Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang Patch Notes (November 19th, 2014)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Ao Kuang Patch Notes (November 19th, 2014) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 20, 2014 11:55am | Report
New in Smite: A Mighty Sword!
By Hirez AT | Nov 19, 2014

Lore

Ao Kuang

King's Sword (Passive)

Ao Kuang's sword can hold up to 3 Energy Charges, and regenerates charges while out of combat. Each time Ao Kuang casts an ability, an energy charge will be consumed if available, increasing the damage of the ability by 5%. If Ao Kuang is out of mana, he will use Energy Charges to cast abilities instead.

Water Illusion

Ao Kuang teleports forward into stealth, leaving behind a watery form of himself. He remains in stealth for 5s or until he attacks or takes damage. Ao Kuang may activate this ability again to detonate the watery form, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 +70% of his Magical Power as damage to nearby enemies. Cost: 70. Cooldown: 15s.

Dragon Call

Ao Kuang summons 6 dragons to his side. For every successful basic attack Ao Kuang makes, a dragon will dive to the target dealing 40/60/80/100/120 +30% of his Magical Power as damage. This ability ends after all dragons are used, or after 10s. Ao Kuang may activate this ability again to send forward any remaining dragons in a ranged attack, dealing 50% damage per dragon and Slowing 30% for 1s the first enemy hit. The slow duration increases +.25s for each remaining dragon that was sent forward. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s.

Wild Storm

Ao Kuang unleashes a storm of lightning from his sword, damaging all enemies in front of him for 90/140/190/240/290 + 50% of his Magical Power. This hit is considered a basic attack, and will activate item effects and send forth dragons from Dragon Call. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 5s.

King of the Eastern Seas

Ao Kuang selects a single target in melee range and grabs them, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 +50% of his Magical Power as damage and knocking them up into the air. If the target is under a health threshold of 23/26/29/32/35%, Ao Kuang will instead reveal his true form, becoming a Dragon and executing them. After transforming Ao Kuang remains in the air, and may then pick a new location to land, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 +50% of his Magical Power as damage to enemies within range 20, and fully recharging King’s Sword. Cost: 90/100/110/120/130. Cooldown: 90s.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 20, 2014 4:13pm | Report
Previous discussion

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 20, 2014 5:08pm | Report
I was half way done with coding the whole thing :D, want me to just pm you when I'm done so you can edit this?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 20, 2014 5:24pm | Report
Yeah, that'd be great. Though there's a bug in the PM system preventing you from creating a new message right now that is being worked on. So just send it through any chain we already have open.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2014 8:12am | Report
As for the other changes, I agree with Aeadar in that they're too small to be effective in any capacity. Freya still gets a free hit. Cupid still is a bad ADC, because having an easily interrupted ultimate was the least of his problems. Mercury is still OP.

What I don't get, is what even if these changes were substantial nerfs, it's easy to see how it still wouldn't fix the main problem. For example, Merc's nerf was intended to reduce the number of free hits he gets when knocking them up a wall (aside from the air time, literally noting was changed). But even with the change, he has the best assassin's CC in the game by far, he's still the best duelist in the game except for Kali, and he's still OP because of everything else in his kit.

Serqet gets 5% less shred and 15% less scaling on her 135% scaling skill, oh noes. Nu Wa's ultimate is still a problem, and I have no clue why they reduced the base damage and contributions, which clearly are not the problem, instead of, I dunno, the explosion damage, or the AoE stun duration, or the ridiculous 75 MR shred, or the KS ult of snowballing.

I don't understand. These tiny buffs and nerfs aren't anywhere near what we need. We can have ten consecutive patches with little changes like this, and these gods will still be unbalanced. Even if Cupid has zero cast time ultimate, even if Freya got zero free hits, and even if Merc's 3 just teleported them to target location instead of having any air time, these gods would still be unbalanced. (In fact, Merc's change wasn't really a nerf or a buff, since having the target move faster is a good thing.)

What's funny about this is how HiRez calls them "a fairly substantial change(s)." As Swampmist said before, Freya only gets more than one hit if getting a completely full attack speed build WITH speed buff. Even with Telkhines + D. Grip + Fatalist + Speed, you still can't get more than one hit. Reducing the air time slightly does literally nothing, because from what I can tell, you need Witch Blade and Winged Blade and Speed Buff and to be at melee range to get two hits.

They think that turning Freya's single free hit into...a single free hit is a "fairly substantial change."

^ Whole patch right here.

tl;dr: Patch changes are too ineffective by far. Wrong things were changed (Nu Wa, Cupid, Mercury) and/or they were changed too little (Everyone). HiRez calls them "substantial changes," despite being anything but.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2014 8:12am | Report
As for the other changes, I agree with Aeadar in that they're too small to be effective in any capacity. Freya still gets a free hit. Cupid still is a bad ADC, because having an easily interrupted ultimate was the least of his problems. Mercury is still OP.

What I don't get, is what even if these changes were substantial nerfs, it's easy to see how it still wouldn't fix the main problem. For example, Merc's nerf was intended to reduce the number of free hits he gets when knocking them up a wall (aside from the air time, literally noting was changed). But even with the change, he has the best assassin's CC in the game by far, he's still the best duelist in the game except for Kali, and he's still OP because of everything else in his kit.

Serqet gets 5% less shred and 15% less scaling on her 135% scaling skill, oh noes. Nu Wa's ultimate is still a problem, and I have no clue why they reduced the base damage and contributions, which clearly are not the problem, instead of, I dunno, the explosion damage, or the AoE stun duration, or the ridiculous 75 MR shred, or the KS ult of snowballing.

I don't understand. These tiny buffs and nerfs aren't anywhere near what we need. We can have ten consecutive patches with little changes like this, and these gods will still be unbalanced. Even if Cupid has zero cast time ultimate, even if Freya got zero free hits, and even if Merc's 3 just teleported them to target location instead of having any air time, these gods would still be unbalanced. (In fact, Merc's change wasn't really a nerf or a buff, since having the target move faster is a good thing.)

What's funny about this is how HiRez calls them "a fairly substantial change(s)." As Swampmist said before, Freya only gets more than one hit if getting a completely full attack speed build WITH speed buff. Even with Telkhines + D. Grip + Fatalist + Speed, you still can't get more than one hit. Reducing the air time slightly does literally nothing, because from what I can tell, you need Witch Blade and Winged Blade and Speed Buff and to be at melee range to get two hits.

They think that turning Freya's single free hit into...a single free hit is a "fairly substantial change."

tl;dr: Patch changes are too ineffective by far. Wrong things were changed (Nu Wa, Cupid, Mercury) and/or they were changed too little (Everyone). HiRez calls them "substantial changes," despite being anything but.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 21, 2014 9:17am | Report
BY THE POWER OF DOUBLE POSTS! I AM here to tell you you made a double post :3
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 21, 2014 10:49am | Report
Double. Double! DOUBLE! DOUBLE POSTS, HO!
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 21, 2014 12:14pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Hi-Rez calling them substantial changes is sort of deceptive and incorrect, but as we discussed earlier, making too many steps too fast and you get an Ah Muzen Cab situation.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }