Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ratatoskr jungle help?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Ratatoskr jungle help? 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by allicastery » November 26, 2015 12:30pm | Report
I'm not extremely new to smite but I am very, very bad. I play with a friend so ever since I was level 11 I was thrown into a pit of level 30s and given advice on what to buy. I've improved since then but there is still one thing I can't figure out, jungling. I've watched so many tutorials but I just don't understand it. I really like Ratatoskr (specifically with opal acorn) so I want to learn to jungle with him. Any help would be appreciated.
"I AM SO FLUFFY! Bahahahaha!"

allicastery

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 26, 2015 1:13pm | Report
Hi ! Well, you've come to the right place ! I believe we have 2-3 jungle mains here (?), me included, so hopefully we can give you some tips !

At least in my experience, Jungling is like a Yu-Gi-Oh episode, you gotta believe in " The Heart Of The Cards ", or, in this case, your own heart. Jungling will never be the same, since your decisions are the decisions that will sky-rocket your team early game. With Ratatoskr, you want to gank lanes that are really pushed back, but gank when you know that the enemy left a breach for an attack. Like the enemy Xbalanque's Rising Jaguar is down, or the enemy Ares used he's No Escape already.

It's also smart to, when you decide to gank, leave a ward on the "entry-side" you decided to gank from. So, if the enemy jungler decides to show up, you'll know it.

Remember to get your 2 to maxed as much as you can early game, since it's gonna be your entire clear.

Keep your ult for escaping or STEALING a Gold Fury from the enemy team. Never use your ult in the middle of the enemy team or they'll just melt you down, like anyway does to a Apollo using Across The Sky.

Need more specific tips ? Just ask ! ^^
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by allicastery » November 26, 2015 1:31pm | Report
One of the major issues I have when I've been trying to jungle is that I always just get really far behind, I'm not sure how much this is just me though because someone ALWAYS dcs so it's 4v5 and really spread out. I guess I just don't understand when it's time to pick up harpies or buffs?

allicastery

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 26, 2015 1:35pm | Report
allicastery wrote:

One of the major issues I have when I've been trying to jungle is that I always just get really far behind, I'm not sure how much this is just me though because someone ALWAYS dcs so it's 4v5 and really spread out. I guess I just don't understand when it's time to pick up harpies or buffs?

Do it in between ganks. If a lane needs your help, do a buff in the middle of the way, sure, but don't just stay on the jungle or just stay ganking, you need to measure your actions.

To not get behind, you need to make sure you do 1 or more of the gank's objectives

Objective 1 : Killing a Enemy
Objective 2 : Pushing the enemy back FOR GOOD
Objective 3 : Defend a lane if the ally had to VSTB
Objective 4 : Force a rotation from the enemy team and to not loose anyone in the teamfight ( With this, you put your enemy seriously behind in farm )

Anything else ?
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nanoyam » November 26, 2015 1:35pm | Report
I recommend to take a look to Zilby's Ratatoskr guide. There you can find different builds with different acorns. There is also pretty good gameplay tactics for Ratatoskr jungle, and explanations how each one of the acorns work.

Although, I believe Prism can give you some good advices and tips with jungling.
Need help with guidecrafting? Need Review? Read my Guide!

nanoyam

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 26, 2015 1:40pm | Report
nanoyam wrote:

I recommend to take a look to Zilby's Ratatoskr guide. There you can find different builds with different acorns. There is also pretty good gameplay tactics for Ratatoskr jungle, and explanations how each one of the acorns work.

Although, I believe Prism can give you some good advices and tips with jungling.

I also recommend hearing to all of Baenoyam's recommendations !

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nanoyam » November 26, 2015 1:54pm | Report

I also recommend hearing to all of Baenoyam's recommendations !

Who's dat? :D

Had to...
Need help with guidecrafting? Need Review? Read my Guide!

nanoyam

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by allicastery » November 26, 2015 1:58pm | Report
I don't think so, I think I just have to practice a TON. I actually just played a game with a 12:2 kd which isn't bad i guess but I still have a way to go :3 ty for your help~

allicastery

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 26, 2015 2:01pm | Report
Np ! ^.^

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by allicastery » November 26, 2015 2:04pm | Report
And just one thing...is it just me or did anyone else feel the need to hug their computer screen/tv when Ratatoskr's Ragnatoskr skin came out.

allicastery

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }