Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki In Solo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Loki In Solo 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » January 6, 2016 3:02am | Report
I've been trying to get Loki to diamond and I started playing him in the solo lane (That way I ain't forced to rotate as much since solo laners normally go off fighting each other until late game.) and I've realised he kinda has bad match-ups especially against a few warriors such as Bellona and Sun Wukong.

So what I need to know is any decent tips for Loki in solo.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 6, 2016 3:20am | Report
I know Greenevers plays a killer Loki, so he might be a better person to ask.

Currently my preferred tactics with him has always been to rush Transcendence and Shielded Teleport. The higher the tier of teleport you get, the more often you can afford to get poked out of lane. However, you're also sacrificing lane push and damage potential if you decide to get that before finishing Transcendence, so it really depends on the matchup as to how you want to proceed. Later on teleport can also be used to gank other lanes (especially by teleporting to wards), which is especially nice considering Loki's gank potential is fantastic and his high movement speed allows him to get back to lane quickly. I like grabbing Transcendence early since it really takes care of your mana issues and allows you to essentially stall lane by cloaking and placing down decoys to clear for as long as you desire (and of course the earlier you get to build the stacks generally the better). If you decide to grab Warrior Tabi beforehand, you can afford to wait longer before grabbing Shielded Teleport since you'll have an easier time getting back to lane, but I rarely employ that strategy. Generally though I just like starting out with Charged Morningstar. If you're afraid your lane clear early game will be too lacking, you can also grab Bluestone Pendant as a starter item to help with that instead.

As for builds Greenever's guide is basically the same as what I go with. Personally I like to grab The Crusher as my fifth item since I generally like to focus on tower pushing, but I agree with his choices (technically you can proc Hydra's Lament on towers, but it's still not nearly as effective as The Crusher). There's also tons of great tips on Loki solo in there, so make sure to check out that guide.

(Also Green, if you read this you should update your guide to include Mail of Renewal as a defensive item alongside Spirit Robe)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 11, 2016 1:06pm | Report
You should be rotating often as a solo laner and the earlier you can rotate the better as you can easily make a huge impact on how well the mid laner does. For instance if as any solo laner you manage to bully the other person out of lane you should immediately be looking to rotate or counter jungle as doing so can set either the jungler or mid behind and that wins games. Ultimately though Loki isn't great in conquest at the moment because in the jungle he is to susebtible to invades and as a solo laner he doesn't provide the frontline that is the most important part of being a solo laner in the current tank meta. I would recommend instead learning how to play warriors as they will always be relevant and while they don't have the burst Loki has you will end up doing more damage as you can tell most damage characters late game to buzz off cause tankieness is better in extended engagements.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 12, 2016 7:33am | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

For instance if as any solo laner you manage to bully the other person out of lane you should immediately be looking to rotate or counter jungle as doing so can set either the jungler or mid behind and that wins games.

1st thing you should do always is push the current wave under the tower for putting your enemy laner behind.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }