Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 21 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 30, 2013 2:22am | Report

Watched all twenty four episodes in one day. ********, that was one hell of a roller coaster.

Even more than when I totally knew what was going to happen with
Spoiler: Click to view

But, yeah, excellent anime and thank you for the recommendation. What a wonderfully developed and hilarious protagonist, I certainly have a new favorite anime character.

I normally watch subs, but I chose the dub this time and have no regrets, absolutely stupendous dubbing done by Funimation.

Certainly deserving of a 9/10, excellent anime.

Suzuha's story arc was depressing, but I found Moeka's to be really depressing as well. The one arc I hated was the man-woman's arc (Ruka I think it was). It was boring, and felt out of place in how depressing the rest was.

Also, I found something very awesome when I was in Sydney...

It was this or Steins Gate. Unfortunately, I only had money for one at the time. I hope I can find the Steins;Gate one in Melbourne, but most of the stores that seel this kind of stuff are either, A. Pirated, B. An hour away from where I live or C. Non-existant.

I also found a Clannad one, but it was for 50 bucks. Seriously?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » December 30, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Yeah, 50 bucks, seriously? It should have been $100
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » December 30, 2013 7:08pm | Report
Leon Porter wrote:

Yeah, 50 bucks, seriously? It should have been $100

Given how pricey anime DVDs can be, consider yourself lucky you got it for that much.

This of course brings up the issue of anime in general being rather costly compared to other genres of media. Compare 15$ for full 20ish episode seasons of something like Simpsons or Family Guy, then compare it to a 12-episode season of an anime. Huge price difference. Hell, the Anime Network doesn't even come free with your cable service and is something you must pay monthly fees for.

There's a reason why streaming sites for anime are everywhere despite technically being illegal, and it's because the genre isn't priced fairly. Sadly, this has also been resulting in studios losing a lot of money over them because they lose a lot of viewers to stream sites... though many would argue they only have themselves to blame for putting themselves in this predicament. Understand: the vast majority of people who are into animes are people who don't work jobs, either because they're students or they're NEETs, so there is a serious flaw with that system.

Don't get any wrong ideas, I love anime, but it is not a cheap hobby to get into if you truly want to invest in it, and most of us end up resorting to stealing it off streams.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 30, 2013 9:54pm | Report
@Buddha

I didn't really find Moeka's story very depressing because

Granted, different people react differently to different things. There are probably some who laughed at Clannad: After Story. Then again, those people are probably not fit to be around other humans. :P

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 30, 2013 10:32pm | Report

@Buddha

I didn't really find Moeka's story very depressing because

Granted, different people react differently to different things. There are probably some who laughed at Clannad: After Story. Then again, those people are probably not fit to be around other humans. :P

When I said Moeka's was depressing, I meant it in the sense that it's just dark. It has no happiness in sight. It's just bad, bad, bad. There's no good in it. It just had an atmosphere with no light in it at all.

Suzuha's was depressing because you felt for her and was sad. And when *spoilers that have something to do with a letter* came, you felt sad because of how much you felt for her.

So, it's hard to explain, but it's just that they're depressing in two different ways.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 31, 2013 12:17am | Report
I agree with you in a sense, but I honestly felt more intrigued rather than sad during Moeka's arc. To me, the impact of a tragedy is much greater when there's hope. I don't want to refer to it as a numbness to a series of unfortunate events, so I guess the best I can describe it as is "the higher you are, the further you fall."

Either way, all of the stories were interesting (sans the shemale's), and the only reason it doesn't go down as a 10/10 in my book is because the drooping of the main character's belt irks me to no extent. :P

Now to find another anime to watch for twelve consecutive hours!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 31, 2013 12:57am | Report

I agree with you in a sense, but I honestly felt more intrigued rather than sad during Moeka's arc. To me, the impact of a tragedy is much greater when there's hope. I don't want to refer to it as a numbness to a series of unfortunate events, so I guess the best I can describe it as is "the higher you are, the further you fall."

Either way, all of the stories were interesting (sans the shemale's), and the only reason it doesn't go down as a 10/10 in my book is because the drooping of the main character's belt irks me to no extent. :P

Now to find another anime to watch for twelve consecutive hours!

So, you're a fan of psychological thrillers amirite?

Ok, so I did research because I'm intrigued on the genre, so, my results...

Sunday without God
Btooom!
Flowers of Evil (this one is the one that intrigues me the most)

and that's all I can name off the top of my head....
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 1, 2014 7:32am | Report
********, ef: a Tale of Memories is... heavy. Also, there's no major spoilers in hidden part below, so it's safe, but it may remove the 'newness' and 'freshness' you get from going into an anime completely blind.

(Yo, I heard you don't like spoilers, so I put a spoiler in your spoiler, so you won't be spoiled as you read your spoiler)
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 1, 2014 8:06am | Report
Has a rating of 4.9 on crunchyroll. Added it to the queue :D

Also, @your previous comment that I missed:

I watched most of Sunday Without God while it was airing, and it was pretty good. I've yet to finish it but I probably will just start from episode one because it's a pretty short anime. It wasn't exemplary, but what I watched was certainly solid.

I loved Btooom! and I highly recommend it - I think my first post in this thread listed that was one to watch.

I have never watched Flowers of Evil because it started airing at the same time as other animes, but I'll look into it. Only problem is that I remember reading somewhere that it was really dark - I like dark animes just as long as that's not the focus.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 1, 2014 3:35pm | Report
Man... I was watching Valvrave the Liberator at the end of episode 10 I was like "What the ****?". xD

This animes getting way too intense now.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }