Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Where can I find a Glossary of Terms and a Jungle Map?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Where can I find a Glossary of Terms and a Jungle Map? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 25, 2013 5:07am | Report
Does a comprehensive glossary of terms exist for Smite? If so, where can I find it? If not, it really ought to exist, and it should explain how everything works so that people do not need to ask lots of questions often times only to get uncertain or conflicting answers. I am new to gaming, but it seems sort of ridiculous to me that any game can come out without rules and an explanation of how it is played. For example, how can I itemize a character if I do not know what physical penetration is and does or the difference between a percentage of phys pen, as with Titan's Bane, and straight pen, as with Focused Void Blade. No need to answer that. I have finally chased down the answer, but the point is I shouldn't have to chase it down or ask anyone. I should be able to look it up in an official reference.
Playing games is not a good way to begin to familiarize yourself with the jungle as it pretty much guarantees you will mess up the game for you team mates.

New players, aka. "noobs," take a lot of salt from other players, but new players are the life blood of the game and the business. It seems a very unhealthy situation when they are not welcomed. I understand that new players can mess up games for people, but rather than piss and moan about it, HighRez should really be providing the tools and information new players need to progress more quickly.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 25, 2013 9:25am | Report
The video below was posted by Hi-Rez about the same time that SMITE was released. It contains information about several things in the game, like Abilities, Items & Actives, Jungling, Teamwork, differences between the roles and a lot more. Even though it's somewhat out-dated when it comes to the minimap, it still contains the information needed to be able to play the game, and they will most likely make a new video once it gets out of beta.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 25, 2013 10:28am | Report
Piederman, I appreciate the response. I have seen this before but consider it totally inadequate. I am looking for a comprehensive guide, which I now believe does not exist. They should make one as I have suggested elsewhere.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 25, 2013 10:39am | Report
There's a community-made glossary that might be somewhat useful. It's not perfect and I think it was made with League of Legends in mind, though.

No idea about where to find the map.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 27, 2013 6:48pm | Report
Thanks. I did not find it of any real benefit though. I'll just wait till HighRez gets up to speed on this stuff.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kyllax » October 14, 2013 4:44am | Report
I just found this the other day. I hope it's more along the lines of what you're looking for.

Smite Mechanics

P.S. I'm working on a YT series that I used to help me learn Smite better. I'd love to get some feedback on it from newer players since that's who it's geared towards.

kyllax

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 19, 2013 7:58am | Report
Here is the map at least ;)

IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 29, 2013 12:45pm | Report
Is the CD buff still in the game?
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2013 12:56pm | Report
I've been planning to make an Anti-Noob Guide, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. After all, people who usually go into SMITEFire are already past their noob stage of their growth. It would be useless to 99% of this site.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 29, 2013 1:37pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

Is the CD buff still in the game?

Nope, the cdr buff was replaced with blue. But it's the same map, except that the lanes on the map is the same length (no short or long lane).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }