Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 36 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 3, 2014 12:59am | Report

Well I'd like a nice, short, happy anime to watch after today's events that came way out of left field. Any ideas?

BY THE WAY, HOW'S MELODIES GOING?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 3, 2014 3:51pm | Report
>.>

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 3, 2014 7:04pm | Report
You disappoint me, Pilot's Love Long. I didn't think you'd actually stoop as low as a swimsuit episode. -_______-

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 4, 2014 3:02am | Report
I haven't started watching Golden Time yet (It hasn;t finished airing), and I'll just say this much, the second OP for Golden Time is amazing. All I'll say...

Immabout to go all analytical up in dat ***. Basically, it sounds messy and loud, but for some reason, it's so uplifting, yet you know it signals drama (Because the name 'The World's End' isn't a signal or anything). It's just really weird, and I love it so much. I mean, I do have the mentality of 'IT SOUNDS ORCHESTRAL SO IT MUST BE GOOD', but I think this one is better than most orchestral pieces I've heard. It's just so AUUUUUGH! It starts off really quiet, and then the 'bass drops' and everything goes all crazy adrenaline rushes through you oh mY GOD I'M SO EXCITED LET'S GO BURN DOWN A CHURCH YIPPEE! So yes, Golden Time OP 2 makes me so happy and excited I want to burn down a church, and seeing as how *chokes* I love religion, that just makes it better. This really does sound like directionless ramblings. WHATEVER! Just know that this song makes me excited in areas I've never experienced excitement before and it just gets me so pumped, I love it so much.

Ok, I'll say more. I'm generally one that enjoys sitting through openings of anime unless it's really bland or very generic (see... I dunno, Little Busters I guess), and I'll definitely be sitting through this one. It's just really damn good in my opinion. Some other intros I like:

-WataMote*
-Arpeggio of Blue Steel*
-Steins;Gate*
-Angel Beats*
-Clannad: After Story
-Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga ****ai
-HenNeko
-Kamisama Hajimema****a
-Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Just the first 10 or so seconds of it)
-Attack on Titan
-Toradora 1+2
-Usagi Drop
-Zetsuen no Tempest 2*
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 4, 2014 7:20am | Report
Hm, my favorite openings were from Attack on Titan and the first (second one was horrible) of Lovely Complex. I typically skip over the OP/ED unless it's the first/last episode, though.

I took a break from Golden Time just before the halfway point because I really just wanted to be able to watch it in one go. It's a really good anime, though, so I can't wait until it's done.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 4, 2014 8:12am | Report
So what stereotypical anime things can you not stand?

Off the top of my head:

1. When someone is eating another person's food and they practically start crying when they say the Japanese equivalent of "it's delicious." Just they way they do it makes me cringe.

a). "Hey look we tripped and fell onto each other in a very awkward/provocative position. (Extra points if they fall directly into a kiss /facepalm)
b). "Hey look someone caught us in this very awkward/provocative position." (extra points if they're in the middle of nowhere.

3. Any anime girl like Nagisa Furukawa. I'll leave it at that.

4. The "obligatory swimsuit episode." Ugh, I hate them so.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 4, 2014 9:58pm | Report

So what stereotypical anime things can you not stand?

Off the top of my head:

1. When someone is eating another person's food and they practically start crying when they say the Japanese equivalent of "it's delicious." Just they way they do it makes me cringe.

a). "Hey look we tripped and fell onto each other in a very awkward/provocative position. (Extra points if they fall directly into a kiss /facepalm)
b). "Hey look someone caught us in this very awkward/provocative position." (extra points if they're in the middle of nowhere.

3. Any anime girl like Nagisa Furukawa. I'll leave it at that.

4. The "obligatory swimsuit episode." Ugh, I hate them so.

THANK JESUS! I saw this in the morning and had my mind on this question all day.

1. Characters that don't ****ing die. The most recent example I can think of that did this was Otome wa Boku ni Koi*****ru. THEY MADE A TOUCHING DEPARTURE SCENE (To a simpleton at least) AND THE ****ING CHARACTER IS BACK LITERALLY A MINUTE LATER. HO MY GOD THAT PISSED ME OFF.

2. Clingy harems. It's a bit weird and somewhat hard to explain what I mean, but the main offender of this is Sword Art Online. Every ****ing girl, no matter how strong or powerful, clings onto Kirito. Like hello? Most of the girls in SAO are strong (well, Asuna at least), so how come they just all end up in that weak, crybaby girl stereotype? What? Speaking of crybabies...

3. The crybaby girl stereotype that grows up to be big and strong. NAGISA **********ING FURUKUWA, OH MY GOD SHE PISSES ME OFF TO NO END. I mean, yeah, I do like her in After Story, BUT OHMYGOD NAGISA IN CLANNAD IS SO ANNOYING. STOP ****ING CRYING OVER UTTERLY POINTLESS REASONS, PLEASE.

Bleh, all I can think of. I had a giant list but I can't remember any of it anymore.

4. JUST FOR FUTURE USE MEBEH
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 5, 2014 3:15am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

1. Characters that don't ****ing die.

You must hate comic books then.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 7, 2014 8:07pm | Report
Two whole days with no posts in this thread. I think I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Someone, anyone, think of a new topic for discussion!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 7, 2014 8:25pm | Report

Two whole days with no posts in this thread. I think I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Someone, anyone, think of a new topic for discussion!

UM, UM, UM....

What's your favourite pure comedy anime? By pure comedy, I mean the main focus is comedy.

So, something like... Seitokai Yakuindomo counts, but (Targeted directly at you TT) Lovely Complex/Maid-sama doesn't, as the main focus of those are the romance (in my opinion).

Also directed at TT, HAVE YOU SEEN MELODIES YET?
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }