Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fenrir or Loki for Arena?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Fenrir or Loki for Arena? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PaXXisNo1 » December 2, 2015 10:18am | Report
I am a newbie and dont really know which god to play in Arena. I am playing pretty well with Fenrir and Loki so this will be the only two gods for me to play with at the moment. Can someone tell me who of them is better in Arena and why?

PaXXisNo1

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 2, 2015 10:34am | Report
Fenrir Was my first God I used in my first Arena match, but only because he was a new release when I first played and I did well. Then Loki came to Xbox. Even now Loki seems to be the best assassin for Arena if you have the skills. Loki is deadly. I fear a Loki more than a Fenrir in Arena. I'd go with The Trickster.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » December 2, 2015 10:44am | Report
Now... this is a really, forgive me... Silly question. Both have astronomically different playstyles that both do well in the arena environment. Simply pick which god you play better with or play both. Playing both will give you more overall experience that you can use to translate to most of the other gods in the game as well

If you want to be a burst assassin that 1 shots squishies, go for Loki
If you want to be a fearsome bruiser that does a lot of damage and incites fear and has good control, pick Fenrir

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » December 2, 2015 12:57pm | Report
Personally, I'd go for Loki, he's so fun to play.

In arena, even if the gold spooling is high, the late game period is relatively short.
Therefore, early and mid game gods have an advantage over late game gods.

Loki is more a mid and late game god, while Fenrir is a early mid game god.
So, if you can take opportunities early game and snowball from it, Fenrir would give you best results.
If you have a more conservative playstyle, Loki fits better.
You can still do a good job with Fenrir, but you'll lose most of his potential.

@Estidien
I would admit that I rarely fear a Fenrir (even though sometimes I should),
while Loki incites fear passively as soon as you don't have vision on him.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 11, 2015 1:03pm | Report
A bit more to chip in.

As Estidien said, they're very different gods even though they're in the same category (assassin). This is good if you're limiting yourself to this one class, because it allows you to potentially choose depending on the rest of your team. You have to be familiar with the qualities of the different gods, so let me use an example.

In Arena, as you may be familiar with by now, sometimes you get people that are familiar with the game, and are willing to choose different gods depending on what others select, in order to balance tanks, damage, and magical/physical. Sometimes you get people that autolock because they don't care about team composition, they just want to play the god they choose and refuse to be flexible. In the latter case, say you have a team with one or no tanks...maybe the one tank class (guardian or warrior) isn't the best as a tank and is a bit more damage focused. Say this team also has an Ao Kuang, a Medusa, and an Eset. If you can recognize that, especially because of the Ao Kuang being basically a magical assassin, you may try for better balance and go for Fenrir, because he can be built like a bruiser and still be very effective. Loki, on the other hand, really should NEVER be a bruiser...he's a get in, get out god because he can't take much damage.

On the flipside, if you find yourself on the same team as Ymir and Odin, Loki will probably be the better choice for his extreme burst capabilities.

Now, the biggest problem for you is that you're limiting yourself to one class. You really want to have more flexibility. Arena isn't competitive...it doesn't matter if you lose, other than you lose and maybe you don't take that well. But it's a great opportunity to try different gods, so it's in your best interest to branch out into other classes. But one step at a time, I guess.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 15, 2015 3:56pm | Report
Loki is just epic in Arena!!

just build: Warrior Tabi, HS, Hydras, Jotunns, Titans, DB/Trans/more pen. (and Beads early).

All you do is go behind the wall (where red spawns) find a lonely gazelle 1-3 him/her for poke damage, get out (ult out if needed).

When you get to Titans with a full stacked HS you kill ppl without prot with a 1-3 combo + a few basics (depending on the target) for 100% hp.

Try to not use ult for kills/initiating. you need it for escape. Trust your team to fight 4v5, kill the enemy mage (mainly) in the start of teamfights before he/she can pop massive abilities (Kraken etc).

So all you do is vanish on ppl that are alone throughout the whole game (just for damage) to force them to back and/or keep them from being able to fight your team. Save ult for escaping mainly or for kills if you are able to vanish out if the enemy team goes for you. Pick off the carries (mainly the mage) in the start of teamfights to remove the enemy teams main damage. Basically just repeat the 1-3 combo the whole game just be careful early before you get Beads and damage also pick your targets with care.

Its a pretty easy way to win, and who does not love to just kill the same person over and over and over again?

IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 15, 2015 4:18pm | Report
A 3-4 combo works well, with 1 saved as an escape. To make it more fun (and helpful) I would use Combat Blink.

Fenrir can also be good too though, mostly for his ult. He can literally stun someone with his 1 and use 4 to single someone out. Then the person will most likely be dead. His 3 is no joke when it comes to burst, especially against mages.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }