Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with Janus?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help with Janus? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Redruum » August 26, 2015 3:49pm | Report
So I did some research and everything I see says Janus is capable of very good burst damage. But I seem to be having extreme difficulties doing it. I am currently using this build https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/janice-8666 which I will loosely stray from if I need more penetration. But very rarely do I get more than 3 or 4 kills in an entire arena match. granted, I'm really not good at all at this game, but it seems like I should be doing a bit more damage. On a good encounter I might get a solid 400 dmg with unstable vortex. My typical engagement looks like this:

I will drop threshold to become Wizened, then try and drop a portal underneath someone, then hit them with unstable vortex as they fall through. Rarely does this result in anything significant. In team fights I kinda just basic attack then pop unstable vortex into the group. I will get lucky and still someone kills from time to time. Any help would be appreciated. I really like Janus so I would like to continue to use him, and I have had horrible success with any other gods. In fact I went on a 14 game losing streak the other day which I'm not even sure how that is statistically possible. Thanks in advance.

Redruum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 26, 2015 4:46pm | Report
Start: Vampiric Shroud + Lost Artifact + Healing Potion + Mana Potion

* Shoes of Focus or Shoes of the Magi
Book of Thoth
Finish tier 1 Lost Artifact into chronos pendant
** Obsidian Shard or Spear of the Magus
Rod of Tahuti
Flex item - If nothing to go with, Soul Reaver

*If you like early damage and tend to do more damage through one rotation of abilities rather than multiple, go with Shoes of the Magi. You will have to build into pythagoreom's piece (skip chronos pendant and get chronos pendant 5th item then Rod of Tahuti or sell it for Shoes of Focus late game though.

** Obsidian Shard is better if you don't always land your Portal Unstable Vortex combo and you're just looking to do damage if you throw Unstable Vortex in the middle of a team fight. Spear of the Magus is better if you're utilizing your passive and your combo on the enemy for efficiency of the item. I suggest Obsidian Shard.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 26, 2015 10:23pm | Report
I would recommend an life steal item somewhere into the build

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }