Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Winter God Creation Contest!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Winter God Creation Contest! 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » November 11, 2019 12:48pm | Report

We are happy to announce the launch of our God Concept Creation Tool, a new feature that enables creative minds to give form to their creations! For the following three weeks, anyone can create a God concept and have the chance to win gems and fancy badges.

The theme of this contest is Winter - meaning any God that is related to winter and its elements may be created and used as an entry.

The contest starts today (November 11th) and will end in three weeks from now (December 2nd).
The following week the God concepts will be judged and the winners announced (December 3rd - December 10th).

Rewards - Sweet Gems & Fantastic Badges!

The author of the best concept will receive 1500 SMITE Gems and the Winter God badge. May the frostiest God win!

We will also have (5) Honorable Mentions that will receive 800 SMITE Gems each and the Winter Demigod badge!

Theme - Winter!

Time to unleash your imagination on crafting Gods whose mythos are based on winter and its elements! You can use any aspect of the God to fulfill the theme: mythos, art, abilities, anything that comes to mind to make the God interesting and frosty at the same time.

Examples of winter deities: Boreas (Greek) or Aquilo (Roman), Beira (Gaelic), Hod (Norse).

Be creative and add any element that you find fun about your God that also helps the reader better visualize and understand the concept. And most important of all, have fun! :)

How To Participate

1. Craft a God concept using our God Creation Tool. Make sure to respect the theme while creating your God!
    • All Gods created during the contest period will be automatically entered in the contest.

2. Revise and polish your God concept, make sure it's in best form by the final day.
    • If you'd like more opinions or reviews on your God concept just link it in this thread or ask for feedback on our Discord server. Collaboration and asking for help is both expected and encouraged.

3. That's it! All the concepts created during the contest will be judged and the winners announced after the judging period.

Rules - Gods Have Them Too!

• The concepts must be created using our God Creation Tool. Linking to threads or external websites will not count.

• You must create your God concept during the contest period (November 11th - December 2nd).

• Your God concept must fulfill these material requirements:
    • God basic information (roles, pantheon, mythos)
    • At least 1 passive and 4 abilities
    • A brief description on your God's play style

• You're allowed to make changes to your concept during the contest period and after the winners have been announced.
    • Changes should not be made during the judging period (December 3rd - December 10th).

• You're allowed to create multiple entries, but you may only win once.

• Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will automatically disqualify your entry.
    • NOTE: BBCode does not belong to any one writer and does not fall under plagiarism rules

Judging Criteria

Originality

Creating a unique God is challenging and that's why we're always impressed when we see something fresh and exciting. Originality could be a new and fun interaction with the game's mechanics, crazy abilities that we haven't seen before, or maybe a cool way to mix your abilities! Remember, while crazy ideas are fun, they must be realistic. When in doubt, try picturing your concept in an actual match and see how well it'd fit!

Mythos

The background and personality of the God is important. Think about your favorite Gods, would they be the same without their wits and legends? Make sure to help the reader better understand and picture your God by writing a suitable mythos and creating abilities that fit with the concept of the God. Feel free to go to the next level and also create voice lines and interactions with other existing Gods - anything that grabs the reader's attention, you're able to do!

Flavor

We often pick Gods because we want to win or because they're fun. Sometimes we're lucky and both conditions are met! We're going to focus on the fun part for this contest, so when crafting your God, make sure to think about both perspectives: will the God be fun to play with and against it?

Theme

Since we have a special theme for this edition, we are going to take into consideration how well your concept fits the theme. Make sure your God's mythos and abilities are all created based on the competition's theme - winter.

Balance

It is not going to be the most important aspect of the judging process, but having a balanced and well-rounded God will surely be a plus. If you are having trouble balancing your God, feel free to ask us or the fellow competitors and concept enthusiasts for thoughts!

Presentation

Just like in the case of balance, this is not going to be a crucial judging indicator. However, if your God concept is nicely formatted, the reader will most likely check out your concept thoroughly and not miss out on any crucial information. Use chapters, the features of our God creation tool and BBCode to your advantage. Even though it's not mandatory, including icons for your God and its abilities makes a huge difference!

Now, all you have to do is get started! Start crafting your God concept now!

Contest Judges

Here are our illustrious judges! Bear in mind that the opinion of the community will also count towards the final decision.

Fine Print

• Open to registered SMITEFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your God concept!

• Contest is worldwide. Anyone is free to participate!

• Prizes are awarded through SMITE gifting.

• Contest will be closed 3 weeks from the start of the contest. (December 2nd 11:59 PM PST/GMT-7)

• After contest is closed there will be a 1 week judging period (December 3rd - December 10th).

• Participants can submit multiple entries but may win only once.

• Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Whenever a God concept has been posted, take a look and let the author know what you like or dislike so they can improve their creation!

Have any feedback for our God creation tool? Feel free to let us know, we're always looking to improve the tool for the best experience!

Thank you all for joining, we wish you good luck and we are excited to see your wonderful creations! :D
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » November 11, 2019 1:39pm | Report
Can we create a completely new god (new mithos, images, personality, Pantheon...) or just use gods that already "exist" but weren't inserted on Smite yet?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » November 11, 2019 1:49pm | Report
My time to shine.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 11, 2019 2:17pm | Report
Myst, spoke with Mowen, and she said you can create a brand new god concept (out of thin air, rather than existing characters that Hi-Rez might potentially consider for actual use).

That said, those concepts will probably have less potential to win, because part of the judging concept will look to tie in a character's existing mythos and theme, and see how well your god concept and mechanics align. With nothing to use to tie in a "new" character, you'll need to work harder to develop the background story for them.

Does this make sense? Basically, I'd say, if you want to have fun, go and create a brand new "god." If you want to be more strongly considered, use an existing god/character that might fit into the game itself.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » November 11, 2019 2:54pm | Report
Thanks Bran. I was thinking about create 2 Gods. One to win and one to have fun.

Tbh, I already have an entire story for the "fun" god, just need create and balance the skills. For the other I will have to learn a bit about the pantheons on Smite.

I just wanna say that you might consider "fictional stories" and not only true mythologies, since HR added an entire pantheon about King Arthur, Merlin...

Anyway, thanks again Bran <3

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 11, 2019 3:39pm | Report
Good luck to everybody that enters. :)

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 11, 2019 4:04pm | Report
Hey Myst, just note your god could be from a new pantheon...doesn't have to be existing only. Just, when we investigate the god's origins, we want to be able to reference something.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AtomicPie525 » November 12, 2019 4:03pm | Report
As I'm understanding, it is perfectly valid to use a god from another pantheon outside of the game? If so what would be the best way to portray that under the universe tab in the god builder? Right now I'm looking at an aztec god so I guess Mayan would make the most sense.

AtomicPie525
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 12, 2019 4:47pm | Report
Yeah, you can assign any pantheon, and if they're not of that pantheon, just denote that in the writeup. No biggie.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rendycor » November 14, 2019 5:13am | Report
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/concept/yum-kaax-43 my concept saw to late it has to do with winter

Rendycor

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }