Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Difference between PC/XBox/PS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Difference between PC/XBox/PS 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 27, 2019 1:56am | Report
hi again

i play on PC myself and as far as i'm informed, PC and Consoleplayers can join together in Matches.
So far, so good. Sometimes i read that People ask on what Platform someone plays in order to help this Person with his issues.
So here i am, sitting and thinking to myself, what's the Difference between those Platforms? Why is it an Issue, besides the Obvious (Controller vs. Keyboard ... yet then again, i can Play with a XBox Controller on my PC too so.. that may not be the Issue)

i'm just curious what's the Deal.

thanks in advance for your Replies.
Greetings Cafy

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 27, 2019 3:26am | Report
Would have to ask one of the console users. probably voice comms and stuff not crossing over (aka pc users use discord or something similar idk if this is also possible to access on console)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 27, 2019 4:21am | Report
Only Switch/Xbox/PC has crossplay at the moment. As for advantages between console and PC, Mouse is more accurate and easier to control with high sensitivity (so hitting autos and abilities is easier, like Rama ult), using a keyboard is generally easier due to the close proximity between the keys for your abilities, PC has a higher frame rate (Computer spec dependent).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 27, 2019 5:01am | Report
yeah those things came into my mind to, but i was thinking theres another factor. Curiosity fed. Thanks :D

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 27, 2019 6:26am | Report
Just the traditional difference between MK and the Joystick, nothing else significant. I play a lot against PC players since I join to PC parties and I feel 0 difference between consoles (when I'm alone) and the PC.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 27, 2019 1:50pm | Report
it's also more difficult to use ults such as Anubis' and it's more difficult to evade Medusa ult.

Normally when we talk about consoles, it's cuz most of us can't help PS4 players, as they're not in Crossplay atm
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 27, 2019 2:24pm | Report
Medusa ult is only hard to dodge on console if your sensitivity is low

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CafPow » July 28, 2019 6:35am | Report
ahh i see now why you guys ask on what Platform they play. Thanks a lot. :)

CafPow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » July 28, 2019 10:25pm | Report
Turning around is a big advantage off Console vs PC. I play on PC w/ controller, even with high sensitivity it's slower than mouse. That .25s could be difference off escaping alive. More often than not my case :P (I don't stress it cause my bigger problem is playing w/ 250 ping , haha.

Only way around it is for me to be aggressive, so they have to react. If I got to react it goes bad for me =/

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 29, 2019 6:43am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

Turning around is a big advantage off Console vs PC. I play on PC w/ controller, even with high sensitivity it's slower than mouse. That .25s could be difference off escaping alive.

Yes I agree with you, but TBH, you don't feel you are at disadvantage most part of the game + console will always be at high with 60 fps and some pcs can't even reach 60 fps (mine can't even reach 30 :p).
So, being a console player among PC players (thanks to @ThePerfectPrism <3) is pretty normal, and I don't feel any difference between the platforms

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }