Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Guide Contest - The Great Dreamer!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Guide Contest - The Great Dreamer! 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » June 16, 2020 8:02am | Report

Hello and welcome to Cthulhu's special Guide Contest! Check out the details below to learn how to join and compete for the cash prizes!

Cthulhu's Guide Contest (3 Winners)

The Great Dreamer has finally awakened! For the following (4) weeks, you can create a guide for Cthulhu in order to compete for the top (3) podium. The author of the best guide will receive $75 USD plus a special badge and title on our forums. There are also going to be (2) runner-ups that will receive $25 USD and a special badge each.

Safety Notice: SMITEFire is not responsible for any authors that become afflicted by Insanity from The Great Dreamer's stacks of Torment. Please be careful when creating your guide and keep an eye on the stacks. Stay sane! ;)

How to participate?
  • Simply create a Cthulhu guide before the end of the contest (July 14th) and you're entered!

• To qualify for the guide contest, your guide must have at least 2000 characters (characters, not words, including BBCode) and a properly filled out build - skill sequence and at least core items in the item purchase order. Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta.

• If you want feedback for your guide, don't forget to make use of the forums! The SMITEFire community will be happy to help by giving your guide feedback.
Sounds good so far? Break the ice and be the first to create a guide! :)

What Are The Rules?

• You must create and update your guide by the end of July 14th.

• Your guide must fulfill these material requirements:
    • At least 2000 characters
    • At least one build with a filled out skill order and recommended core items

• You're allowed to make changes to your guide at any time.

• Guides must be crafted to reflect the current state of the game.

• Guides for any of SMITE's game modes are eligible to win.

• Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will automatically disqualify your guide.
    • NOTE: God builds and BBCode do not belong to any one writer and do not fall under plagiarism rules.

• Every guide will be carefully analyzed and judged by the SMITEFire Team.

The Fine Print

• Open to registered SMITEFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!

• Contest is worldwide.

• Contest will be closed on July 14th, 2020 at 11:59pm PST.

• After contest is closed there will be a 1 week judging period.

• We reserve the right to adjust the number of winners based on the number of quality entries.

• Winners may choose to receive their prize in a different form (e.g. Steam Wallet).

• Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 16, 2020 8:07am | Report
Time to earn a new badge to my "already overwhelming arsenal" >:)

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » June 16, 2020 9:10am | Report
If there is plagiarised work, how can you tell who's is who's? For example on Artio there are 2 builds I've seen with the exact same information in the "combos" but because the guides have been updated it's hard to tell who's was the original.

Is there something I'm missing or is it whoever says it's theirs first?

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » June 16, 2020 9:12am | Report
Big Damage wrote:

If there is plagiarised work, how can you tell who's is who's? For example on Artio there are 2 builds I've seen with the exact same information in the "combos" but because the guides have been updated it's hard to tell who's was the original.

Is there something I'm missing or is it whoever says it's theirs first?

Hey Big damage!

We can check who has created and published their guide first and we conduct a thorough investigation to make sure the content wasn't plagiarized from other websites or videos as well, just to be sure.

In case you ever have such suspicions, feel free to contact me together with any useful information. :)

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingKatura » June 19, 2020 7:03pm | Report
What their should be after at it closes at least is a list of the guides that entered so that people can see for themselves how good each of them are with the winner at top of course.

KingKatura

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2020 5:53pm | Report
Just a reminder, the contest closes tomorrow, at which point we may start reviewing guides for candidacy in the contest. With the 7.7 Mid-Season patch also arriving tomorrow, please be advised that you are perfectly fine formulating your build based on the 7.6 patch.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » July 15, 2020 1:08am | Report
Hey everyone!

The contest is finally closed and it's time for the judges to gather and carefully analyze all the eligible entries. The winners will be announced early next week, stay tuned!

Feel free to ask us any questions if you have any in the meantime. Also - remember that you can still update your guides during the next few days. ;)

Good luck!
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }