Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Greetings from a MOBA noob

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Greetings from a MOBA noob 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SirBrickington » September 27, 2015 1:16am | Report
Greetings folks. I'm new to Smite in general, so everything I see is kinda alien to me. I'm very excited about the game, however, so I hope to keep some level of activity here.
I played in some North American tournaments for DFO Global, but beyond that I don't have any experience gaming competitively. If you're not familiar with Dungeon Fighter Online and it's current state, that's relatively small. I'd like to work on my Smite skills so that I can join the amateur competitive scene in some capacity; my initial impression of the Smite scene is positive.

I started playing this game two days ago, and prior the closest thing to a MOBA I had ever played for any extended period of time was Awesomenauts. My favorite character is Bellona, I picked her in my very first game with no knowledge of characters whatsoever and it stuck.

SirBrickington

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 27, 2015 1:44am | Report
(I just noticed how many new players hook onto Bellona)

Also welcome. If you need help/have questions just ask them.

I don't know which mode you are playing but I assume you are playing conquest as you want to join the amateur scene.

Also I would recommend you to search into more gods (at a minimal 2 a role) and of course other roles. As you won't always get the option to play the god you want or the role.

Oh and another thing learn what every god can do so you know where you need to look out for and what is less dangerous etc.
Same a bit for items. if you still use auto lvl skill or build make sure you try to do all that stuff by yourself (and also try to get into PvP as quickly as possible as the bots are really different compared to players)

Don't care to much about toxic players as normally they are way worse then the player they are toxic towards.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SirBrickington » September 27, 2015 2:17am | Report
Devampi wrote:

(I just noticed how many new players hook onto Bellona)

Also welcome. If you need help/have questions just ask them.

I don't know which mode you are playing but I assume you are playing conquest as you want to join the amateur scene.

Also I would recommend you to search into more gods (at a minimal 2 a role) and of course other roles. As you won't always get the option to play the god you want or the role.

Oh and another thing learn what every god can do so you know where you need to look out for and what is less dangerous etc.
Same a bit for items. if you still use auto lvl skill or build make sure you try to do all that stuff by yourself (and also try to get into PvP as quickly as possible as the bots are really different compared to players)

Don't care to much about toxic players as normally they are way worse then the player they are toxic towards.

Bellona seemed like suitable waifu material, to be blunt. I play whatever modes I can, and I primarily avoid playing with random players and play with users on a mumble I frequent. This leads to a lot of siege and joust matches, though as I understand it, neither are truly common for tournaments. I'm not paying a lot of mind to this because I'm so new to MOBAs, and I need to learn a lot of general principles and the game's feel.

SirBrickington

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 27, 2015 4:21am | Report
Bellona seemed like suitable waifu material, to be blunt.

Can confirm.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » September 27, 2015 4:57am | Report

Bellona seemed like suitable waifu material, to be blunt.

Can confirm.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 27, 2015 4:58am | Report
now they waifu wars is goign to start (Waiting for ferrum and several others with Bastet and our BME with 4 armed Kali)

well it's better that you are playing more joust and siege (assault is also possible but misses some aspects still great to force yourself to play someone also the god pack is recommended or more unlocked gods) then playing arena as arena is completely different.

however don't think joust or siege are compareble to normal conquest at all as both modes end up in a more support 1 physical and 1 magical damage dealer (and for siege normally 2 more tanky persons or one with a bit more damage).
In conquest you have 5 different roles and my recommendation for some would be to try at least before you end up in lvl 25-30 (actually make sure you know your preferred role by this time and have a basic understanding of the other roles (something you should get before lvl 20 actually))

the most common form for tournament is conquest but I do believe there could be 1v1 joust tournaments (as those modes also have a ranked option in the game itself)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » September 27, 2015 6:07am | Report
Devampi wrote:

now they waifu wars is goign to start (Waiting for ferrum and several others with Bastet and our BME with 4 armed Kali)

Can confirm.

DON'T OPEN IT

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » September 27, 2015 8:12am | Report
Nu Wa.

That is all.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SirBrickington » September 27, 2015 10:43am | Report
Devampi wrote:

well it's better that you are playing more joust and siege (assault is also possible but misses some aspects still great to force yourself to play someone also the god pack is recommended or more unlocked gods) then playing arena as arena is completely different.

however don't think joust or siege are compareble to normal conquest at all as both modes end up in a more support 1 physical and 1 magical damage dealer (and for siege normally 2 more tanky persons or one with a bit more damage).
In conquest you have 5 different roles and my recommendation for some would be to try at least before you end up in lvl 25-30 (actually make sure you know your preferred role by this time and have a basic understanding of the other roles (something you should get before lvl 20 actually))

the most common form for tournament is conquest but I do believe there could be 1v1 joust tournaments (as those modes also have a ranked option in the game itself)

Judging by tournament conquest videos, I have to know a handful of Gods pretty well if I want to be successful. Again, there's still plenty I don't understand & I am not privy at all to how the meta works.

SirBrickington

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 27, 2015 10:55am | Report
1v1 Joust doesn't get tourneys, the number of viable gods in it is way too low and the random match-up pretty much determines the match at a high level (the only reason it's ranked is because it would be dumb to pair a really bad player against a really good one in a 1v1).

If you want to 'get good' I would definitely recommend grinding out conquest matches. Once you get into them, you'll realize they're definitely the best gametype (the game WAS designed around them after all). As others have said, a bare minimum of having two competent gods per role is necessary (especially before going into ranked).

If you need help with items/builds/general tips I made a guide to making Item builds. If you just want help with your waifu, I made a Bellona guide as well.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }