Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hun Batz Patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Hun Batz Patch 29 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 19, 2013 1:31pm | Report

Hun Batz emerges as the new Monkey King.

by Hirez Maria | Jun 20, 2013

• KNOWN ISSUE: The mini-map will be misplaced until you either change resolution once, or you change one of the UI settings (such as the mini-map scaling).

Revamped God: Hun Batz (formerly Sun Wukong)
  • Sun Wukong has been removed from the game and a new Mayan Monkey God, Hun Batz, has taken his place on the battlefield. The new Monkey has similar abilities, but there are some important differences. Those players that owned Sun Wukong or any Sun Wukong skin will now own Hun Batz and/or the skin equivalent.

Infused Strikes (Passive): Using an ability gives Hun Batz's next basic attack within the next 5 seconds additional physical damage. The effect can only apply once every 2 seconds. Damage: 25 (+20% of your physical power).
Somersault Hun Batz flips through the air, crashing down at his target location, doing damage to all nearby enemies and slowing them. Damage: 50/90/130/170/210 (+70% of your physical power). Slow: 50%. Slow Duration: 2s. Cost: 60. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s. (1 - .8)
Overhand Smash Hun Batz smashes his staff to the ground in front of him, doing damage to all enemies. Damage: 85/150/215/280/345 (+100% of your physical power). Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8s.
Sacred Monkey Hun Batz commands a monkey through the air that pounces on enemy targets, doing damage on each pounce, hitting each god only once. If the last target is an enemy god, Hun Batz teleports to that target. Damage per hit: 80/125/170/215/260 (+70% of your physical power). Max Targets: 4. Cost: 75/80/85/90/95. Cooldown: 13s.
Fear No Evil Hun Batz summons a totem from the ground to ward off all evil. Any enemy caught within the radius is feared directly away from the totem and takes damage every .25s. Damage per Tick: 40/45/50/55/60 (+15% of your physical power). Lifetime: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s. Cost: 100. Cooldown: 90s.

Updated Map:

The Joust map has undergone significant art revisions. The art style and quality shown in this map reflects the current art style direction of the game. Other elements of the game, including the other maps are expected to undergo changes over future patches to better align them with this style.

New Skins:

• Apollo Golden
  • Hun Batz Red Demon (NOTE: Anyone that owned the Sun Wukong Red Demon skin will receive this skin for free).

New Voice Packs:

• Hun Batz
  • Anhur
  • Bacchus

General:

• The free gods permanently given to new players have changed.
  • For players that create new accounts after the patch, their permanent free gods will be Kali, Ra, Artemis, Ymir and Odin.
  • For players that created accounts before the patch, they will still own (for free) Kali, Ra, Artemis, Ymir and Hun Batz. They will still have to unlock Odin and will not receive him for free.
  • The in-game HUD has undergone visual and layout adjustments. Significant further changes to the in-match UI are planned for future releases.
    All consumables now stack time when consumed. Additional time is added to the end of the duration of the consumable when you consume a new one while the first one was still active. This excludes wards.
  • You may now search for a player's stats by name on the STATS | PROFILE page.
    Athena and Neith have a new targeter for their Ultimates. This treatment should make it easier to identify your target.
  • Fixed issues with team coloring of several FX.
  • Fixed an issue in which gold frames would randomly appear on other players.
  • Fixed an issue in which the most recently released god would never be picked in Random gamemodes (such as Assault).
  • The gold rewards from the monsters in the jungle has been increased by 30%.
  • Players no longer get a last hit bonus from monsters in the jungle.
  • Fixed an issue where minions would not sink into the ground after dying in training mode.
  • Fixed an issue where death animations on a victim would be canceled if the victim was stunned while dead.
  • Diminishing returns will not take any crowd control durations below .5s or the effects initial duration, whichever is lower.
  • The new god rotation is Hades, Loki, Ne Zha, Neith and Zeus.
  • The cell shading effect around players has been removed (along with the Setting to turn this shading on/off).

Spectator Changes

• Fixed an issue where the camera motion of the 3rd person view wasn't smoothing.
  • A beta version of Director Mode is released. To toggle Director Mode, click the movie clapper icon (just to the left of the replay clock).
  • Director Mode will automatically attempt to find the most interesting players to spectate.
    At any point you may interact with the game, which automatically puts Director Mode into stasis. If no additional input is given by the user after several seconds of being in stasis, the director will automatically reassume control over spectating the match.
  • While in Director Mode, the camera view will periodically change between third-person and isometric view modes.

Items:

New Tiered Movement Items

• These items have 2 choices at the top tier:

Boots

Boots of Celerity
  • Price = 1425g
  • +95 Health
  • +95 Mana
  • UNIQUE - +28% Speed while in combat / +40% Speed while out of combat (Speed does not stack with other boots).

Midas Boots
  • Price = 1400g
  • +95 Health
  • +95 Mana
  • UNIQUE - +21% Speed (Speed does not stack with other boots). PASSIVE - Gold per 5 is increased by 6.

Greaves

Plated Greaves
  • Price = 2140g
  • +25 Physical Protection
  • +25 Magical Protection
  • +15 HP5
  • UNIQUE - +21% Speed (Speed does not stack with other boots). PASSIVE - All damage taken is reduced by 5%.

Reinforced Greaves
  • Price = 2095g
  • +25 Physical Protection
  • +25 Magical Protection
  • +15 HP5
  • UNIQUE - +21% Speed / +33% Speed while out of combat (Speed does not stack with other boots).
  • UNIQUE PASSIVE - Resolve - 30% reduction to all crowd control durations.

Shoes

Shoes of Focus
  • Price = 1875g
  • +50 Magical Power
  • +250 Mana
  • UNIQUE - +21% Movement Speed. (Speed does not stack with other boots). PASSIVE - You gain +15% Cooldown Reduction.

Shoes of the Magi
  • Price = 1925g
  • +50 Magical Power
  • +250 Mana
  • UNIQUE - +21% Movement Speed. (Speed does not stack with other boots). PASSIVE - You gain +15 Magical Penetration.

Tabi

Ninja Tabi
  • Price = 2090g
  • +30 Physical Power
  • +9% Attack Speed
  • UNIQUE - +21% Speed (Speed does not stack with other boots). PASSIVE - You gain +7% Critical Strike Chance.

Warrior Tabi
  • Price = 2150g
  • +30 Physical Power
  • +9% Attack Speed
  • UNIQUE - +21% Speed (Speed does not stack with other boots). PASSIVE - You gain +15 Physical Penetration.

Ankh now has a third tier 3 option

Ankh of the Reborn
  • Price = 2135g
  • +50 Physical Protection
  • +450 Health
  • PASSIVE - Your HP5 is doubled for 10 seconds when hit by a basic attack. Can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Consumables

The following potions have had persistent FX added to them while they are active:
Potion of Magical Might
Potion of Physical Might
Superiority Damage
Superiority Protection

Bumba's Mask
  • The price has been increased from 750g to 800g.
  • The passive of this item has been changed to this:
  • PASSIVE - When a jungle camp boss dies, you gain 10% movement speed and 15 MP5 for 30 seconds.
    You are also healed for 10% of any jungle camp monster's max health. If you have an ally nearby, you get the normal gold and XP reward as if you were solo.
    Multiple Bumba's masks will split movement, mp5, and heal.

Death's Toll

Mark of the Vanguard

Vampiric Shroud

Ward
  • Priced at 75g. This item now only reveals enemy movements; it does not reveal enemy wards. Lasts 180 seconds.

Sentry Ward
  • Priced at 75g. Reveals both enemy movements and enemy wards. Lasts 90 seconds.

Gods

Noxious Fumes
  • Fixed an issue in which Noxious Fumes would tick its damage an additional time.
General
  • Anubis' Special FX have been improved.
  • Anubis' basic attacks now deals 35 plus 25% of his magical power as magical damage
    Sorrow
  • Now also grants Anubis 5% magical lifesteal per stack
Plague of Locusts
  • Anubis is immune to knockback effects while channeling
  • Plague of Locusts now hits through walls and barriers

Tornadoes
  • Fixed an issue in which Tornadoes would tick its tornadoes an additional time. This does not affect the number of times the tornado ticks on a player once they are affected. It only affects the amount of time that a player could have a tornado applied to them.

General
  • Some visual adjustments have been made to his model.
Transgressors Fate
  • The range at which Artemis can place traps has been increased from 10ft to 35ft.
    Calydonian Boar
  • Artemis now moves 20% faster for 3 seconds after activation of this ability.
Preemptive Strike
  • Fixed an issue where this ability could hit targets behind her.
    Leaping Lunge
  • Can no longer fire when silenced.
Defender of Olympus
  • The visual presentation when targeting a friendly player has been improved.
    If the targeted player uses a charge, Athena will no longer drop them as a target.
    While using the Defender of Olympus, Athena continues to automatically update her location to her target until she physically lands.
  • If Athena's current target becomes invalid e.g from leaping, performing a special move, etc., but then valid again before she leaves the ground, she will travel to the target's location.
Eat Minions
  • Fixed bug that allowed some ranks to deduct mana in some cases where a minion can't be completely eaten.
  • Fixed issue with tooltip for Rank 1.
  • Freya's model has undergone modest visual improvements (textures only).
Taolu Assault
  • Fixed an issue where Taolu Assault would tick its damage an additional time.
  • Hercules basic attacks have been changed to a melee progression, where his attacks scale at 1/1/1.5x.
  • Loki's basic attacks now use a hit progression with a 1/.5/.5/.5/1.5x timing and damage scale
  • Loki's model has undergone modest visual improvements.
Broken Weave
  • The lifetime for the weaves has been reduced from 2 minutes to 1 minute.
    World Weaver
  • The visual presentation when targeting an enemy player has been improved.
  • A confirmation sound now plays (only for Neith's player) when she successfully hits a target with her World Weaver.
Whirlpool
  • Fixed an issue where the whirlpool would tick its damage an additional time.
    Reduced pull-in value slightly
  • Zeus's model has undergone visual improvements.

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 19, 2013 6:09pm | Report
Wow, so many change. Hun batz seem good with the change of passive
And why do they need to change the permanent free gods? Sun (or now Hun) have the abilities for the new players to learn because it teach when to use leap correctly (more than Odin needs)
The 2 option tier seem not so nice as I see that I don't have anymore critical chance if buying tabi.
And why the starter item is changed in price? Now I can't buy 1 boot, 1 starter item and 1 potion .
The other things seem not so bad as Artemis also gained a bit buff (although not enough)
The funny thing is that the free gods have both Loki and ne zha where a new player certainly cannot counter them (have tried that using 2 account and rent ne zha and Loki and get both 32-7)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 19, 2013 7:27pm | Report
They replaced Sun Wukong because he is going to return in a later patch with a completely overhauled kit and a new design. I was going to mention this in my hot topics thread, until I realized you can't change the title of your thread...

Basically, of all the gods in SMITE, many players felt Sun Wukong was the least accurate in terms of how he was represented contrary to his lore. The party clown we currently have just didn't do justice to what people were familiar with from the Journey to the West, and many people asked for a remake. And we're finally getting that remake.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 19, 2013 8:04pm | Report
Is this patch supposed to be tomorrow? Damn they would make a Anhur voice pack...... my wallet smells it.

As someone else said, I'm not too fond of the increase in price on the starter items, for example I like to start off with Rank 1 Warrior tabi, deaths toll and one health potion when I play Anhur. No I can't.

Why the increase in price, now people are going to play super super passive early game

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TioWidow » June 19, 2013 8:13pm | Report
If will remove one God should add 2, but okay ..
Sun Wukong RIP, RIP Manticore

Apollo gold will be horrible. Others new changes are good !!!

But it will be released tomorrow?

TioWidow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 19, 2013 9:02pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Is this patch supposed to be tomorrow?

TioWidow wrote:

Yes Patch Thursday June 20th

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 19, 2013 9:39pm | Report
I cant wait to see what they do with sun wukong hopefully they actually give him a staff tht changes size!
Bring him back maybe as a ad bruiser but more on the ad side and ill be very happy :)

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 19, 2013 9:55pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Wow, so many change. Hun batz seem good with the change of passive
And why do they need to change the permanent free gods? Sun (or now Hun) have the abilities for the new players to learn because it teach when to use leap correctly (more than Odin needs)
The 2 option tier seem not so nice as I see that I don't have anymore critical chance if buying tabi.
And why the starter item is changed in price? Now I can't buy 1 boot, 1 starter item and 1 potion .
The other things seem not so bad as Artemis also gained a bit buff (although not enough)
The funny thing is that the free gods have both Loki and ne zha where a new player certainly cannot counter them (have tried that using 2 account and rent ne zha and Loki and get both 32-7)

I though I heard that you still can do that because of a boot costing less, but I also really like the potion for myself. If they really didn't wanted to have 2 starter items, than might as well add an option that blocks 2 starter items on the same person :P
I agree about Artemis, and a bit about Ne Zha and Loki, but most new players can't or won't play assassins, because they are such new to the game :P this will increase the effectivity of smurfs, which is very sad, because I hate them :(
TioWidow wrote:

If will remove one God should add 2, but okay ..
Sun Wukong RIP, RIP Manticore

Apollo gold will be horrible. Others new changes are good !!!

RIP Manticere, god of recalling in the middle of the lane and having such a bad AI :(
Sun Wukong isn't removed, he is coming back when he gets reworked. I think Apollo gold will be pretty nice :o

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 19, 2013 10:31pm | Report
theyre better be a refund and or new monkey skin, i payed good money for xaolin monkey. >:(

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » June 19, 2013 10:37pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

theyre better be a refund and or new monkey skin, i payed good money for xaolin monkey. >:(

Not gonna happen.... the skin will just transfere over to hun batz! Its essentially going to be the same god so I dnt mind too much

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }