Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Being Stuck in Arena Loading screen.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Being Stuck in Arena Loading screen. 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iLash » October 22, 2017 6:06am | Report
Greetings, I'm technically a new player, haven't been playing for less than 1 week, and I've a problem as mentioned in the title, I've been trying to get into normal arena, or Vs Al bots for that matter and I still getting the same result, Takes forever to load, then I go to the screen where it says I've been disconnected, pressing reconnect, getting back in the match 5-8 minutes late ( Normal arena Case ) and I would never reconnect on Vs Al Bot arena.
I've tried variety of solutions that were mentioned in Google and Smite's forums but non of 'em seem to work.
would highly appreciate it if there is a fix any of you guys would know.

Thanks a a lot in advance.
NotQuiteMyTempo

iLash

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » October 22, 2017 8:29am | Report
Before we can help you find the source of your issue, I have 2 questions:
1) Does this happen in other modes as well, or only Arena?
2) What steps have you undertaken already in an attempt to solve the issue?

Try: SMITE Repair | Complete SMITE Un- and reinstall
| Use the Hi-Rez Diagnostics tool that comes with your SMITE install (PC) |

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 22, 2017 11:15am | Report
A couple of other questions you might answer:
  • How strong is your internet connection? Is it strong or does it cut out a lot? What's your standard DL / UL speed? Are you on wifi or ethernet cable?

• Do you have this type of issue (connectivity) with other games?
I think this can happen a lot when connection is poor.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iLash » October 22, 2017 12:00pm | Report
xZeroStrike wrote:

Before we can help you find the source of your issue, I have 2 questions:
1) Does this happen in other modes as well, or only Arena?
2) What steps have you undertaken already in an attempt to solve the issue?

Try: SMITE Repair | Complete SMITE Un- and reinstall
| Use the Hi-Rez Diagnostics tool that comes with your SMITE install (PC) |

Hello..
Recently it's every mode other than Conquest vs Al Bot, the only mode working so far, I've reseted my router, I'm on a wired connection, I've already uninstalled and reinstalling it, I contacted their help desk and they provided me with solution that none of 'em have worked, the funny thing is, it used to work at some point, like all modes and everything was working fine, I haven't made any changes in my pc nor my connection as far as I know, I did try the Hi-Rex Diagnostic tool lots of times, and according to it, every thing is working fine ( Running Re-Run Prerequisites ).

I've contacted my ISP and according to them , my router setting is fine and should run anything smoothly, since I've been using this PC and internet for quite a long time and I had my share of MOBA and MMORPG games so far and I've never encountered such a bug before.

I went through google and found quite a lot of players who have been encountering the same issue I've at the moment yet I've not found any solution that actually works for me.

My Internet connection is quite okay for it to run smoothly: 8Mbps download and 1mbps upload which runs a lot of other games for me quite well, even far located servers than Smite's.
and no I've no encountered such issue in any other games I've played.
NotQuiteMyTempo

iLash

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 22, 2017 12:07pm | Report
Hmmm...sounds like you shouldn't be having any problems. That's a really weird situation, but not one I've encountered myself, at least not regularly. Here and there I get caught on a loading screen (after the game, though, waiting to get back into the after-game lobby), but it's not often.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iLash » October 22, 2017 12:11pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Hmmm...sounds like you shouldn't be having any problems. That's a really weird situation, but not one I've encountered myself, at least not regularly. Here and there I get caught on a loading screen (after the game, though, waiting to get back into the after-game lobby), but it's not often.

It's quite frustrating actually, it also cause that the team i join do play -1 member and I keep getting a deserter for quite long periods, last one was 3 hours i assume since I pressed reconnect and ended up getting in there, ( was all lagging ) like they were all facing the walls then i disconnected again from the match and got the deserter penalty.
NotQuiteMyTempo

iLash

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iLash » October 22, 2017 12:15pm | Report
I was honestly thinking about uninstalling steam, then re-download the game and give it a shot.
would that work ?
NotQuiteMyTempo

iLash

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 22, 2017 12:39pm | Report
I don't know that it's Steam, but before you went to that step, you might just think about running through the HR client. Uninstall from Steam, then download the client here: http://cds.q6u4m8x5.hwcdn.net/Installs/InstallSmite.exe

That DL link looks fishy, but I got it directly from this page (the Windows download): https://www.smitegame.com/download/

Anyway, I'd try that first.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iLash » October 23, 2017 11:54am | Report
Technically I've tried everything and recently I get into the arena by simply getting a match, getting stuck at loading screen, disconnect then reconnect like 4-5 minutes later which is quite a nightmare, other than that, still the same situation.
NotQuiteMyTempo

iLash

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » October 23, 2017 12:29pm | Report
Do you have any other computers / laptops in your house that you can use? If so, try installing and playing SMITE there. If the issue doesn't appear on a different PC / laptop, we can conclude that your PC is causing the issue. If the issue persists, and nothing fixes it (re-install / repair / etc...), then either you're having extremely bad luck or it's a fault in the game's code somewhere.

Additionally, check your SMITE's install path. If your SMITE game is installed in a "protected" folder, (Program Files folders are likely to be protected) try running as an Administrator. Maybe your game tries to grab files it doesn't have access to. (This is very unlikely, but worth a try regardless.)

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }