Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Be my control group!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Be my control group! 25 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

I didn't mean too add a poll -_-
Pizza.
I hate school.
Nex, more like SCRUBLORDCITYCENTRALPARK.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tsjawatnu » February 3, 2015 10:18am | Report
I'm a 16 year old male from Belgium.

The reason I like MOBAs is because they are free to play and paying doesn't make you or any of your characters stronger.

You are also not bound to any sort of 'character levels' or to a certain character you chose when making an account: everyone has, in theory, equal chances to win a match and can use whichever character they prefer, giving the player the possibility to change between playing styles as they change the character they use. I like that.

On top of that; MOBAs are very strategical, close to 100% skill-based games in which any mistake you make (like dying or simply not clearing a jungle camp) gives your opponent an advantage over you, effectively punishing you for your mistakes and making it more likely for you to lose.

SMITE is the only MOBA I have ever played, and most likely the only one because I love the way every single ability you use and every AA you fire is a skillshot.
So you thought I'd have some witty joke in my signature? Think again.

You can check out my joust 1v1 guide here

Tsjawatnu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 3, 2015 10:59am | Report
Twenty, male, USA.

I enjoy MOBAs because unlike rpg's and many fps' s, each new match is completely independent from previous ones. That is, there's no saved progress - you can jump back in two months down the road and won't lose because of outdated gear, and "leveling up" doesn't give you an advantage.

Also, this is more of a sampling than a control group. Don't want you to get points taken off.

Edit: mobile pls

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » February 3, 2015 12:20pm | Report
23, male, Romania.

The diversity of the matches, the teamplay requirements, the different way in which a character can (and must, sometimes) be played.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » February 3, 2015 12:49pm | Report
Janitsu is a great male ***lord from /b/ who has a lvl 4156 priest in D&D. His is age is merely counted by 4 hands, you only need 2/5 of the fingers of the last hand.

Janitsu has played many moba games for he is a great professional. Janitsu has played League of Legends, Smite, Dota, Strife, Dawngate, Hon and Starcraft.

Janitsu enjoys moba games because they are so different from other games and they have a great variety of champions/heroes and different tactics and strategies. Janitsu enjoys League of Legends especially because it looks great, has a lot of variety, requires skill (mechanical and psychological) and because he is such a great flamer.

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » February 3, 2015 1:27pm | Report
I'm 24, living in Quebec, Canada. I got into MOBAs pretty hard, cause as a kid, I LOVED being competitive. When I played my first MOBA (Heroes of Order and Chaos) The competitive nostalgic feeling came back to me all over again. So when I saw Smite and the prizepool, I just HAD to play it.
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » February 3, 2015 1:46pm | Report
Male
Canadian (Ontario)

I enjoy MOBA's because they offer a food mix of strategy, team play, and action. I originally started out on Dota 2, but then moved on to League of Legends with some of my friends. At around this point in time Smite had just started open beta, but I didn't get a key because I though the 3rd person view was stupid. Eventually, after a couple of months, I tried it and found it surprisingly absorbing and redeeming.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » February 3, 2015 2:59pm | Report
24, male, USA.

I only play Smite as I don't enjoy playing top-down MOBAs, but I've always liked the idea of MOBAs because every match is different depending on what characters are being played and who are playing them. Most of the time, it takes actual strategy and teamwork to succeed. I also enjoy how diverse the roster of characters seem to be in each MOBA. It's just an interesting environment to be a part of.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 3, 2015 3:55pm | Report
Yeesh, looks like I'm the old man.

36, male, USA.

I briefly (really briefly) tried other MOBAs over the years, including Demigod, Heroes of Newerth, and DOTA 2. In a simpler format, I did play a lot of Awesomenauts too. Other than Awesomenauts, none of the others stuck. Although I like games like the Diablo series, I didn't like the control those games employed. Also didn't like the most minute details like last-hitting, denying, etc. I've always preferred more of an action-oriented game style, and Smite brings that aspect to the MOBA genre very well.

I first started playing it because my teenage nephew practially begged me. Started briefly playing Joust, and then moved into Assault, and haven't looked back. Not that I'm an idiot, but the level of strategy and awareness that Conquest requires just isn't fully my style. I'm also an easy-going guy, and the amount of jerks hiding behind computers, saying some of the horrible things they say (that they wouldn't face to face with someone) is just a big turn-off. I appreciate when people are nice, and actively attempt to create a good environment for others. (I still hold doors open for people)

At the level I play, I still like to think things through to help myself do the best I can (hence, the guide I wrote), and I like the overall gameplay and teamwork required to succeed. I've always played team sports (soccer/futbol when I was younger, ice hockey now), so I appreciate that aspect. In sports, I've always been more of the defensive type, which is funny to think about, since I seem to also do best when I'm the support-type (guardians and warriors).

Hope this helps, and good luck with your research!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » February 3, 2015 5:00pm | Report
So I asked a female friend for you pal, she said she was cool with me sharing this

So she's 13, lives in the USA. She exclusively plays Smite (even though I've tried to get her into LoL). She said she had a lot of reasons for playing Smite, but to make your life easier she just told me one. She loves the dynamic gameplay that Smite's immersion and graphics bring. She loves powerful characters that make her feel powerful herself. Sooooooooooooooooo yeah. Good luck in this assignment, wish my professors would give me this type of freedom.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creature133 » February 3, 2015 6:13pm | Report
Hi im a male,18 years old from Mexico.

I liked Mobas since dota being a mod on warcraft. i find amazing the idea of lots of characters, every one different, and unique set of abilities.

Sorry for the english(:

Creature133

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }