Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ELO what is it? How is it calculated? And how do I know what mine is?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » ELO what is it? How is it calculated? And how do I know what mine is? 29 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 25, 2012 1:16pm | Report
Well I guess the name of the thread explains it all.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 25, 2012 2:43pm | Report
I dont remember what it stands for, but it measures a players skill.
It is your skill level and that takes into account who you get grouped with.

There are 2 ELOs in this game. The visible ELO you get from doing ranked matches, and the invisible ELO you get from doing non-ranked matches. It takes into account, kills, deaths, ***its, gold earned, average gold per min, towers killed and so on so forth and tries to match you with similar players of that skill level.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 25, 2012 3:25pm | Report
Thanks you just earned yourself +1 :).

Also in hirez forums I've read that tanks suffer in ELO system could it be that it doesn't take assists into account or at least not very seriously if that makes any sense...?

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 25, 2012 3:47pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

Thanks you just earned yourself +1 :).

Also in hirez forums I've read that tanks suffer in ELO system could it be that it doesn't take assists into account or at least not very seriously if that makes any sense...?

Yes it does, that is why no one actually cares about ELO besides the terrible players and those that think it means something to be high but dont actually know things that you just asked about. Among other things.

Think of a 2v2. You and me vs 2 other guys, Im a tank you are a carry and I feed you 100 kills. I get 100 assists. Neither of us die once and I get 0 kills you get 0 assists. We get the same EVERYTHING else. Gold, towers down, creep kills, blah blah blah.
Your ELO is going to be higher than mine, because kills give more "points" than assists do.
Its a flawed system, but not much you can do about it.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 25, 2012 4:02pm | Report
I think that in order for this system to be better they should take God class/role into account (it might be a bit tricky) and lets say tanks get same points for assists and kills(or half from kills cuz if you are a tank you really should have too many of them) and the rest get normal from kills and half from assists

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 25, 2012 5:29pm | Report
Then you run into the tank getting the better ELO and the rest of the team shooting ahead. A tank in a good game is going to have a ton of assists.

Sadly, no system is perfect and never will be. Just have to deal with.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leastz » June 21, 2017 1:37pm | Report
The only problem that i can see is the not just guardians can be tanks warriors can be too or even hunters if build them with a lot of protection so i cant really see them doing that for the "tanks".

i hope that this doesn't come off as rude just and observation

like he said its a flawed system but it gives tryhards a big ego ;)

Leastz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 21, 2017 1:48pm | Report
This is a really huge necro...almost 5 years between the previous comment and the newest.

That said, a discussion on Elo is, I guess, still relevant.

Here's the Wiki on "Elo," which is named after Arpad Elo, the inventor of the system.

The way Hi-Rez rates a player in-game is different than the most accessible, quantified value made available to the public, via Smite Guru. Their FAQ on their proprietary rating system is here.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 21, 2017 3:09pm | Report
It is worth noting though that HiRez doesn't use Elo, instead using MMR or their internal 'match making rating' for each player.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » June 21, 2017 3:19pm | Report
Also worth noting smiteguru is generally pretty inaccurate with elo in comparison to how smite's system works and needs to be taken with a grain of salt

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }