Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Reveal - Scylla, Horror of the Deep

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » God Reveal - Scylla, Horror of the Deep 56 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 3, 2014 2:54pm | Report
I must say I really love their take on this myth. The character seems really fun, but also awesome when you go ult mode and whack someone to death. :P I love the wolf heads and how she pets them!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » March 3, 2014 3:13pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Finally a Burst Mage.

*cough* He Bo *cough*

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 3, 2014 3:21pm | Report
I think he was making a joke? Pretty much every mage under the sun has the ability to put out a fair amount of burst damage. :P

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 3, 2014 3:28pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Actually, I like the change. Some people might know, that I dislike ''cutie'' things, but I like the change. Enough oversexualized goddess.

This.

Putting aside her youthful look, her design is still pretty unique for the reason quoted. I think it fits fairly well with the way they chose to do her lore. Her lore is quite a change from some of the more well known stories behind her, but considering most gods have different variations to their lore, it's not like it's completely out of bounds the way they made her.

So, I actually like this look for her, and it definitely adds a comical effect because of the fact she's depicted as a little girl at the same time as being this horrible, brutal monster.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 3, 2014 4:15pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

*cough* He Bo *cough*

There's He Bo, yes. But he's old, and I hate him. I've my reasons for that.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 3, 2014 4:19pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Actually, I like the change. Some people might know, that I dislike ''cutie'' things, but I like the change. Enough oversexualized goddess.

I would rather choose the oversexualized gods over this loli garbage.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » March 3, 2014 4:21pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

I like scylla's design. Yeah hirez kindof ****ed around with her lore but this isn't the first time they did that and it won't be the last.

She is supposed to be a monster and pure evil and seriously what is scarier then A LITTLE GIRL THAT WANTS TO VICIOUSLY MURDER YOU WHO USES 3 SNAKE TENTECLE'S WITH WOLF HEADS AT THE END THAT SHE HIDES UNDER HER DRESS?! (YES HER DRESS)

So, then she has no v-... Oh nvm.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 3, 2014 4:31pm | Report
MaysJedi wrote:

I would rather choose the oversexualized gods over this loli garbage.

I don't get why you hate on this so much. You have given zero reasons as to why you don't like her. o.O
Still feel like this is just trolling.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 3, 2014 5:30pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

I don't get why you hate on this so much. You have given zero reasons as to why you don't like her. o.O

Lots of people just have a dislike for immaturity, and seeing childlike characters often reminds them of that.
The irony of course is that they're being just as immature as a child for expressing that dislike.
Then of course there's the fact that people just wish to be rid of any traces of their own childhood... I can keep going on and possibly quite a memorable C.S. Lewis saying, but I'm going to cut that short.

As for my opinion on Scylla, none of you have any idea how long I've waited for a character like her after seeing all the previous oversexualized characters. Granted I play Nu Wa and Freya a lot, but there needed to be more female variety: it's a sad thing when I can say animes have more female diversity than SMITE.

Regarding her kit: If there is such a thing as an assassin mage in SMITE, it's Scylla. Good mobility plus strong burst that's generally focused on killing a single targets, and enough CC to lock down that enemy for that burst.
Her weakness seems to be that most of her damage is very reliant on landing her 1, which is a line skillshot that while it has a good travelling speed, can still be evaded. Without her root+cripple, I'd imagine it's difficult for her to keep anyone in place to do damage with her 2 (unless she can dead-center it), and her ult has quite a bit of windup, much like the Kraken (can easily be Aegis'd). CC immunity in general would be the bane of her existence as it is with Anubis, except she actually has a mobility skill!
And that's probably the only thing that could be a little OP: her 3's dash has a pretty long distance when you consider how she can just latch onto it any time so long as it's still up... I sense some insane chasing/retreating shenanigans can be employed with that skill.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 3, 2014 5:33pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Scylla could have been the best looking god since Geb. A freaking monstrous half naked women with tentacle wolves is the coolest thing ever. Nope, they went the cheap route and went with a boring human little girl who looks like Annie from LoL. Heck, there was picture where someone recolored Scylla's portrait to Annie's hair and eye color and looked exactly the same thing! The "well at least she ain't sexualized" doesn't help her case. The gods who are sexualized are the ones who were about beauty and fertility and greeks are all about sex! The the tentacle wolves look lazily slapped on. They just don't look right on a normal looking little girl. They tentacles look like they fused Kraken tentacles with Fenrir's head. They look bad. I was so freaking hyped about this god that I wouldn't shut up about her . Now I can't stand to watch the reveal video again without barfing.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }