Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Laptop help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Smite Laptop help 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » September 10, 2015 4:07pm | Report
Hey everyone. I have finally gotten Smite downloaded on Laptop. I played a few games and its really hard to combo abilities. With Nieth it was pretty easy, kinda. But then I was playing Serqet and it was pretty much a bad day.

My Settings are:
W= Move Forward
S= Backpedal
A= Left Strafe
D= Right Strafe
Space Bar= Jump
The first 4 numbers are abilities.
Its so weird.
And I use the track pad to aim and all.
Curious to what you guys customized your settings to.
Thanks for any feedback and help.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » September 10, 2015 4:25pm | Report
I just use default. The only thing I really changed is the Profanity filter because people who try to curse you out for no reason amuses me. But its hard huh? Yeah that will happen, you will just get used to it, and Serqet is no easy god to use (speaking from experience here). Usually after a while I got used to how the abilities worked that I put some on Quick Casting. Makes it quicker.

Also you REALLY need a mouse. I had a pad for the first 3 weeks and it was horrible to say the least. Only thing I could use was the hunters. Maybe if you had a mouse things would be a lot easier.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Moonsyne » September 10, 2015 4:30pm | Report
One of the reasons may be the track pad imo. I've found it hard in the past to aim well with those. Otherwise, it's simply practice for a lot of those. Although it may seem advantageous for xbox players to have full control of their movement while activating things, similar feats are easily done for wasd. I often find my fingers automatically moving to the ability keys even while moving. Although my middle finger can easily reach them all, you'll often have to fill in with the other two or even your pinkie in dire situations. Learning to rely less on strafing can also help if you have trouble moving and activating abilities. For some abilities and playstyles, you may consider making what abilities you can instant cast once you get familiar enough with targeting.

Moonsyne

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 11, 2015 9:28am | Report
I'm going to state that you really need a controller (some people use another sort of controller but I forgot the name) or a mouse.

I would actually recommend this for every game as you won't have misclicks as fast.
It does take to get some used to use abilities while walking but it's something you should get used too.
(even in LoL or DotA for activating items the best keys are those around your ability keys and there you should also be able to fire the ability at any time (meaning you need to be able to push the button fast which 1-6 (LoL items) do pretty well or you should bind them on z-n (dota's items) however comobing is harder with 1 finger.))

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Spreago » September 11, 2015 10:48am | Report
I use a razer naga and its perfect. I never misclick an ability

Spreago

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 11, 2015 1:43pm | Report
If you want a really luxury feeling experience when playing smite I'd recommend a razer Tartarus if you can afford it. It lets you map the movement to your thumb and keep all your abilities really easy to use since they're constantly within your fingertips (and with some fidgeting you can still use the vgs just fine). Otherwise though a mouse is a priority, for smite anything will do really.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 12, 2015 2:22am | Report
Spreago wrote:

I use a razer naga and its perfect. I never misclick an ability

that isn't a touchpad from a laptop but it's a really great mouse if you don't want to use your movement hand (as you use abilities with your tumb)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 12, 2015 3:44am | Report
Mouse, wasd, 1eqf, 23, gmousebuttonx.

And jump does not do anything btw. Except look funny.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 12, 2015 8:23am | Report

And jump does not do anything btw. Except look funny.

your wrong it makes for good jump parties at the start of a match before minions spawn especially in assault

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 12, 2015 10:05am | Report
That is true lol
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }