Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need help finding the right god for me

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Need help finding the right god for me 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silly Siji » January 16, 2016 5:13pm | Report
So I've been playing Smite for about 2 months now. To say I've become engrossed by this game is an under-statement. To get to the point. I need help finding a good that suits my play style. I've been toying with Sobek here lately but I find he doesn't do enough damage for me. Perhaps I'm not building his kit right.

I love being able to initiate team fights. I'm very aggressive therefore I like being in the thick of it. I enjoy tanks and warriors alike. However I prefer a versatile god capable of rushing in but not afraid of being ganked solo. I play every class, however here of late I've noticed fewer people playing gods capable of initiating. Right now my go to's are Odin and Sobek. I've tried Xing Tian I kind of like him. Haven't messed with Ares I see too many of them. Kind of a turn off. I like Sylvannus but I think he's too passive for me. Kehpri feels too little dps. Any suggestions from a well informed player will be much appreciated

Silly Siji

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 16, 2016 5:43pm | Report
Maybe you should play Sun Wukong or (as much as I hate to say this) Bellona for a starter and progress through all the other warriors with Ravana and Osiris when you get to a expert level.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 17, 2016 1:29am | Report
Seems like pretty much any warrior would be perfect for your playstyle, as they're all about being in the middle of the action dishing out damage (not as much as a Mage or hunter, but more than a guardian) and making life difficult for the other team with CC and other utilities, while taking plenty of punishment themselves

Like Stuke said, Sun Wukong is a brilliant warrior and one of the most versatile gods in the game. He can just about do whatever you want him to really, as he has a really versatile and exciting kit.
Again, like Stuke said Bellona is another god worth trying. She is very easy to get to grips with, and can be built a few different ways to fit different roles in the game.

You mentioned a few guardians that you had tried, but were you playing them in a support role or solo lane role? Some of the more aggressive guardians like Xing Tian can excel being built as a bruiser-type (balance between damage and protection) and played in the solo lane, which you might also find satisfying, if you were only playing them as supports before.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 17, 2016 4:39am | Report
on warriors any warriro will probably do if you build them the right way.

On guardians Ares Hades can do a nice bit of damage (after that Ymir can also provide some damage when build bruiser however more in a sobek way and well you kinda need something like blink) I can't say a lot about the new guardians.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 17, 2016 10:05am | Report
Solobek is the king. He is one of my favorite solo laners but if you want someone who is Tammy and deals a lot of damage Osiris is awesome. With him it's all about sticking to someone and continually smacking them with basic attacks.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 17, 2016 10:18am | Report
Lol Tammy?

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 17, 2016 11:24am | Report
Damn autocorrect

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 17, 2016 11:40am | Report
Another fun thing about Solobek is that you can shout "Get croc'ed!!" down your headset every time you kill somebody, to force your teammates to acknowledge your crocodilian levels of power.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 17, 2016 1:44pm | Report
I prefer to shout "me booty is the best booty," but I suppose everyone has their preferences.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 17, 2016 2:10pm | Report
Well I tend to shout that when I'm playing buccaneith, but if muscly crocodiles is what does it for you Zilb then I'm not gonna judge ;)

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }