Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jesus Christ, The Messiah (Christian Guardian)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Jesus Christ, The Messiah (Christian Guardian) 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aparajita » December 28, 2013 11:29am | Report
Jesus Christ, The Messiah (Christian Guardian)

Passive: The Blood He Shed.
Each time Jesus takes damage, he gains stacks of “Blood He Shed”, which increases his maximum health, this effect does not give additional life. In Addition, he gains magical power based off his maximum health.
1% of damage taken increases his maximum health up to +500 additional life.
15% Health is converted into magical power.

1: Spear of Longinus:
Jesus throws the Spear of Longinus, the spear that ended his life. It deals damage, passing though minions until it hits an enemy god. When an enemy God is struck by this ability, they are feared in the direction they are facing for x seconds.
Damage: 110/195/260/310/400 (+60% of your magical power)
Minion Damage: 90/140/200/240/300 (+20% of your magical power)
Fear Duration: 1/ 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3.

2: Blood of My Blood:
Jesus spills some of his sacred blood, which pools up around him. Allies who enter these pools consume them, becoming healed and dealing increased damage. In addition, if enemies walk into these pools, they take damage and receive reduced healing.
Number of Pools: 3
Healing: 70/120/160/200/240 (+40% of your magical power)
Damage increase: 15%
Damage Taken: 70/120/160/200/240 (+35% of your magical power)
Healing Reduction: 50%

3: Water Into Wine:
Jesus converts water into wine in a targeted cone, dealing damage to enemies and causing them to become disorientated, in addition, allies who are effected by this are healed and gain increased movement speed.
Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+40% of your magical power)
Disorientation: 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3.
Healing: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (+10% of your magical power)
Movement Speed increase: 25%

4: The One True Cross
Jesus Mounts the cross, preparing for the ultimate sacrifice. While on the Cross, he takes damage and heals all allies nearby and increases their protections. Enemies, in awe of Jesus’ sacrifice, have their protections reduced. If Jesus dies while on this effect, allies receive a buff that if they die within the next 10 seconds, they will be revived at the targeted location.
Damage: 2/4/6/8/10%.
Duration: 5s
Healing: 200/225/250/300/325. (+50% of your magical power)
Protection Increase: 30/50/70/90/110.
Enemy Protection Reduction: 15/30/45/60/75.

Aparajita

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 28, 2013 12:22pm | Report
Lol, so, like, would he be rooted during his ultimate? Would just be kind of...weird to see.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » December 28, 2013 1:11pm | Report
That's disturbing.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 28, 2013 3:46pm | Report
I'm pretty sure Jesus was a man of peace, not impaling his enemies with the spear that killed him. A bit too goth, don't you think?

Also...having the ability to resurrect your entire team (more common than you think, considering how teamfights typically crash hard onto one side or another, instead of being a small skirmish) is way overpowered.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » December 28, 2013 4:55pm | Report
I think Jesus can fit in the game but hed have to be the pacifist he was in the bible. Instead of damaging anyone he should only heal and reduce damage. Have him increase the movement speed and attack speed of his allies while he hangs around in the back and preaches the importance of friendship.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 28, 2013 5:46pm | Report
Jesus won't ever be added, nor will a recent reincarnation of Vishnu, or allah, or yahweh, or pretty much anything like that. They don't want to offend religions by incorporating current, widespread relegions' avatars into a game based around killing.

But aside from the fact that it will literally never be in the game, I'll judge it on content.

Before I even start, there are no cooldowns listed. Is he He Bo or is he Poseidon when it comes to ability frequency?

First, his passive is oddly worded. How does he gain maximum health but not grant any additional life? Also, 15% health to magic power seems ridiculously overpowered, considering an entire item based around it, the Ethereal Staff, is only 2%. For a 4k health person, that's 600 MP, which is around what every MAGE has, and this is a full, common tank build - 4k is incredibly easy to attain. Toss in Ethereal staff itself, and hybrid items (warlock's sash coming instantly to mind), and you have someone with more MP than full mages, and as much health as full tanks.

His first ability: 3 second fear duration with an easy ~1k damage nuke? Ugh.

His second ability: no idea how quickly it activates nor how big the pool is, nor if the pools can be picked up by Jesus himself. In any case, unless it is very hard to land or very small area, it is VERY overpowered. 50% heal duration is a very rare thing on abilities - only 3 gods have healing reduction, and two of those three are only 25% modifiers. The damage isn't too extreme but for a character who seems to be aimed towards support, it'll still dish out around 600 damage per activation. The heal is also RIDICULOUS. If you think Chaac's heal is bad, think about a ~600-800 heal times 3, instantly. And melee can't even chase you to combat that damage, because as stated, the damage of the ability is nasty too.

His third ability: really? A 3 second disorient that's paired with a 3 second fear on his spear? And fun, more heals just to make sure a team never dies ever! Top that off with even more damage, ensuring this support character building almost literally full tank can still 100-0 someone with one rotation.

His ultimate: What % are the allies revived with? If it's anything more than what a Zilean ult would do, please no. 325 + 50% MP heal...awesome, another ~800-1000 heal, just what we needed! 110 Protections is basically giving your team an entire 4 defensive items - we're talking about 2 physical protection and 2 magical protection items, for an entire team. That's an effective 16 items for the rest of your team, meaning an effective gold value of around 25000, if we'd assume the items are about 2k gold (very very low estimate) WITH other stats, and it still ends up around 25k. Toss this in with the heal, with the enemy protection debuff (which is about 10 less items on the enemy team at 75 less of both protections, again meaning about 15k gold), and you have yourself a broken god.

I can't even...please no.
Also, seriously...it's Jesus...
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aparajita » December 28, 2013 6:22pm | Report
Well, @Raventhor, i'm happy someone decided to do something other than just say "It's Jesus, no"
Jesus Christ was a pacifist during his human lifetime, but during his ascendant state, no one really knows how he'll react to all of these deities killing mankind and prostrating themselves out to be the real divines. Now, moving along.

I'll start @ each of the abilities.
First off, all of the stats are just tossed in there for added effects, usually when i make a god i don't state the cooldowns/damage/heals/ect, due to my lack of knowledge on MoaB style games. The stats were literally ripped off other gods and tossed on so there would be values.

The CCs on the 1 and 3 are a bit much.

I had created Jesus as a healer / sacrificial god to reduce the attempt offense given to that particular branch of the religion, so, as i had stated, his stats are just tossed around.

His ultimate would have to have a large cooldown a small radius, and it's values would have to be changed.

As a furthernote, i don't understand why people are acting like ADCs and buying RAGE over a realistic pantheon idea. I mean, there are neopagans that worship ancient dieities. I mean, the Cult of Isis is the oldest surviving pagan cult.

Hell, my Uncle is a "preacher" for the Jails in the US for the Pagan faith, so that all religions are actively, http://www.patrickmccollum.org/, so your logic on that concept is invalid.

I understand that if they don't want to risk offending modern religions, they won't use them, but not under those pretenses.

Aparajita

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 28, 2013 6:29pm | Report
So you're saying that Jesus would possibly get trigger-happy when seeing a bunch of pagan gods? You have no idea how offense that statement is, right?

Okay, if you have no idea what values are where and don't have experience with this game, then why the hell are you making god concepts and expecting us to take it seriously? Mother of all Bombs games are also very unpopular nowadays.

Lame ADC joke, bad sentence structure. "Realistic pantheon idea?" What, are you going to consider adding God, with a capital G, into the game? And name-dropping "Cult of Isis" is nothing but more jibber-jabber that does nothing to help your position.

Also, you gave us a dead link.

"I understand that if they don't want to risk offending modern religions, they won't use them, but not under those pretenses."

Last fragment is completely mysterious.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 28, 2013 6:33pm | Report
Those are the exact pretenses, though...as I said, they won't use any *widespread*, current, common religions. Obviously there will always be people who believe in the gods used, hell, people believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But they won't risk losing a giant percentage of a fanbase by using a potentially offensive character in a game. I mean, south park got threats from terrorists and zealots over simply using Muhammed as a character, much less the god itself.

Otherwise, no harm no foul, I don't mind. I'm simply stating it won't be actualized :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 28, 2013 6:54pm | Report
Well, as a christianth I'm not really offended by adding Jesus but I'm not really supporting Him to be added. After all it is a game

Going to the god concept....... All what raventhor said is correct, this idea is super OP. Even if reducing the damage and duration, it is still too OP

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }