Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jungled for the first time...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Jungled for the first time... 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » October 13, 2015 7:01am | Report
And boy did that **** suck.
Is jungling the hardest role?

Ive finally broke my Conquest silence and began to play it regularly yesterday. I didnt want to pick a jungler, everyone literally locked in instantly. I had picked Serqet. I already didnt feel good about that because:
1. Im finally learning Conquest
2. I never Jungled. Im a Wukong player.
I had no idea what the hell to do. On top of that all i was getting were "Gank so and so lane" "Help this and that lane"
My head was spinning. And i became under leveled after a bit, because sure enough i was missing exp camps. Then the mics came on...
I was 1-5 for a while until we took one tower and Bellona began wandering around.

Its not much in depth besides it being just miserable and i didnt know anyone in the game
End game we won and i was later 9-5 but thats cause i was surprising everyone late game.

I just needs some advice and tips so i can learn that better.
Soloing with Wukong is much easier, but jungling also feels more fun and more free in a way. I like moving around so it felt suiting.
It just felt a bit disorienting that i wasnt effective at all. And getting bashed :/

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 13, 2015 7:27am | Report
I'll Send a pm to u later.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » October 13, 2015 7:34am | Report
Is jungling the hardest role?
In casual maybe. Everyone will blame the jungler for not saving their *** (or the support, in the case of the carry)
Also, there are so many mistakes you can possibly do that it is difficult to do everything right.

Being the solo-laner or ADC is a bit easier: farming is easy, people don't except a lot from your rotations before mid-game, you're "just" following the calls.

Being the mid-laner is a bit more difficult than ADC as you should have the central vision and so, you should be the one noticing for rotations of the opposite team. If you don't, you're to blame.

Being the jungler is a bit of everything. If you focus too much on rotations, you'll be behind at farming and you'll be almost useless as the game progresses. If you focus too much on farming, you'll be leaving to much space for ganks from the other team and some of your lanes might fall behind as your taking a part of the XP.
You have to find the right balance. Takes time (I'm probably not there yet).

In my last Arachne guide I detailed some stuff that can be useful for any jungler (the Early game/Mid game chapters mostly). I hope it can help you a bit. Otherwise, there are a lot of jungle coaching available on youtube (try Weak3n or DmBrandon or Smitten).
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 13, 2015 8:53am | Report
I'd say jungling is the hardest role. Mostly because maintaining your gold income while balancing ganking lanes can be difficult. It's very similar to a roaming support, the difference being that if a support gets behind, that's normal. In casuals especially, jungling is difficult due to the lack of coordination of a team, and because it's more rare that your allies will help you take out jungle camps, forcing you to spend less time ganking lanes and more time farming the jungle in order to maximize your team's gold and xp.

For beginner jungling, I'd just stick to a simple god. Serqet is great for an experienced jungler, but she's not the easiest god to start as. I'd recommend Bastet, ganking is super easy and farming is fast. She's easily the easiest jungler to use well.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » October 13, 2015 9:02am | Report
Do you know other good youtube channels for other roles ?

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 13, 2015 10:42am | Report
Jungling isn't a difficult role - it's just ****ing stupid because the entire game is dictated by not screwing up in the first ten minutes. And not just you - your team as well.

Other than that, it's just a matter of rote memorization and knowing how to use your god and ward and other very basic skills.

Go to blue > speed > mid camps, ward occasionally, gank occasionally, make efficient use of your time while still being where you need to.

Unfortunately, due to the way the game works, an enemy getting fed makes it nearly impossible to gank their lane unless they play exceptionally stupid or you get something like a double gank from your mid lane. Ideally, your jungler should have enough CC or something to hopefully wombo them to death before they can snowball, but beads exists, cautious play and wards exist, and if the support is also fed from the assists then you're just completely, utterly screwed if they play right.

It's not a difficult role - it's just that it is in many ways a coin toss. There are so many ways it can go wrong, and the inverse also applies. Basically, in solo queue, a jungler's role is to find the weakest links in the enemy team and gank them over and over until they either wisen up or you get crazy fed, while praying to god that the enemy team is worse than yours.

However, it is still one of the best roles for ladder climbing, mostly because it gives you more control over the game than the support.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 13, 2015 12:42pm | Report
it is considered one of the hardest roles (and even the most blamed role in both LoL or Smite or LoL clones)

as sub said it is however the role with the most influence in the game.

It takes some getting used to. And after a while you know when to gank and when you shouldn't.

Also something people sometimes forget are things like if you force someone to back (like the solo) the gank didn't fail (as a lot of people normally say).

Some advise I would like to give you is to look if lanes are gankable if they aren't just proceed to farm (or if the enemy jungle ganks mid countergank, which is easy as most camps are pretty close to mid)

here something from an LoL guide about jungling (if you decide to read everything you should switch things with jungle item starts etc) which I found a bit useful when I started jungling a lot (in LoL mostly)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » October 13, 2015 1:59pm | Report
Thank you everyone for your replies. Ive read them all, but if its so hard to play then why is it always rushed at the character select screen? Its always first two roles called or character locked. Its my most curious role. Even though it was a terrible experience it was rather fun.
Solo lane is cool but just feels kinda boring sometimes.
Ive never played LoL Devampi. This is my first MOBA. Probably why I suck at it..

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 13, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Jungle is rushed because you have more of an impact on your team allowing you to carry games compared to most roles. It's also a role where you can go ham even if your team is ****, and it's just generally pretty fun.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 13, 2015 4:31pm | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:

Do you know other good youtube channels for other roles ?

Support: Incon, Shadowq
ADC: Allied, Barraccudda
Mid: Lassiz
Jungle: Weak3n, Adapting
Solo: Dmbrandon

Lassiz isn't too active recently and there's not really any great solo pros that upload youtube. CycloneSpin, Lassiz, K0REA, and a bunch other stream. Tbh, that's a better place to watch what goes on unless you're looking for a specific guide. Dmbrandon plays everything on his youtube he just likes solo so I slapped him on there.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }