Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chronos Patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Chronos Patch 34 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 10, 2013 9:45pm | Report
I fight for the idea forum since that's where I started!

I cannot believe Smite developers ignoring these idea forums so much.
Ever noticed how a game does amazingly well if the community gets input?

Steam has the workshop which is the best damn idea out there!

Learn from others Hi-Rez!
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 10, 2013 11:16pm | Report
You must remember this is not an official forums of hi-rez so they might also not looking at anything here

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 11, 2013 12:03am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

You must remember this is not an official forums of hi-rez so they might also not looking at anything here

feels the same there as it does here though sometimes they do take an idea from those forums but thats very rare. the new starter item i think they made that because people were thinking of an item just like bumba's mask but for laning, it seems a bit to coincedantle to me that hirez just thought a new starter item needed to help a laner.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 12, 2013 5:48am | Report
@Raze

also true... Chronos looks interesting. Going home! 10 hour flight
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 13, 2013 1:55pm | Report
There's a reason why I never visit the God and Item Ideas subforum of this site, and that is simply because I know it is just going to disappoint me no matter what. Because HiRez will never read those threads, it doesn't matter how awesome your ideas are. In fact, the more awesome it is, the more disappointing it will be because I know that it's never going to find it's way into the game, and in the end it all ends up being a big tease.

Honestly, if you really want to get your ideas out there, you should consider posting them on the official SMITE forums, or the SMITE reddit which I hear is also popular and gets looked at by HiRez too.
There are a lot of things that have been suggested on the official forums that found their way into the game. You know that awesome Feaster Bunny skin for Bakasura? That originally started off as a drawing by some fan artist, which picked up a lot of popularity around the forum, eventually catching the eyes of HiRez (Bart even showed a pic of the drawing at one point), and it eventually found it's way into the game as a seasonal skin. Baseball Hercules was also suggested by players there. Point is, if you really think your ideas are worth something, you should take them to the official forums.

Okay, actual patch feedback?

Chronos is fun. Not a very strong mage, but those Rewind shenanigans can really mess with people.

Everything else is kind eh, and it worries me. The changes to the jungle are not addressing the heart of the problem, which is the fact Conquest has become centralized around junglers and Bumba's Mask. An item which allows too many gods that shouln't be allowed to jungle like Thor and He Bo the ability to do so, and it's really broken the balance of the game. Actually, what's even worse is the fact that jungling is so broken, that you can run two junglers, and it's super-effective!

All HiRez has been doing is applying band-aids. You can't just slap in items or some other small adjustment and say everything's okay now. Watcher's Gift is a poor solution to the lane gold problem because it only works in the duo lane, only if your lanemate last-hits, and it doesn't give you enough of a gold bonus to warrant sacrificing something like boots or Mark of the Vanguard. In duo jungler games, there won't even be a duo lane to use this in! I'm not even addressing the fact that laning is still really boring and has been for about six weeks now.

I'm still sticking to Domination and Assault. I've actually been getting into Arena lately, a mode I used to really dislike, and that's very saddening to say I'm liking Arena more than Conquest, which I used to play so much.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 13, 2013 2:27pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

I'm still sticking to Domination and Assault. I've actually been getting into Arena lately, a mode I used to really dislike, and that's very saddening to say I'm liking Arena more than Conquest, which I used to play so much.

ever since I played smite I liked domination and arena better than the actual conquest xD

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 13, 2013 2:51pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Watcher's Gift is a poor solution to the lane gold problem because it only works in the duo lane, only if your lanemate last-hits, and it doesn't give you enough of a gold bonus to warrant sacrificing something like boots or Mark of the Vanguard. In duo jungler games, there won't even be a duo lane to use this in!

Yeah the new item is pretty dumb (if it is supposed to make laning more efficient). The best use of it would be in the jungle I think, if you are going duo-jungle. And use it on the support, that's at least what I'm going to try out when I get the chance :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 13, 2013 3:08pm | Report

Yeah the new item is pretty dumb (if it is supposed to make laning more efficient). The best use of it would be in the jungle I think, if you are going duo-jungle. And use it on the support, that's at least what I'm going to try out when I get the chance :P

Jungle no longer gives last hit bonuses I heard.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 13, 2013 3:10pm | Report
I think honestly everything is a poor solution here lol
I am not really enjoying the game since the fenrir update as much as I used to anymore.
Also, just tell me, which god should jungle at all? NONE! Smite was fine without jungling and new map. The new gods all being op is also very much irritating :'(

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 13, 2013 4:21pm | Report

I think honestly everything is a poor solution here lol
I am not really enjoying the game since the fenrir update as much as I used to anymore.
Also, just tell me, which god should jungle at all? NONE! Smite was fine without jungling and new map. The new gods all being op is also very much irritating :'(

The new gods always are OP. Hercules, Xbalanque( that guy was a CHEAP BASTARD in the release), and so on.

But hey, jungling is still fun... No?... Well...

And now people are instalocking Chronos, and I'm not playing mages( except Anubis), since only a few of them got magical AA, the others are quite ''weak'' compared to those with Magical AA. Get rid of magical AA, HiRez, or give it to all mages once for all.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }