Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ANIME AND MANGO MEGATHREAD REBIRTH!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » ANIME AND MANGO MEGATHREAD REBIRTH! 137 posts - page 13 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 20, 2014 7:22am | Report
2015 Winter Season Anime List.

What are you guys excited for?

Personally, I'm excited for KanColle and Death Parade, and of course, I'll be secretly watching Kamisama Hajimema****a with my sister.

I love KanColle because I just love those marine type slice of life anime in general, with me being a fan of Full Metal Panic and Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Not to mention I have some experience with the game which was painful because I can't read Japanese Kanji. Still, I have prepped myself with KanColle Nendoroids and figures in hype of the new series.

Death Parade is setting itself up to be another one of those psychological thrillers. In my experience, pretty much every psychological thriller has been fantastic, with things like Steins;Gate and Mawaru Penguindrum being some of my all time favourite anime.

Kamisama Hajimema****a is shoujo through and through, with similarities being drawn to things like Kamigami no Asobi, Special A and Kaichou wa Maid-Sama. They have a cute moe, somewhat tsundere, relatable, cute female lead and is packed with prettyboys. My sister loves it, I pretty much have to love it or else I don't get fed. Funnily enough though, they still haven't released the second OVA to the first season. In fact, they hadn't released it for over a year after the first one was released. Instead, they just make a whole new series.

I know that the major ones this season though are Tokyo Ghoul vA to help relieve the ****tease of the first season, and I believe Durarara x2 will be very popular among the diehard fanbase that exists for that unique series. Kuroko no Basket 3 will also be popular because of the quality of the first two seasons. Of course, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure sequel will arrive to alleviate the urges of the fans of it. The series itself is really good, so sequels to pretty defining anime is welcome. Oh, and IDOLM@STER. Will we get more Nico Nico Nii? Who knows.

Other than that, everything else is pretty ordinary. Dog Days wasn't particularly good but is getting a sequel. Some fans will rejoice. Ansatsu Kyou*****u has an interesting premise, but will probably end up the same as other generic high school murderfests like Another and Danganronpa.

I'm fairly worried for Absolute Duo. It's really setting itself up to be completely embraced by ecchi and not actually having anything worth watching about it. Personally, there are only a few anime that actually feel like anime while still having ecchi in them, with one off the top of my head being Gantz. The Action, Harem, Romance, Comedy, Ecchi combination will always result in something incredibly ordinary or something that is really quite awful if the ecchi gets out of hand. I think Cross Ange is a very good example of this.

But yeah, other than that, there's nothing really else I particularly care about. A lot of generic mecha anime, generic fantasy harems, generic historical harem actions and generic slice of life action whatever the **** I said about Absolute Duo ecchi harems.

I'm getting the feeling that harems are becoming a thing.

Onto movies. Nothing too much, but the Psycho Pass movie will definitely be the big thing this movie season. Akane Tsunemori Psycho Pass has a very big following, so fans will rejoice and get hard ons for the new movie. I guess I might watch the Arpeggio of Blue Steel movie, but the only issue is that I don't really watch any anime movies.

OVA wise, quite a lot actually. Samurai Bride OVA is pretty much obligatory. I mean, Queens Blade has like, fifty OVAs of pure TITS and Senran Kagura is probably closely trailing behind. Samurai Bride definitely needs to make sure that they don't fall behind these completely worthless ecchi focused anime that are a ****ing bore to watch.

Date A Live OVA. Date A Live itself is really bizarre in terms of where it sits in the anime community. The experienced fans that don't solely watch mainstream stuff know that it's really ordinary. The newcomers that think Attack On Titan is the best anime that they've ever seen because it's the only one they've seen but they still think it's the best of them all probably will never hear of Date A Live. But it seems that those that do somehow find out about it like to parade around the fact that they've watched something other than Attack on Titan so clearly they have a wide sample space of anime and they're experienced. Of course, since they've only seen two anime, they say that Date A Live is good, but only because they have no clue and they say that because like I've redundantly said about four times, they want to act as if they have knowledge and taste. Date A Live fanbase folks.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu is awesome. Glad it's getting an OVA. It's OP, Jigoku All-Stars, is quite possibly the most catchiest and funnest OPs in anime. I have it somewhere in my iTunes library.

Also, Chaika. Chaika is one that really appeals to those ***** dakimakura humping guys that have a particular attachment to an anime character, i.e all of us ****ing filthy slobs. Chaika herself has a really ugly design that is likable because of how unique it is. It's a bit like a pug, really. Probably because eyebrows. It isn't particularly ecchi if I remember, it's just Chaika's peculiar design that gets her attention. I guess it's.

Shirobako was a really cutesy slice of life type anime from this season. OVA is cool I guess. Pretty standard for anime of its sort. For those interested, it's an anime about the anime industry itself. It's along the lines of Bakuman I'd say. Also, watch Bakuman.

And that's your 2015 Winter Season. Lovely.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 22, 2014 5:16am | Report
*sorry for double posting*

A countdown was started, which we knew nothing of other than it was a collaboration between Key, the studio that brought you Clannad, Angel beats, Little Busters and many more, and P.A Works, the studio that animated Angel Beats, Canaan, Nagi no Asukara and many more.

The countdown has finally reached zero, and the announcement was made. An original series by Jun Maeda (The mastermind behind most Key works) called Charlotte will be airing in 2015! It will be made by Aniplex and Key, Jun Maeda will be the scenario writer and Na-Ga will do the design. Finally, P.A Works will be animating it.

Alongside this announcement, they also announced the Angel Beats Visual Novel to be released May 29th, 2015.

A teaser has been released for Charlotte.

Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 27, 2015 6:15pm | Report
I gave in a few weeks ago and read the manga for Parasyte. It was overall very good, and I'm confident the anime, continuing as it is, will adhere well to the manga. So I'm going to go ahead and give it a 9/10. It has a great plot, the character development for Shinichi, Migi and Tamura (the parasyte with the baby) was phenomenal. It loses a star because:

Reasons

Also, the ending didn't quite tickle my fancy but I can't say it was particularly bad, either. At least Migi didn't die and Shinichi ended up happy, so all in all I was satisfied.

Still going to keep following the anime of course, because the series is awesome.

As for this season, so far I'm pleasantly surprised by Rolling Girls. It feels a lot like Kill la Kill; it's over the top and it has a bunch of hilarious gag scenes. Plus it looks like this series everyone won't be getting naked, so that's a plus.

Tokyo Ghoul is pretty solid, I guess I'll give it a 7/10 for now and continue to follow it. Nothing else is really great this season for me but I'm enjoying most of the simulcasts (though there's a few I refuse to watch, like Yuri Kuma).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » January 27, 2015 8:25pm | Report

and Murano, while arguably somewhat realistic, was just incredibly annoying.

Hey, i love Murano's hair. Her VA is one of my favorite VAs, too.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 27, 2015 8:35pm | Report
I'm not even going to lie. I actually liked Murano for a few episodes because I dig her hair, haha. But her character was just so...annoying.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by supersword23 » January 29, 2015 5:28pm | Report
1. Code Ge*** (Don't know why, just loved it).
2. Shingeki no Kyoujin's Guren no Yumiiya was epic, tied with Neon Genesis Evangelion's A Cruel Angel's Thesis. No ending in particular.
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion.
4. Who is this Mio you speak of?
5. No, unfortunately not.
6. Lord Jeremiah (Code Ge***) tied with Zuko.
7. Technically, it was Avatar, but the one that really turned me into an otaku (kinda) was School Days, a sh*tty anime that no one here should ever be subjected to.
8. Fairy Tail I find to be very overrated.
9. Dunno. You tell me.
10. Because she's Esdeath. No reasons required for that one.

supersword23

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 3, 2015 12:39am | Report
supersword23 wrote:

1. Code Ge*** (Don't know why, just loved it).
2. Shingeki no Kyoujin's Guren no Yumiiya was epic, tied with Neon Genesis Evangelion's A Cruel Angel's Thesis. No ending in particular.
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion.
4. Who is this Mio you speak of?
5. No, unfortunately not.
6. Lord Jeremiah (Code Ge***) tied with Zuko.
7. Technically, it was Avatar, but the one that really turned me into an otaku (kinda) was School Days, a sh*tty anime that no one here should ever be subjected to.
8. Fairy Tail I find to be very overrated.
9. Dunno. You tell me.
10. Because she's Esdeath. No reasons required for that one.

Mmm, Code Ge***, a fine choice.

Also, to put it simply, Bakemonogatari is the best series because dialogue. Really, really, really, really fantastic dialogue. It's a very specific taste that a lot of people seem to share.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » February 4, 2015 4:03am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

CONVERSATION STARTER ROUND 2

1. What is your favourite mango (manga for you dimwits)?
2. What are your anime confessions/secret pleasures?
3. What are you currently watching?

1. D.N.Angel volume 7
2. I actually enjoyed watching Powerpuff Girls Z when it aired in the United States.
3. Gourmet Girl Graffiti all day baby. Do I love the colors, the personalities, and the character interactions. I'm actually surprised that crunchyroll has it part of their popular anime list.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » February 7, 2015 12:36am | Report
Any of you watched KanColle? Is it any good?

I also plan to play the game once i get to Japan and pick up some Japanese :3

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 7, 2015 7:05pm | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Any of you watched KanColle? Is it any good?

I also plan to play the game once i get to Japan and pick up some Japanese :3

Reminds me of Strike Witches.

Also, Shimakaze > Tenryuu.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }