Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can't find a good Sobek support build.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Can't find a good Sobek support build. 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 17, 2020 1:06pm | Report
I've been stuggling to find a good support build for Conquest. Any ideas?

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 17, 2020 1:21pm | Report
https://smitesource.com/gods/1747/builds/845d50cf-30d9-4224-9177-d57146b0a552

https://smitesource.com/gods/1747/builds/eb5dc492-7958-4f12-853c-46c70045f9d5

Other item options: Pridwen, Ethereal Staff.

Typical support builds in general:

https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=~&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=Support&p_filters_league=~&p_filters_sort=~

Also,

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 17, 2020 1:43pm | Report
Why are a lot of the builds for him focus on being aggressive instead of a "true" tank

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 17, 2020 2:13pm | Report
Tanks are usually aggressive though in Smite, it's Guardians like Khepri who sit in the backline more. Gods like Sobek can either help setup kills for his team with a well timed Charge Prey or he can use it to peel for teammates by taking an enemy away from them (Or using Tail Whip to knock enemies up to prevent them using abilities due to the knockup).

Here, check Fineokay's guide on what a Solo laner / frontliner must do in teamfights (mentions Sobek at 11:20):

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 17, 2020 2:14pm | Report
Sobek has a lot of control and pretty decent base damage without having to build much power. In addition, his passive gives him protections for playing aggressively and hitting enemies with his abilities. Basically, you're best building him more aggressively, as long as it doesn't become tanky enough. And the anti-heal tank items aren't quite as needed on him, since he has anti-heal in his kit.

Keep in mind this build stuff is before S7.

Of the two SmiteSource links, I don't like the first at all. The second is basically how I would prefer. Stone of Binding is very strong for a god like Sobek, who has CC in every one of his abilities. Why wouldn't you want to apply a pen effect when you grab an enemy and throw him back to your ADC?

A mid-build getting Void Stone is great, and combining Binding with Void gives extremely solid pen function against squishy gods.

Spirit Robe is just a good standard all-around item, and since you didn't get much CDR before that, it's nice for more ability use.

You can throw Ethereal Staff in there later, or just consider the more standard tank / counter items late.

When S7 hits, you might still keep Stone of Binding in there, as it'll be one of the few bruiser items with a flat pen effect of any type. However, you'll probably drop the use of Void Stone in that 4th spot, and instead go for the more typical Sov/Heart/Thebes/Spirit itemization, with Relic and other items bringing up the rear.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 17, 2020 2:41pm | Report
Alright, thanks. I tend to find him easy to be burst down by the other team so I was skeptical about the items that people build on him.

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 17, 2020 4:03pm | Report
It's like that with any god, in a way, you know? I think what you might be doing is always using your Charge Prey to initiate. At that point, most of your escape potential is gone outside of the ult and the prots it provides while you're under.

Instead, it's something where you want to be more strategic about when you pick and choose your moments to use the abilities.

Another example would be Athena. They're actually a lot alike in their potential. I don't know if you play her much, but if you don't work at it and you have an offensive mindset, you might always use the same combo...dash in with the 1, lay down the shield wall and then taunt to keep them in the wall's range. Then you've blown your entire kit.

So instead, you might save your dash. Walk toward the enemy, and if they're scared of that taunt, maybe they just back off...and if not, you can taunt, or just lay down the wall and back off. Save the dash to escape or pressure as needed, taunt sometimes not to set up kills for your teammates but as an emergency to peel for teammates if needed.

And if you're solo-queuing or find yourself with an unknown ADC, try the aggression a couple of times. If the ADC isn't following up on your plucks, then maybe you start saving it for peel instead because it's sort of going to waste otherwise.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 17, 2020 5:21pm | Report
Good point, I never even considered using the dash as a escape. I have played Athena so I can make the connection. Its just that in the case of Sobek, I use my dash to toss someone behind as a way to separate them, but I guess it does explain why I have gotten killed quickly

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 20, 2020 3:20am | Report
in most cases when youy initiate as a tank you will be in range and therefore get a brunt of focus fire. If you're team does not expect an engage and/or follow up slowly you're likely dead. It is quite an important skill to see what are the right times to engage.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 20, 2020 6:45am | Report
Yea but late game sobek is almost unkillable, Its just that I was having issues early game with him. (BTW thanks Bran for the tip)

Revenant7755

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }