Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Reveal - Scylla, Horror of the Deep

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » God Reveal - Scylla, Horror of the Deep 56 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 3, 2014 6:19pm | Report
Lol this kid, MaysJedi, ahah. The way he's talking about her appearance, just be happy with it. I thought she was gonna look like that too, but the innocent child design is wonderful as well. aka Nigga gtfo and stfu about the design lol u gay.
what kinda name is Mays Jedi now that i think about it
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 3, 2014 6:23pm | Report
Another ungankable mage, only she's even worse than Agni in that regard.

Odin jumps in and spins to wins.

Scylla: LOL I HAVE MY ULT U MAD BRO KITES FOR DAYZ

Odin uses ultimate.

Scylla: I CAN TELEPORT U MAD? >:3

On a serious note, I wish they would start releasing a mage who also isn't a carry. Seriously.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 3, 2014 6:34pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Another ungankable mage, only she's even worse than Agni in that regard.

Odin jumps in and spins to wins.

Scylla: LOL I HAVE MY ULT U MAD BRO KITES FOR DAYZ

Odin uses ultimate.

Scylla: I CAN TELEPORT U MAD? >:3

On a serious note, I wish they would start releasing a mage who also isn't a carry. Seriously.

Nu Wa?

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 3, 2014 6:43pm | Report
I guess...? I'm not sure if she's a mage ADC or not.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 3, 2014 9:04pm | Report
MaysJedi wrote:

Scylla could have been the best looking god since Geb. A freaking monstrous half naked women with tentacle wolves is the coolest thing ever. Nope, they went the cheap route and went with a boring human little girl who looks like Annie from LoL. Heck, there was picture where someone recolored Scylla's portrait to Annie's hair and eye color and looked exactly the same thing! The "well at least she ain't sexualized" doesn't help her case. The gods who are sexualized are the ones who were about beauty and fertility and greeks are all about sex! The the tentacle wolves look lazily slapped on. They just don't look right on a normal looking little girl. They tentacles look like they fused Kraken tentacles with Fenrir's head. They look bad. I was so freaking hyped about this god that I wouldn't shut up about her . Now I can't stand to watch the reveal video again without barfing.

I'm not getting the part about the design itself being badly executed. I guess I can see how it would be upsetting that there isn't yet another god that you can sit down and masturbate too before a match, but if that's what you wanted. Then Neith is pretty good material already and that should make you excited enough. Maybe if you're into dress up buy her nurse outfit? As far as fitting her character. Sure they changed the lore. So what? They made her frightening. Have you never seen the scary movies with the little girls holding dolls and ****? Yeah. Frightening. At first glance, she is a cute little girl. Next thing you know you have serpents ****ing your face.

It's different. It's an original idea for her. A take no one has taken before. So I'm perfectly happy with how she looks. Like I said. Unless you just can't stand the lack of more fap material every god released. Then I don't get it.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 3, 2014 9:08pm | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

Lol this kid, MaysJedi, ahah. The way he's talking about her appearance, just be happy with it. I thought she was gonna look like that too, but the innocent child design is wonderful as well. aka Nigga gtfo and stfu about the design lol u gay.
what kinda name is Mays Jedi now that i think about it

A name more original than RagingStorm and Scylla's design put together.
#stfubeforeugetsmackedthe****up
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 3, 2014 9:13pm | Report
MaysJedi wrote:
Now I can't stand to watch the reveal video again without barfing.

I can understand why some people wouldn't like her design. I don't agree with them as I actually do like her design, but I understand that some peoples' opinions differ than mine.

That being said, I'm actually laughing at how much you're overreacting to it with statements like this.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 3, 2014 9:20pm | Report
Mages are kinda by definition carry, dude. Unless you mean a supporty type mage.

Which would be Nu Wa, Chang'E, and Isis, just to name some recent ones.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 3, 2014 9:31pm | Report
I agree with Soap. I love the balance. We are too serious as a community with our gods - there's not much variation in the designs. A lot of people have complained about this. "Every woman is too sexualized and the guys are either scrawny and lean, some macho man, or a very random exceptoin like Bacchus. EVERYONE IS THE SAME!!!1! QQ" then they provide someone who breaks the mold and you complain!? Whyyy??

There are a lot of instances of child-like gods. Scylla may have been altered, but it isn't bad. I like the evil little child, that is the basis of some of the scariest horror things ever. A child is innocent, pure, and genuine. When you take this away and make it demonic, it rustles the very foundations of our security. When ultimate evil is hidden by what we consider so heavenly, it scares us.

But even past that, so what if it's a little kid? It's fun. It's innocent and childlike. Not everyone has to be super cool or terrifying, it can just be fun. Look at LoL, there's annie and the entire yordle race, and people play Annie and Lulu a lot.

Just get over it, if you dislike it just play a different champ. You can't expect them to have only one style and the game to not feel old.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 3, 2014 9:36pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

I'm not getting the part about the design itself being badly executed. I guess I can see how it would be upsetting that there isn't yet another god that you can sit down and masturbate too before a match, but if that's what you wanted. Then Neith is pretty good material already and that should make you excited enough. Maybe if you're into dress up buy her nurse outfit? As far as fitting her character. Sure they changed the lore. So what? They made her frightening. Have you never seen the scary movies with the little girls holding dolls and ****? Yeah. Frightening. At first glance, she is a cute little girl. Next thing you know you have serpents ****ing your face.

It's different. It's an original idea for her. A take no one has taken before. So I'm perfectly happy with how she looks. Like I said. Unless you just can't stand the lack of more fap material every god released. Then I don't get it.

Its not original. Scarey girl,wow, never seen that before. I don't even own any of the sexualized gods and I don't like sexualized gods because of "oh boy,dats hewt,fap away!" because it is accurate minus the high heels and clothes. The female I play the most is Artemis, the one who is fully clothed! Heck, I don't like Nemesis and Nu Wa because the sexualization of them is very wrong! I'am saying Scylla sexualized a bit is closer to what I have seen to being accurate since she is drawn all nude, like a pure creature of uncanny corrupt nature. Creatures are nude, deal with it and Smite could have covered her breasts with long hair like Arachne. Most of the time, I don't mind if anything is highly lore accurate when it comes to design. Bakasura is not potrayed in Smite as a crane or a big giant but a small hooded terrifying monster with razor sharp teeth and clothes made of ****ing flesh (METAL!!!!) but has many hindu art influences and is one of the best in designs next to Geb and extremely creative. Its fine to go far from the usual depiction as long as it is done incredibly well and I can go " yeah, that is honestly reasonable " Scylla as a small angry little girl is nothing great or scary or original, it is laughable at best. The real Scylla is way more scary than this loli Annie wannabe.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }