Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter dat pokemon strategy.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Counter dat pokemon strategy. 62 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 12, 2014 1:45pm | Report
I agree with sub. While your team is solid the fact that you don't have any thing that can be a turbo wall hurts you a lot as well as the fact of not being able to deal with electrick types that well. The only thing that you have that comes closes is wash tom but you need something more reliable to knock them out. I recommand a bulky ground type or you starting to run some ground type moves like earth power.

In my opinion the weakest links in your team are either washtom or gallade.

You run washtom to take care of big threads for m-mawile but by running him so frail. A bulky ground type would be able to take out most of mega mawiles main threats likely being megazards or talon flames.

Your biggest threads of all is megazardX which you a bulky ground type can get enough covarage and damage for.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » May 12, 2014 7:13pm | Report
Tyranitar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SDef
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Thunder Punch

I started this team with the single-minded want to use an unconventional-but-effective assault vest user, so I decided on TTar here. With his already crazy sp.defence from sand coupled with the assault vest, he is a force to be reckoned with. The only problem I foresaw was with keeping him alive, and so I created...

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 232 HP / 212 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

My cleric and one of the best tanks in OU, umbreon does everything you want out of a physically-biased mixed-wall in the 6th gen meta: Can take a special hit well enough to not worry about getting killed by the few hard special attackers, has physical defense for DAAAAAAAYS, and has access to something that many walls in OU covet: STAB Foul Play. Only a few things I might change, and honestly I'm considering going with a vaporeon or something. Open to ideas.

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

I needed damage, speed, and a mega. So who you gonna call? GHOS... er.... MEGA PINSEEER! Yeah, that was bad, but M-pinser is quite good in today's meta. He tends to do the least work out of my sweepers, but I'll be damned if he can't clean up the post game as well as a +2 luke, especially after a moxie boost. Also it's great for killing sash-hazards leads like mamo, so it can work as a lead.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 20 Atk / 240 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

At this point in the team creation, I began to look at what my team really needed, and my defensive core was both dark types. Woops. well, what beats fighting types? Landorous. With M-Pinser covering fairies and offensively pressuring the big fighting types in the tier, I needed all of a pivot, a SR user and a physical tank who could beta fighting types and M-Mawile. Landorus Always serves me well and counters many of the big threats in the tier, especially with knock-off + U-turn giving me so much pivoting potential. One of my Possible leads as well, specifically for set up. With it's mixed scarfiness, it tends to act as my lead, although more as an anti-lead as such.

Infernape (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 158 Atk / 158 SAtk / 192 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- ThunderPunch
- Poison Jab

I needed something Fast, Mixed and ready to F anyone. So why not a physically biased Infernape? Grant you, I could have gone fully special and been better off, but this infernape is much better against the blobs and can deal great damage to most of the other walls that could stop M-Pinser from sweeping. Part of my Wall-breaker core,
Infernape pairs well with...

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Mr. Jolteon. Most people haven't seen jolteon much since 4th and maybe 5th gen, so even with it's tiny movepool it's still an amazing counter to most things. He's super fast with Timid, and the specs makes him hit like a magical truck. Also, with VS, he completes my VoltTurn core, both of which have electric immunity for sillyness when protecting M-Pinser.

Not going to explicate at the mo' because I have school in the morning, but it seems to serve me well is showdown singles OU.

Edit: Basic Descriptions in.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 12, 2014 7:43pm | Report
I wish I knew if it were doubles or singles. I'm guessing Singles from how specialized TTar/Jolteon's defenses are.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 12, 2014 8:04pm | Report
Gonna post my Uber team since I just made it:

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Blaze Kick
- Bulk Up

Well, this is the ****** blaziken speed boost combo. Usually set this kid up first and if I don't think they have a super effective at the first turn, I use Bulk Up then protect then baton. If they do, I go for protect, baton or just switch out. I usually give it to Kyogre for the Defense and Speed, Garchomp for the attack mainly while being my only other physical sweeper, and Mewtwo for the speed w/ electro ball.

Kyogre @ Splash Plate
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Water Spout
- Thunder

If I get kyogre with all the speed from Blaziken, I can wreck with Water Spout with that 150 Damage+Splash Plate increasing it. I keep Kyogre as my special sweeper to counter most types.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
- Psystrike
- Electro Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast

My second special sweeper that has a wide variety of moves to counter different pokemon. The nice combo of blazken giving his speed from speed boost and baton pass will give Electro Ball insane damage, sweeping the enemy team.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Rash Nature
- Clear Smog
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

The mega pokemon in here, Clear Smog is a lifesaver if the enemy team has a gajillion stats or another ***gy blaziken combo. If they're too fast and have a super effective, i can go with blaziken first, use protect, baton pass to gengar. Third special sweeper.

Darkrai @ Dread Plate
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Dream Eater
- Nasty Plot

Fourth special sweeper, this guy is mainly here for the dark void+dream eater or dark void+nasty plot combo. Sometimes I would get Gardevoir for a hypnosis+dream eater combo but this is ubers and dark void has a better accuracy.

Garchomp @ Draco Plate
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm
- Hone Claws

My second physical sweeper with insane speed for a dragon type, especially with blazikens stats. Hone claws help a bunch and sandstorm helps Garchomp's ability for extra evasion.

Any thoughts?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » May 12, 2014 8:17pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I wish I knew if it were doubles or singles. I'm guessing Singles from how specialized TTar/Jolteon's defenses are.

I said singles in the bottom, so yes ;P

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 12, 2014 10:59pm | Report
*facepalm* Alright. Moving on.

Greenevers, your team has Mewtwo AND Kyogre, and therefore, deserve a fiery death at a swarm of Infernapes, before being stomped on by a horde of Tauros.

Team Comp

Weaknesses

Suggestions

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 13, 2014 12:06am | Report
Might as well list mine.

My Team is Best Team (doubles)

Find any weaknesses yet?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 13, 2014 1:48am | Report
Sub i dont even have to open the spoiler to know that you wouldn't allow for a lot of weaknesses.

Since mawile is your main girl you seem to have protected her very well with nidoking against those pesky fire types and clawitzer for them and ground.

The 2 things that can ruin you are tanky burn stalls lategame or a double sweeper on your nidoking/clawitzer and m-mawile. I mean someone running a greninja and talonflame can destroy you if you aren't careful.

Sucker punch can take care of a lot of threats but you are not well enough equiped to deal with 2 sweep rushers.

And magnazone with hp fire could be something to watchout for.

You have build your team very well but no team is perfect and yours is weak to faster one shots, burn stalls and turbe tanks that got set up.

Does anyone know if mawile gets agility?

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 13, 2014 2:46am | Report
Good assessment, and no she doesn't. 50 base speed isn't worth boosting, anyway.

You're a bit off the mark: 1/3. Faster priority users can screw me over, ironically including just about any other user of Sucker Punch (and the hated Mega Kangaskhan).

But Burn Stalls are fairly easy to take care of, with two healers and a cleric (and the sheer power to break through their defenses, including Screens), and I've literally not met a single wall in the game that can survive two hits of +2 Play Rough. Holy hell, that thing hurts.

Edit: Oddly enough, I have literally not seen a single Magnezone (except for mine) ever since I started playing Showdown (a few weeks ago). I know he's a really strong Mon, I think he was OU in gen 4, so I have no idea why he's gone...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 13, 2014 7:20am | Report
Here is the team in building for next years vgc.

Spoiler: Click to view

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }