Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Be my control group!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Be my control group! 25 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

I didn't mean too add a poll -_-
Pizza.
I hate school.
Nex, more like SCRUBLORDCITYCENTRALPARK.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 3, 2015 3:17am | Report
So as a part of school I have to make a scientific essay.
I chose Moba's as the subject, more specifically why Moba's have literarily explode in popularity over the recent years.

So as the title states I want you guys and girls to be my control group!

I will ask you a simple question: Why do you enjoy playing Moba's?
There are no wrong answers, noting is to small, nothing is to big. It could be as simple as "I just like powning nubz". I would also like it if you state what Moba's you have played and are playing.

Optional: While not required, I would appreciate it if you stated your age, gender and country as a point of reference. Don't be shy, I will not judge you. However please DO NOT state an other personal information like your real name.

Note: If you harass somebody because of there age, gender or country I will personally make sure that a moderator removes your post, no exceptions. Play nice people.

Disclaimer: By responding to this post you acknowledge that your respond might be quoted, so don't post anything you don't want me to quote you on. Also I own your soul now!

Thank you in advance for your contribution!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » February 3, 2015 3:33am | Report
Ok, I guess I don't mind. I am a male, 14 years old, live in the USA. I gotta say that as a huge AoE fan, I found the concept of top-down Mobas cool. Also gotta love the strategy you have to do in these games instead of the button mashing fighting games and mainstream overrated game. So yeah, it went from LoL to Smite to HoN to IC to Dota.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » February 3, 2015 4:03am | Report
I'm a male (you should think about getting female respondents too. I wonder if Mowie is willing to participate?) 17-year-old from Indonesia.

MOBAs are appealing because there's a sense of competition that makes it all the worth it when you win. Sure, there are losses here and there, but after you score that win after losing 11 times in a row, you feel like you're the king of the world.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 3, 2015 4:38am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

you should think about getting female respondents too. I wonder if Mowie is willing to participate?

I am probably going to post this thread on MobaFire. There are some active women there that will (hopefully) contribute.

I'm going to try something:

I SUMMON THE MASTERMIND AND GODDESS OF SMITEFIRE: MOWEN!
I WILL SACRAFICE THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE ANCIENT LAMBY LAMBY DANCE IN YOUR HONUR!

IN RETURN I ONLY ASk THAT YOU TO RESPOND TO THIS POST!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » February 3, 2015 6:43am | Report
Male, 17 years old, live in Georgia. I love MOBAs for their teamplay and competitiveness. There are many updates so you have to adapt to survive win. There are so many play styles and options that somebody will definitely find something that suits him. One thing that must be stated - Most MOBA games are not pay to win. This is a big factor for many players.
I only play Smite, but I have played a bit of original Dota, and just a tiny bit of LoL

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 3, 2015 6:52am | Report
first of I hope that this vid will help a bit (I stumbled across it on facebook)

Male 16(.5 yea I needed to do that XD) well I'm the iconic Dutch person here now so.

I play MOBA's because it gives me a bit of a sport feeling sometimes (oppossed to fps players you got only 5 man). I normally play it with my friends. also because most MOBa's are f2p (who doesn't like free stuff) and it isn't p2w.

the moba's I play are:
Smite, LoL, Dota 2, DG (R.I.P), IC (and hopefully HotS soon)

I mostlyu play with friends nowadays as solo queue is just hell

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » February 3, 2015 7:12am | Report
Male
30 years old
Canada

Played a bit of LoL a few years ago, but found that "Top down" view not really entertaining and left MOBA, until I heard about SMITE.
I also played a bit of T.O.M­.E, just to try the concept.
Never played to DOTA 2, HoN, and still waiting for HoTS beta access.

I like strategical games, where you need to adapt to your opponent strategy continuously.
I like cooperative games more than solo games.
Plus, they are free to play

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 3, 2015 8:03am | Report
I'm a male, 15 years old from Indonesia (i still find it funny to find other indonesian in a MOBA other than DOTA2) Come from a pretty good economy family so i can buy some skins and things.

I have at least played almost most of the MOBAs (SMITE, LoL, DOTA 2, HoTS, IF, VG, Battle Party) (was going to try Dawngate but you know, and HoN seems not good)

So, I grew up playing RTS games such as Age of Mythology, Age of Empire, Star Wars Battle Galactic, Rise of Nation, Rise of Mythology, Command and Conquer, etc. So, my first point, is that i really like playing strategy game.

Like these games, there is one thing that i really like, every choice can make a difference, like a real life. Shall i wait 10s for Qin? Shall i check that jungle buff? Shall i use my healing pot now? Shall i move to the left by 30 feet (okay maybe too much). The number of possible outcomes excites me a lot.

3rd, teamwork. Many games focused on the ability of a player while MOBA mostly focus on the teamwork of 5 players. There are 2 advantages for me. first, it is fun to not rely on myself. Second, it's fun to play with people who shares the same interest not like my annoying friends.

4th, the competitive play. It made me want to be even better and reach for the top. It made me feel i have made something useful in my life. Other than that, it's fun to see pro players play, change group, retired etc. It's like football, basketball. You have fun seeing other people play.

Last but not least, characters. It's fun to see your characters fight, change their skins, you become better with them. It feels like playing The Sims. You made something that you know you never will be like that.

And yeah, i like to pawn noobs XD

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 3, 2015 8:41am | Report
It's fun that not many players know what teamwork is XD

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 3, 2015 9:52am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

(does gay make a change to the result, i mean it feels it kinda is)

Having as many different type of people in a control group is never a bad thing. I

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }