Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 1 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 16, 2013 7:42pm | Report
Anyway, I think it's no secret that I love anime. Unfortunately, I honestly have no friends that are into anime, so... I'm kinda thirsty for discussion. Just as a general conversation starter, I'll simply ask:

What's your favourite anime?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » August 17, 2013 7:35am | Report
Saint seiya, its old but SOOOOOO GOOOOD

So whats yours Buddha? XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 17, 2013 7:39am | Report
I like fairy tail and TWGOK

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 17, 2013 10:18am | Report
Saint Seiya is on my list.

TWGOK... I LOVE YOU KANON! Who's ready for the new episode tomorrow?

I'm also into Choujigen Game Neptune *stares at Sunfall*...

I want to catch up on Shingeki no Kyojin, and Hentai Ouji no Warawanai Neko has been over for a while *cries*.

Did I ever menton that I LOVE Death Note? I think I might have.

There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment...

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 18, 2013 1:41am | Report

Saint seiya, its old but SOOOOOO GOOOOD

So whats yours Buddha? XD

I'm the biggest Full Metal Panic fan boy.

Also, as you can see, I recently watched Clannad and my god is it amazing (After Story is the better of the two by far). The feels get to me every time.

Others on my list are Ouran High School Host Club (Yes, I understand it's more of a woman anime, but I still giggled like a little girl), Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, or Sakurasou's Pet Woman (So realistic it's scary) and Hataraku Maou-Sama! (Comedy done perfectly).

I dropped Ba***onogatari half-way through the first episode, an all new record, so I'd have to say it's probably the worst one I've 'watched'.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 18, 2013 3:20am | Report
Currently, I am watching:

-Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation (should be no surprise to anyone)
-The World God Only Knows 3rd season
-Dangan Ronpa
-Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
-Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2nd Season

Also been watching Sword Art Online on Adult Swim, to see what all the fuss was about. I was rather hesitant about that one due to the mixed receptions that I recalled.

Lastly, I highly recommend Puella Magi Madoka Magica to anyone who hasn't already seen it yet. I cannot think of words good enough to describe how I felt after watching it all...
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 18, 2013 11:33am | Report
HiFromBuddha, you should try AngelBeats. 13 episodes, but the feels man... the feels are everywhere.

Ouran Host Club was enjoyable, I believe. I'd certainly recommend going 'till the end.

Sunfall... why, the hell, are you watching the dubbed version of SAO? No, unacceptable, disgusting, revolting, horrifying! (As you can see, I only watch subbed anime). It's an excellent anime, but you have to get past the beginning drama.

I recommend that everyone watch Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat. 12 eps, but it's enjoyable.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 18, 2013 3:01pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

HiFromBuddha, you should try AngelBeats. 13 episodes, but the feels man... the feels are everywhere.

Ouran Host Club was enjoyable, I believe. I'd certainly recommend going 'till the end.

Sunfall... why, the hell, are you watching the dubbed version of SAO? No, unacceptable, disgusting, revolting, horrifying! (As you can see, I only watch subbed anime). It's an excellent anime, but you have to get past the beginning drama.

I recommend that everyone watch Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat. 12 eps, but it's enjoyable.

I hear Kanon (2006) is much more emotional than Angel Beats.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 18, 2013 3:13pm | Report
You just had to open your mouth and cry hate towards dubs.

First off, I am indifferent to either, and probably the biggest reason why is simply because I actually realize that without dubs, it's difficult to get people into anime. You can say all your hate towards them that you want, but just ask yourself: what was the first anime you ever watched? Probably a dub of Dragonball Z or something like that you saw one day on the television that you thought was awesome. It's much easier to bring people into something when it's spoken in a language they can understand.

Second, not all dubs are bad. Yes, there was a time when American localization had completely butchered otherwise-decent animes back in the 80s/90s such as Sailor Moon, but that was only because the anime community was too small back then to really make their voice heard. Once it did grow, and once viewers made their opinions known on the handling of localizations, the quality of localizations had improved significantly. Dialog is kept much closer to the original Japanese scripts, the Japanese culture is embraced instead of pushed away, all while still being understandable to a Western audience.

At this point, it seems like the only complaint most people find with dubs nowadays is voice-acting. This is unavoidable, unfortunately, partly because Japanese and English (or whatever other western language it gets localized in) have very different dialects, syntax, and word usage. There's also the fact that Japan has a longer history of voice-actor training compared to the West, so the quality isn't always there.

I don't care if you prefer the subs over the dubs, that's cool. If you are going to hate on dubs, at least try to suggest ways to improve them instead of saying they suck so that they can actually... I don't know, IMPROVE?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 18, 2013 3:52pm | Report
Oh no no no, I don't hate dubs. I simply prefer subs because I find that they give a better experience when watching.

The reason I say to watch the subbed version is because I've seen both subbed and dubbed of SAO, and that the dubbed is rather bad. The subbed is far superior.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }