Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ANIME AND MANGO MEGATHREAD REBIRTH!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » ANIME AND MANGO MEGATHREAD REBIRTH! 137 posts - page 11 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 6, 2014 5:07pm | Report
Of course. The superior version of Memories. Although some don't like Melodies because they say there's no joy, only gloom.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 6, 2014 8:56pm | Report
My favorite stories are dark ones with happy endings, but I can respect gloomy ones. As long as they're written well, of course. I'm going to watch it (FOR REALZ THIS TIME) over Christmas break...here's too hoping it's not as bad as Penguindrum it's as good as you say it is. :P

That was joke, I know Penguindrum is a good anime, I just couldn't stand that damn stalker girl.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 7, 2014 4:43am | Report
Luckily for you, the stalker girl explodes into a magical confetti of blood and glitter to satisfy everyone's guro fetish.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 7, 2014 4:18pm | Report
I skipped to the end and got to enjoy that part. ;)

Hey Buddher, are you still watching Akame ga Kill?

Awww Sheeeet

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 8, 2014 3:06am | Report
I think I found the love of my mango life with Afterschool Charisma, and for once, the series is ongoing :D
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 8, 2014 3:07am | Report
Of course I'm following Akame ga Kill.

Spoiler: Click to view
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Latest Legend » December 9, 2014 8:32am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Fate/Zero and then the new Fate/Stay Night. Don't even bother with the original.

If you want to play the VN, play it before anything else.
From what I've read it's mainly an eroge, which isn't really my kind of game(I like mystery VNs though, and oddly enough sometimes anime/manga based off them), so I guess I'll start watching Zero. Thanks for the recommendation!

Yeah, I'd watch it in chronological order, so Fate/Zero first. Have you picked up Parasyte yet or are you waiting until it finishes airing?
I'll probably wait until it's finished, I'll have more time to watch by Christmas anyway.

Has any of you been following Cross Ange? There are a few episodes I really liked so far (episode 1 and 9 mostly I think), the rest was pretty meh in my opinion I guess. I wonder what you think of it.

Latest Legend

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 9, 2014 8:42am | Report
Very ecchi. I haven't bothered following it since it really is just fan service, but apparently it's finally starting to pick up in terms of storyline after... Eight episodes...

There's a very... Subtle yuri scene from my knowledge as well.

It's a tough season to be released in for a lot of anime, so things like Cross Ange get overshadowed. There's things like Fate/Stay Night, Parasyte, Rage of Bahamut and Akame ga Kill that are pretty much clouding out all the other series being released.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Latest Legend » December 10, 2014 7:21am | Report
Well I liked the start too but it somewhat dipped in after that. Yeah, it's pretty ecchi but that's part of the genre's charm I guess. I don't mind anymore for this kind of anime.

Well, what do you expect when you create a prison for people unable to use some sort of magic, which have until now only been girls? What do you mean, that's some cliché plot? xD (There's more though) I'm actually pretty happy with the fact that they included this, it adds some more realism to the story in my opinion.

What I find annoying about this series is that there are some really good moments (dark as in Darker than Black or Phantom: Requiem), and then there are episodes full of nonsense and fan-service overload. Currently the terrible episodes are in a clear majority so I would only recommend it for those who can enjoy the silliness of the rest too.

For some reason I totally missed out on the ones you mentioned xD I did make a start with AgK but that's it. But I plan to watch most of them. Never heard of Rage of Bahamut before though. The list thickens ^^

By the way, already getting hyped for Tsukimonogatari? I hoped for a bit more than four episodes but I'm still looking forward to it. All aboard the train!

Latest Legend

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 10, 2014 8:47am | Report
Seeing as how in Buddha's old sig he mentioned Bakemonogatari like 688473738348595968 times, I'd say you're not the only one
Or was that the old anime thread?
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }