Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang Patch Notes 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 14, 2014 2:54pm | Report
..go read the new news post for patch notes.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 14, 2014 3:18pm | Report
SockpuppeTyr? Really Hi-Rez? I didn't think my opinion of them could get any lower.

The new Ao might be cool though, looking forward to that at least.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 14, 2014 3:19pm | Report
Precious Serqet :/.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingLion » November 14, 2014 10:07pm | Report
Nu Wa nerf! So happy :)

KingLion

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 15, 2014 1:29am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Precious Serqet :/.

CHAKRAS, CHAKRAS, CHAKRAS! SERQET NERF TASTE GOOD, YUM!
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2014 4:54am | Report
Not gonna lie, Ao Kuang is looking like a sexy new main

Attack Chain fast as ****

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 15, 2014 7:29am | Report
I'm certainly looking forward to him
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » November 19, 2014 4:48pm | Report
Ao's 2 can do up to 720+180% magical power if he uses all dragons on one target. I ran him through a practice mode and his 2 was doing 1500 damage total.

I suspect a nerf is gonna happen, that is a huge number.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 20, 2014 12:58pm | Report
What do I think about New Ao?

Passive is disappointing in that it doesn't do much.

His one is better than I thought. An instant, although short-ranged blink, with stealth. It's not broken, exactly, as at least you can't cast or get hit while stealthed, and while playing him, I didn't really use it for the stealth much, but it still is a very bloated skill. Of course, this may change down the line was people begin to learn how to play him and how to abuse his stealth.

His two is ridiculous. As someone else mentioned, it's 720 damage + 180% MP scalings. Keep in mind that Ao's swing chain is designed to abuse this, getting x1/x0.5/x0.5. This make his level 1 jungle clear ridiculously fast, and his damage in general ridiculous. His three is boring and really a part of his two, which feels amazingly pointless.

Basically, if you can get all autos onto a target, he's overpowered as hell, outstripping Freya by a mile. It's hard to calculate exactly how much contributions he has in a gank, but he feels like he deals way too much damage with his 2 in general, definitely for his autoattacks, and maybe the recast, as well.

He can have anywhere from 50% from his clone, 180% from his 2, and 50% from his three, for 280% of his magical power, not counting his execution ultimate. When we add in the 20 + 10 + 10 + 20 + 20 + 10% of his magical power from his six basic attacks, it's 370% of his magical power in a gank.

At minimum, he has 80% from his empowered 3 and 75% from his 2's recast, for a total of 155% of his magical power. This is only his two and three with no basic attacks at all.

The answer is somewhere between the two. A numerical average is 262.5% of his magical power.

But what makes him OP, to me, is his execution ultimate. He essentially has similar scalings to most junglers or mages on the surface, but unlike them, he doesn't have to take out all of their health, and his potential damage is better than anyone else's in the game.

tl;dr: His ultimate lets him afford to deal less damage than other junglers, and yet he still deals more damage than most junglers anyway. He also has too much in his kit IMO, with his stealth and blink. Of course, it's too early to tell since people are learning how to play him, what works with his build, whether to use his ult to engage or not, etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 20, 2014 2:15pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

What do I think about New Ao?

Passive is disappointing in that it doesn't do much.

His one is better than I thought. An instant, although short-ranged blink, with stealth. It's not broken, exactly, as at least you can't cast or get hit while stealthed, and while playing him, I didn't really use it for the stealth much, but it still is a very bloated skill. Of course, this may change down the line was people begin to learn how to play him and how to abuse his stealth.

His two is ridiculous. As someone else mentioned, it's 720 damage + 180% MP scalings. Keep in mind that Ao's swing chain is designed to abuse this, getting x1/x0.5/x0.5. This make his level 1 jungle clear ridiculously fast, and his damage in general ridiculous. His three is boring and really a part of his two, which feels amazingly pointless.

Basically, if you can get all autos onto a target, he's overpowered as hell, outstripping Freya by a mile. It's hard to calculate exactly how much contributions he has in a gank, but he feels like he deals way too much damage with his 2 in general, definitely for his autoattacks, and maybe the recast, as well.

He can have anywhere from 50% from his clone, 180% from his 2, and 50% from his three, for 280% of his magical power, not counting his execution ultimate. When we add in the 20 + 10 + 10 + 20 + 20 + 10% of his magical power from his six basic attacks, it's 370% of his magical power in a gank.

At minimum, he has 80% from his empowered 3 and 75% from his 2's recast, for a total of 155% of his magical power. This is only his two and three with no basic attacks at all.

The answer is somewhere between the two. A numerical average is 262.5% of his magical power.

But what makes him OP, to me, is his execution ultimate. He essentially has similar scalings to most junglers or mages on the surface, but unlike them, he doesn't have to take out all of their health, and his potential damage is better than anyone else's in the game.

tl;dr: His ultimate lets him afford to deal less damage than other junglers, and yet he still deals more damage than most junglers anyway. He also has too much in his kit IMO, with his stealth and blink. Of course, it's too early to tell since people are learning how to play him, what works with his build, whether to use his ult to engage or not, etc.

I agree, personally I think CC heavy teams and gods with high mobility will be able to counter his sticking potential.

For example, ganking agni would be a waste because the second you appear he can put down fumes and dash away.

I think he is op but I also think some gods and good play will balance him out a bit. While his numbers are insane, he can at least be countered easily enough.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }