Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[SubJuly] Batman, tha Dark Knight!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [SubJuly] Batman, tha Dark Knight! 43 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 13, 2014 11:04pm | Report
Okay even though I am competing I will give you my feedback

Not sure about this but the x.5 swings, does that mean they only deal half damage?

Do in no way feel offended at all to anything I say in my feedback posts:
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive:
I feel like this is wayy to much effort to deal a max. of 5% bonus damage to enemies. Your players have to die 5 times to the same god to give you 5% bonus damage towards him. By this time he will have the levels and the items that will give him 20% more damage overall vs. your mere 5%.

Ability 1:
Doesn't do anything :s , unfortunately having 2 abilities that arent that good at all on their own and together = 1 escape. Compared to Scylla who has 1 ability that is an escape that basically works the same.

Ability 2: Read above, 2s invis is something but still not worth it in my opinion.

Ability 3:
This one is good.

Ultimate:
I really like this one :)

BUT, I don't want to just be pointing out problems, if not to provide solution.

Ideas for passive: Silencing punch.
After casting an ability his next basic attacks will cause enemies to be swarmed by bats, slowing and silencing them for a short duration.

Tweaks on the first:
The decoy continues running in the direction Batman was facing prior to casting, making it a better deception spell than the one the god of deception has :)

Tweaks on 2nd:
After batman swaps he should have some way to do damage, he could swap and throw Batarangs around him or it should also give attackspeed or something like that. Be creative ;) I know you can come up with something.

Tweaks on 3rd:
None, this one was good.

Ulti:
Can he fly around like thanatos and land at will though? Not to clear on how this works. But sounds fine, I like it.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 13, 2014 11:40pm | Report
Sooo the passive if underpowered? Wasn't sure what numbers I should've added but I'll change it.

Yeah I guess the 1+2 was a bit underpowered too, I'll try and add some damage.

With the ult he does kinda like thanatos, but he's a lot lower to the ground and he can damage everyone he flies over.

And the x0.5 swing chain means it's faster but does less damage.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 13, 2014 11:50pm | Report
Ah okay, yeah my personal opinion was that he was a bit UP.

GL in contest :)

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 14, 2014 12:38am | Report
Thanks for the feedback btw :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 14, 2014 12:51am | Report
No prob, any time.

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 14, 2014 1:48am | Report
I increased the damage on his passive and added damage to his 2.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 7:02am | Report
Right, so here’s my feedback.

Passive: Okay, I certainly can’t fault this lore-wise. But I really dislike this mechanic because to the lack of control you have over it. Not only do you depend on your team dying, but if you have it on a tank or bruiser or the guy turns out to be a coward or unkillable dude or even a AFK uy, well…you’re screwed. I suggest a rework.

One: Uh, I assume you can control where the decoy spawns.

Two: I’ve no problems with this.

Three: This is a pretty long dash. The main flaw is how Batman lacks control; if the enemy moves out of the way (fairly simple to do if you are at maximum range), or at close range, you can’t really do anything. I suggest making the dash able to be ended early by right-clicking.

Also, the damage is ridiculous. Let me explain.

Art’s three does **** damage late game, but insane damage mid game, since at level 10 it reaches max rank and has some of the highest base damage scaling in the game.

Your skill, at max rank, deals more damage than Ao’s ultimate at that same level. I repeat, it does more damage at level 10 THAN FREAKING SPIRIT’S TEMPEST!

Ult: This doesn’t really seem to fit on an assassin. It’s a DoT, but you can’t case with it = no burst, unlike Loki’s DoT. You aren’t invincible, either, so you can’t use it to dive towers. I’m not even sure if it works as an escape, as you don’t gain move speed. So…what is it good for? It’s more of a fighter skill TBH.

Secondly, Batman turns into bats? He’s a vampire? 0_0

Now, the kit as a whole: Okay, his decoy mechanic, as you presented, is useless. You spawn a decoy and can swap places with it, but it’s illusionary and won’t save you from AoEs or getting hit. It can’t even bodyblock.

Now, it’s unclear whether or not it copies your abilities like Zed’s, but if it does, then Revenge will deal over 1k base damage with over 200% scalings; with zero exaggeration I can compare it to a late game Ao ult.

But if it doesn’t, well, the only use your clone has is trying to play mind games. This means, as an assassin, he essentially has only two moves to use. It also wreaks havoc with skill design, since, as you mentioned, you are forced to shove one or two ability’s worth of damage into a single skill.

Overall, your idea is very original, and sticks closely to the lore, but gameplay wise, does have a few problems.

I suggest changing your Swap mechanic to be a recast of your first skill. Yes, it’s similar to Zed’s, but it’s fine, as long as you don’t copy his entire kit. I also suggest changing damage numbers, and perhaps the mechanic of his ult, to suit his role a bit better.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 14, 2014 7:43am | Report
So I was writing a repsonse, but I clicked on something and everything went black. I don't wanna type everything again so I'll just change it :P
Thanks for the feedback :)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 14, 2014 8:12am | Report
Tweaked it a bit, can't think of something for the ultimate yet though.
Just wanna say that Brutzalize does way more as total dmg :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 9:00am | Report
Yeah, but Brutalize isn't an instant nuke, either. I'd look at your changes now, but I have two more god ideas to comment on first.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }