Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Keen MOBA Player, Brand new to smite.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Keen MOBA Player, Brand new to smite. 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by idyllego » December 10, 2015 5:57pm | Report
I tried smite a few days a go on the pc, Always saying I wouldn't like it as I never liked 3rd person games(probably from my fan boy cod over gears days :D)

Ashamed to say it but I love smite. I'm looking for someone who wants the challenge of introducing the game to someone, see how long it takes you...

I played other mobas like dota and lol, got to plat in lol. But I know next to nothing about smite.

idyllego

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 10, 2015 6:15pm | Report
I mean do you want links to stuff that can help or a mentor?

Cause that is two different things.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by idyllego » December 10, 2015 6:21pm | Report
I didn't specify, A call for help is a call for help :D If you want to help by telling me the best streams to watch or the best guides to read Id love that, if you want to help by playing a game with me or giving me some direct tips that would also be a lot of help :)

But to be clear, I'm not looking for help in the sense of tips to win in ranked. I don't even know all the champs or items yet.

idyllego

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 10, 2015 6:33pm | Report
Then links it is, cause right now I have no mouse to play Smite. And using a pad wont be a good idea.

Zilby's Item Guide

Devampi's Basic Mistakes Guide

Aramey's BUG Guide

I would recommend my Communication guide, but it seems like you need game help not people help.
Have fun.
(I hope)

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by idyllego » December 10, 2015 6:38pm | Report
Picking up the game very quickly, and the moba concepts are nothing new :D

idyllego

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 10, 2015 7:26pm | Report
Also I can mentor you, having succesfully taught 5 ppl and partially other 10, hit me up ! IGN ThePerfectPrism
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 10, 2015 9:10pm | Report

If you're just starting off I'd go here. Mine and Devampi's guides are more for once you've reached level 20-30 and are looking to improve.
Aramey even included a section dedicated to LoL players transitioning to smite.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » December 11, 2015 6:59am | Report
I would also suggest to read
Firraria's Complete Beginner's Guide to SMITE!
Even if it seems a bit outdated, it still provides complementary useful information.

It also has a section dedicated to many useful guides for different specific topics.

Keep in mind that old god guides are more affected by the "outdated" status than a strategic guide.
Because while gods and items are being changed in each patch, game mechanics rarely change.
Once you master these mechanics, adapting to gods and items balance changes is a minor aspect.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 11, 2015 8:28am | Report
Well as you have played LoL you are already a long way in.

A lot of stuff in LoL is similar in smite. only thing you really need to learn are the characters and items

Also Wayne should share some of his experience as he also came into smite from LoL

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » December 11, 2015 12:25pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Well as you have played LoL you are already a long way in.

A lot of stuff in LoL is similar in smite. only thing you really need to learn are the characters and items

Also Wayne should share some of his experience as he also came into smite from LoL

But he is noob in both... =(

Janitsu

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }