Def
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 140 HP / 240 Def / 12 SAtk / 16 SDef / 100 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 100 Atk / 200 Def / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 232 HP / 200 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 230 Def / 252 HP / 26 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Protect

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 29, 2014 7:51pm | Report
@All4: Even though I usually lose against you, I can see some counters. A speed-focused, special atk maxed froslass can snipe literally half your team. Two of them don't have anything reliable to defend them from this fantastic phantom. A fast flincher can easily shut down your Mawile/Greninja combo. The most troublesome Pokemon in this team is Greninja, imo. He's the one that allows you to build up your powerful Mawile. It is also ridiculously fast and causes some trouble even against Fake Out

@Zane: I haven't played Volkraken, so I can't judge :P
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 29, 2014 7:51pm | Report
@All4: Even though I usually lose against you, I can see some counters. A speed-focused, special atk maxed froslass can snipe literally half your team. Two of them don't have anything reliable to defend them from this fantastic phantom. A fast flincher can easily shut down your Mawile/Greninja combo. The most troublesome Pokemon in this team is Greninja, imo. He's the one that allows you to build up your powerful Mawile. It is also ridiculously fast and causes some trouble even against Fake Out

@Swampmist: I haven't played Volkraken, so I can't judge :P

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }