Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi all. New player to ps4.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Hi all. New player to ps4. 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ApexViper1981 » March 26, 2016 6:33pm | Report
I'm new to smite never ever playing a moba in my life. (I'm 35yo)
Just reached level 6 and fully enjoying playing this game so far. I've been readin up on guides and also watching the smite 2016 tournament on YouTube. Any ways thought I'd say hi and here hopin I settle into the game easy.

ApexViper1981

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 27, 2016 1:10am | Report
Hey welcome to smitefire!

Being your first MOBA I'm not sure if you'll settle in 'easy' (It can be a little rough learning the finer details when you get to a higher level), but you'll find plenty of help here.

Any time you have any questions about smite or any of the guides on this site just ask. There's plenty of people here to help you.

Happy smiling!

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ApexViper1981 » March 27, 2016 10:16am | Report
Thanks. Been playing some today and seem to be picking it up pretty well. Followed some builds of here for neith and Agni and seem to be staying in the positive. Only just though. So far so good. Been reading up on tiers also. There's a bit of depth to this game and I'm slowly picking it all up.

ApexViper1981

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 27, 2016 10:33am | Report
You might want to have a look through this awesome guide, as it has a lot of information you might find useful when you're starting out.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by G00DANG » March 27, 2016 11:18am | Report
If the PS4 players are anything like the x1 players for the first few weeks ignore the constant sarcastic good game shouts from those who deem themselves amazing players.

It's a hard game to get into, unlike anything else out there on console so it does take some time to get into the flow of the game. Try and stick to a god you like early on and understand the finer details of the game, before attempting to branch out and mastering other gods.

This is a personal opinion mind, but it worked out for me :)

Good luck in the game

G00DANG

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 28, 2016 3:29am | Report

There's a bit of depth to this game

There is a whole lot more depth to this then you think. Compared to some other MOBAs smite has less depth, however it's a MOBA and they have a lot of stuff you need to know. From obvious things (all gods abilities etc.) to less obvious things (like several item interactions)

from less depth to most depth of the 4 main MOBAs
Heroes of the Storm (cause no items, no need to last hit and other stuff)
Smite (this one is really close to LoL but misses some mechanics LoL has and you need to keep track of)
LoL (Has slightly more depth because of jungle buffs and other resource using characters (not every character has mana)
DotA 2 (has more mechanics compared to any of the above games. Also load of weird interaction sometimes)
Wait xbox (and probably ps4) have sarcastic GG shouts? I don't know if you mean during the game or at the end of the game (cause not gg at the end of the game (even wen lost) is saltyness indicator)
Still just wait for the Sarcastic and most annoying spam you need to endure when you died (from a bad decision or as support to save your carry): the "You Rock"

And at the end of the game the stupid people that Laugh spam (I hate it even if I won the game)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by G00DANG » March 28, 2016 3:34am | Report
Yup that's every single game. Even more annoying is early game when you take a gamble that doesn't pay off and die. Suddenly it's you rock for the rest of the game...
Even if you don't screw up afterwards haha.
I don't know what it is about MOBAs but the communities are toxic, I got cAlled an arsehole last night in assault for scoring highest in the game :S

G00DANG

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 28, 2016 3:51am | Report
I don't know whichj community your from but on PC assault is the least toxic game mode. And you don't see you rock a lot too. normally you see people calling others out over chat but that's also not every game

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DMFist » March 30, 2016 12:08am | Report
I'm new to Smite on PS4 as well. My biggest complaint so far is barely anyone uses mics to communicate unless you're in a clan , and pick up games are mixed as far as results. People just seem to jump in and lock in whatever character without paying attention to team makeup.
Besides that I'm loving the game , the depth of characters/gods, but again I'm just not getting the feeling that each match is living up to the potential it could be.
I'm looking to play with people with mics and trying to get into a clan/guild on the ps4 that is active on Smite. I've had people kinda reach out(mentor) but they seem to be on ESO all the time so I just didn't feel like bothering them again.
Apex if your interested my PSN is DMFist, feel free to add me if you want to group up sometime.

DMFist

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kingveren » March 30, 2016 4:22am | Report
There are problems with the PS4 community, like caring about kill stealing when it doesn't matter. I am a PS4 player myself I got smite in the early beta but I play with a friend who has played on the computer so that's how I got into it myself. The real reasons no one talks over the mic is because smite is a highly team based join and most people are in parties. Also no matter what my team is I am always fenrir because that is one of my most basic characters and he is helpful with any team. But I agree most of the PS4 community is **** with complaining about kill steals and being mean to the players who are doing terrible when there are times when the teammate is the one who caused the bad good. I was once playing with my friend and the ymir on are team was helping the enemy out, because he was partying with a enemy player. Also there are glitches with the PS4 that I don't think are on PC, if you played fenrir then may got this a lot but fenrir when activating his jump ability(forgot the name) the move will not activate correctly and will teleport you back to where your were before, idk if its caused by lag but it is not being caused by relics or passives I know that.

kingveren

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }