Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEW ITEM - Anti-Heal Prevention

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » NEW ITEM - Anti-Heal Prevention 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mockridge » September 7, 2017 7:18pm | Report
There are 3 items in the game that reduce healing. If all 3 items are present assuming you hit basic attacks, all healers are rendered useless. Literally no heal! This problem comes up in ranked matches all the time. Hades is useless and you have to pray that people don't get those items. Same
with Aphrodite, who used to be top tier 1v1 before the basic attack counter heal item came into play.

I think that an item should be created to balance this effect. This is what I came up with.

AT MAX LEVEL
Item: 30 magical protection, 30 physical protection, 10% crowd control
Bonus: While using this item all healing abilities can only be reduced to a maximum of -75%
of total. This does not include lifesteal.

This will give you a minimum of 25% healing capacity, but 25% is at least enough to use your skills
to try to stay in the game! What do you think?

Mockridge

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » September 7, 2017 7:43pm | Report
Rod of Asclepius already does this to an extent.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 7, 2017 9:30pm | Report
Hi Mock,

I like the idea and the innovation. I want to point out some things, though.

There are in fact 4 standard items that have an anti-heal effect. They are:
Note that Brawler's and Divine don't stack...if a god is affected by one and gets hit by a god with the other, the healing reduction doesn't increase.

In addition, there is one relic and some different god abilities with anti-heal effect (usually 50% anti-heal):
You want to also keep in mind that anti-heal really does have a place...it is a strategic counter to a variety of healing...health potions, Meditation Cloak, Bracer of Undoing, and lifesteal of all types.

Tech mentioned the one item that sort of (but not very well) counters anti-heal, though it also acts as general healing enhancement when not being affected by anti-heal. Rod of Asclepius has its faults...it's magical only (sorry Guan Yu and Hercules), and the enhancement really isn't all that amazing...max increase of 20% when in combat, and a hefty price of 2,600 gold. The health and movespeed are nice survivability stats, and the power is pretty decent though.

Even with the prevalence of anti-heal items, it doesn't stop people, even in ranked/competitive, from choosing gods with healing, or from buying lifesteal items...all of these are very, very popular picks...
  • Hel (got a slight nerf for the upcoming patch, but even the pros have been using her)
  • Terra (EmilZy said she'd probably be his pick every game if she's not banned)
  • Artio is generally considered pretty strong
  • Ra remains a popular choice
  • Bancroft's Talon: Extremely popular lifesteal item
As such, I'd argue that things are generally in a decent place right now. Everyone's experience is going to differ, of course, but if anything, I think it's in a better place than it's ever been.

Regarding your item suggestion, maxing the amount of healing reduction is extremely underwhelming...the stats you have are generally very weak overall, and won't even work unless multiple anti-heal effects are being applied at once (other than those specific abilities that decrease healing by 100%). As it is, that item would probably be worth maybe 1,200 gold at best, and that's basically just for the protections (and no one would ever pick it up). If you wanted to make it more effective, you'd probably want it to have a passive more like:

If affected by anti-heal, the anti-heal effect is reduced by 50% for all healing. In addition, the owner gains 30% CC reduction for the duration of the anti-heal effect (or something to that effect).

Anyway, there are some healing-based gods that are sort of weak. The most HR should do is tweak their kits to give them more relevance...at least in my opinion.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » September 9, 2017 11:43pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

God abilities w/ 100% anti-heal - Odin's Ring of Spears, Serqet's Last Breath

Don't forget Osiris's Lord of the Afterlife

Authorize

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mockridge » May 20, 2018 8:16pm | Report
I think I may have not explained myself enough.

By Anti-Heal Prevention I meant an item that

Reduces the "Anti-heal items" down to a Maximum 25%.

So if your enemy hit you with brawlers
and you had your "New item" equipped

Instead of reducing your healing output by 40%

it would only reduce it by a maximum of 25%.

ANTI-HEAL PREVENTION <3333

Sorry if I made it confusing.

Mockridge

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 21, 2018 10:59am | Report
I would say this item would possibly be somewhat OP, depending on how this is applied.

If you straight up limit anti-heal to a total that you're affected by, say 25% like you said, you could render a variety of other items completely useless if bought and applied in combination (say BBS and Pest), which would make the item broken.

If you were to adjust how it affects anti-healing, that might work. Say, something along the lines of "if affected by anti-healing, anti-healing effect is reduced by 50% on each unique item/skill."

So, if you were facing BBS and Pest, instead of seeing 65% anti-heal, it would be 32.5%. Odin's Ring of Spears would reduce your heal by 50%, etc., etc.

Now, I don't know what that proper number would be to provide a balanced, feasible item, and I don't know if even having that kind of item in the first place is a good idea, but I do like the general concept of being able to counter a counter with something besides Rod of Asclepius, which is sort of a counter, but also a healing buff.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AhTheNegotiator » July 15, 2020 6:56pm | Report
being able to counter anti heal like that would make people who already have masses of healing like aphrodite and builds based on all life steal, like anubis, near impossible to fight. lets say u have an all life steal anubis build in a 1v1 that gives u the maximum of 65% life steal, so i build in toxic blade and brawlers beat stick allowing me to apply up to 80% anti heal so i have a chance of killing you, well with that item u can take that 80 and turn it into 25 and make anti heal basically useless against you

AhTheNegotiator

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }